Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2019, 5:36 PM

Default TRO and registered assault rifles

A friend of mine was recently accused of rape, was served a TRO, police investigation is recommending to the DA charges get dropped. He has his first court appearance tomorrow for the RO upon waiting the DAs decision to proceed.

My concern. I dated the girl as well a while ago and she just started asking odd questions and I did not feel comfortable with the timing and decided not to answer. We broke up via text on good terms, talked after on good terms without a single disagreement and now this is occurring. Iím concerned about receiving a TRO if she decides to act vengeful. I was wondering if there is an attorney I should reference, if I should allow the police to take possession, should/can I plan for potential out of state storage at an FFL/friend where the weapons arenít classified as assault weapons (or if thatís even possible) or if a local FFL can store them. I wish I could talk rationally and explain the potential situation but I donít know how given the timing and how sheís behaving now.
Old 12-02-2019, 6:35 PM

Youíre smart to plan ahead. You could contact Michael and Associates or one of the firearms-fluent lawyers who advertise on CalGuns for a plan. Might be the cheapest $500 you ever spent.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:51 PM

Need pics of ex.

Benjamin Franklin
Old 12-02-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp1 View Post
Youíre smart to plan ahead. You could contact Michael and Associates or one of the firearms-fluent lawyers who advertise on CalGuns for a plan. Might be the cheapest $500 you ever spent.
^^^^^
This. If you do in fact have registered AWs, it just makes it even more complicated due to CA laws regarding possession and storage of AWs. If you fear that your ex might get an RO out of spite, definitely get a firearms lawyer to discuss your options. However, whatever you do, don't let the police/DOJ take possession; getting them back is a bureaucratic nightmare.
Old 12-03-2019, 5:14 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

See who can store firearms for now. In locked case with only you retaining access. Contact audiophil in Az. UGimports is up near you maybe can help.
Old 12-03-2019, 9:05 AM

Most definitely plan ahead, at least with regard to how to keep the police away from your firearms. A trip out of state to a place where you can legally store your property is something I would be ready to do at a moments notice, given that need may arise. As others have said, DO NOT GIVE THE POLICE AN OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE POSSESSION OF YOUR PROPERTY. PLAN ACCORDINGLY NOW. Getting them back in the future may be a tremendous hassle, and given their past record, your property may be destroyed in the meantime.
Old 12-04-2019, 7:32 PM

Well, good news on this front. The girl is realizing she may be (legitimately) be on the line for defamation regarding what she’s been saying, so she’s shutting up for now with my friend.
Old 12-04-2019, 8:35 PM

A strong offense is usually the best defense when accused in these groundless cases. If the charges are not strongly contested, your reputation, job, etc. can be affected. The stink can linger quite awhile.
Old 12-04-2019, 8:37 PM

Defamation might be the least of her worries. If anything, she might be criminally charged with filing a false report which could be a misdemeanor at best or felony at worst.