Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 11-19-2021, 7:17 PM

Default Help/thoughts? - pvs14 and bridge? Or buy a pvs15 or something else?

Not sure if this is posted somewhere before, sorry if this is a repeat.

I have a pretty worn and blemmed pvs14 gen 3 and was wondering if it’s worth it to buy a bridge and another pvs 14?, or should I just sell the 14 and go with a pvs15? As much as Id like a 31 its out of my price range. Maybe a RNVG? Though Im not sure the difference between the 15 and a rnvg is for price and performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2021, 7:25 PM

If it’s blemed it might be hard to find a good match.
Also it helps to collimate the two PVS-14 so that the images look most similar.

If your budget allows it, you can probably get a good set of RNVGs around $6K right now during the sales and Black Friday deals.

Check out Apollo Gear Co, Steele Industries, and Goonin Gear.

Old 11-19-2021, 7:38 PM
Veteran Member

Bridged 14 are extremely heavy over a 1 1/2 pounds hanging in front of your face. Paired with a counter weight of 3/4 to 1lbs, ballistic/bump helmet the weight becomes very substantial. I ran dual 14 on a ModArmory bridge and after @ 4 minutes of use my neck really started to feel it.

PVS15 are dinosaurs in the binos. Parts are hard to come and by todays binos they're heavy @ 24ozs IIRC vs 17-19 ozs BNVD SG/LW.

IMHO the NVD BNVD-SG articulating goggles are the best for the money. The bino and/or each pod can turn off when raised or lowered individually and being able to fold close to your noggin will also help with the felt weight vs hanging in front of you.

For the best Black Friday sales contact Robert from JRHENTETPRISES. He has some incredible deals on night vision etc. He has been known for giving people pre black friday sale prices, so giving him a call will be beneficial. All of his night vision has a 10 year warranty on tubes.

Palmetto State Armory Suppliers revealed

"If it ain't stock, it don't belong on your Glock"

Last edited by Munny$hot; 11-19-2021 at 7:41 PM..
Old 11-19-2021, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzBen View Post
If it’s blemed it might be hard to find a good match.
Also it helps to collimate the two PVS-14 so that the images look most similar.

If your budget allows it, you can probably get a good set of RNVGs around $6K right now during the sales and Black Friday deals.

Check out Apollo Gear Co, Steele Industries, and Goonin Gear.

That’s my thoughts and BF idea. Is there a difference between pvs15’s and rnvg and dtnvs? From what I understand 15’s are heavy and older. Rnvgs and dtnvs are new to me

Old 11-19-2021, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munny$hot View Post
Bridged 14 are extremely heavy over a 1 1/2 pounds hanging in front of your face. Paired with a counter weight of 3/4 to 1lbs, ballistic/bump helmet the weight becomes very substantial. I ran dual 14 on a ModArmory bridge and after @ 4 minutes of use my neck really started to feel it.

PVS15 are dinosaurs in the binos. Parts are hard to come and by todays binos they're heavy @ 24ozs IIRC vs 17-19 ozs BNVD SG/LW.

IMHO the NVD BNVD-SG articulating goggles are the best for the money. The bino and/or each pod can turn off when raised or lowered individually and being able to fold close to your noggin will also help with the felt weight vs hanging in front of you.

For the best Black Friday sales contact Robert from JRHENTETPRISES. He has some incredible deals on night vision etc. He has been known for giving people pre black friday sale prices, so giving him a call will be beneficial. All of his night vision has a 10 year warranty on tubes.

Sounds great, thanks for the info, appreciate it. I’ll look into nvd bnvd-sg’s. Are they around the same price and specs compared to drnvgs and rnvgs?

Old 11-19-2021, 8:25 PM

They are just different housings.

RVNG are aluminum and non articulating.

DTNVS are articulating with auto off features and a built in IR iluminator.

There are many others such as Katanas, BNVD, PVS-31a, etc.

You can find the differences on YouTube.

Old 11-20-2021, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyasiankid View Post
That’s my thoughts and BF idea. Is there a difference between pvs15’s and rnvg and dtnvs? From what I understand 15’s are heavy and older. Rnvgs and dtnvs are new to me

Can’t go wrong with RNVG’s.. I got mine from NVinc about a year ago, it’s the Photonis Hybrid White Phos.. Low Light it’s pretty decent, No Light it struggles a bit, that’s why there IR Light lol..
Old 11-21-2021, 12:17 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyasiankid View Post
Sounds great, thanks for the info, appreciate it. I’ll look into nvd bnvd-sg’s. Are they around the same price and specs compared to drnvgs and rnvgs?

Specs will vary depending on which tubes you want. White or green Phosphor, gen 3 filmed or filmless, Gen 2 Photonsis, echo, echo + Intens, etc. The NVD BNVD, PVS15, DTNVG, DTNVS, PVS31 all refer to bino housings.

As for tubes Photonsis do better in urban environments with vs Gen 3 filmed/filmless due to then having streaks when street/car lights are looked even if thy're in the back ground. Gen 3 tubes are better in very dark places with filmless tube being slightly better extremely dark places. It like watching a b/w tv with a lot of white noise/snow on the screen and you can read the text on the tv, but other channels you know its letters and can kind of make it out. The price difference between ultra high spec Omni VIII WP DTNVGs can cost @ 10,000 vs NVD BNVG-SG GP Omni VIII that meet military spec for 5,999.

Palmetto State Armory Suppliers revealed

"If it ain't stock, it don't belong on your Glock"
Old 11-21-2021, 1:35 AM
Veteran Member

Default Help/thoughts? - pvs14 and bridge? Or buy a pvs15 or something else?

RNVG is the best value/strength

Mod3 is pretty interesting.

Last edited by email; 11-21-2021 at 1:37 AM..