Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder > Curio & Relic Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic Gallery Post pictures of your favorite milsurp here.

Old 07-09-2017, 9:45 AM

Default S&W Model 57

I just got a new to me camera(Canon Rebel T2i)from a neighbor lady. I decided to try my hand at some beginner pics.

My first attempt is of one of my most coveted pieces, a 1966 Smith and Wesson Model 57, 4 inch barrel, target trigger and hammer, coke grips in presentation box(which I had restored a while back). This gun has been shot very little and is gorgeous.

Just trying to give it a shot...
Old 07-12-2017, 2:52 PM
Veteran Member

Wow !

Well done !
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.
Old 07-12-2017, 3:25 PM

Probably my favorite N frame. I have a couple (not as nice as yours tho) including one of the New Classics in 6" (not as nice, still pretty nice). It's a shame it doesn't have more rounds through it so you could enjoy it more. I inherited a never fired first year Python NIB and I had to sell it because I couldn't stand not being able to shoot it.
Old 07-14-2017, 4:30 PM

Thanks Jack! My photos could never rival the beautiful pictures you always post.

Drew, I have several pieces that never make it to the range. Mostly because my range time is very limited and I like to use it to train with my carry pieces. And I would give body parts for an unfired first year Python! I kick myself in the behind for not buying a truckload of snakes when I could get them for $700-$800!

I see photobucket has shanghai'd my photos...
Old 07-14-2017, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatseeker View Post
Thanks Jack! My photos could never rival the beautiful pictures you always post.

Drew, I have several pieces that never make it to the range. Mostly because my range time is very limited and I like to use it to train with my carry pieces. And I would give body parts for an unfired first year Python! I kick myself in the behind for not buying a truckload of snakes when I could get them for $700-$800!

I see photobucket has shanghai'd my photos...
I didn't feel to bad about selling (well, trading it) it, my grandfather (who it was presented to by his BIL who went on multiple safaris with him) wasn't a handgun guy and wasn't attached to it at all. Plus, it's a given you can't shoot it, but you can't even handle it really. Plus, I got a bunch of fun guns back for it, including a nice Trooper + an Automag.
Old 07-14-2017, 7:25 PM

It's always nice to feel like you made out OK in a trade. I have a hard time letting guns go(I've only sold 2). The good news is that my pops had an unfired 8" Nickle Python, still in the box from 1978. There's a good chance that someday, he will give it to me...
Old 07-14-2017, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatseeker View Post
It's always nice to feel like you made out OK in a trade. I have a hard time letting guns go(I've only sold 2). The good news is that my pops had an unfired 8" Nickle Python, still in the box from 1978. There's a good chance that someday, he will give it to me...
If I had inherited it much later in life it I would have kept it. I think I only had maybe 5 guns total at the time and 3 of those were long guns. A deer rifle in 6.5x08 (that I had maybe 50 rounds for total-and I didn't reload yet), a Win 59 12 gauge, a 10-22, a Bearcat and a MAC Mle 1950.