Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161  
Old 07-28-2019, 9:13 PM
Dan_Eastvale's Avatar
Dan_Eastvale Dan_Eastvale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,935
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

If Trump wins in 2020, perhaps SCOTUS will force CA to adopt Federal gun laws.. Like here in Utah, Idaho and the rest of middle America. After all, the Angels DID win the World Series.. It can happen..
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 11-30-2019, 8:11 PM
San_Diego_Shooter's Avatar
San_Diego_Shooter San_Diego_Shooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Weatherford, TX
Posts: 181
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Just revisiting this older thread. Seems like one doesn't need to be too much of a prophet to predict CA actions.

Elimination of prop 13 is in the mix and rent controls are being discussed by CA DOJ and CA legislature.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics...m-14545798.php
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 11-30-2019, 9:13 PM
GW's Avatar
GW GW is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Evergreen State
Posts: 15,490
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

The crap just never stops there, does it?
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 12-01-2019, 9:22 AM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Diamond Springs CA
Posts: 4,013
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgone View Post
As of this week, I will no longer do any business with anyone in Ca unless it is absolutely necessary.
I will still buy fuel, food, etc. basic needs.
Anything and everything else I will purchase out of state. Nevada is two hours away.
My wife and I have planned to buy a new vehicle.
We are waiting until we get ready to move to Idaho. At that time we will purchase the vehicle in Idaho.
My purpose, not give komifornia any more of my money than needed.
I strongly suggest everyone else follow this line of thinking.
There are work arounds. The internet, driving over to the next state exc.
You really want to hurt anyone?
Hit them in the pocketbook.
You know, this kind of crap really pisses me off.

Sooo, you're saying that you will no longer support local small business in order to punish the state of CA through THEIR pocket books?

Mom and Pop businesses of all kinds are already dropping like flies because of big box, Amazon, CA labor laws, liability etc. They can barely afford to keep their doors open and keep their employees families (and their children) fed.

If you really want to make an impact. GET INVOLVED. Donate to the fight, volunteer, and friggin VOTE. If all the reasonable, free thinking people in this state would stop complaining online and actually participate in our representative democracy we could take the state back in two voting cycles. Because we don't participate, we are our own worst enemy.

Regarding giving up and leaving CA:
I could have bailed on CA and and moved elsewhere (like Franklin Armory, Exile Machine, and others) and continue to reap the benefit of selling our compliant stocks from the sidelines. I could have abandoned our employees and their families (who are like my family) for cheaper labor and less regulation elsewhere. Instead I choose to stay to fight. I GET INVOLVED and support the causes that are fighting for our very freedom.

So lets analyze your new plan as it applies to ME specifically. Let's say you wanna buy one of our stocks at a local dealer. According to YOUR plan, you can't because they are in CA. Yeah you're really stuck it to our evil CA overlords depriving them of 7-9% sales tax!! BUT, you don't get your stock (you lose) the local dealer doesn't get your business that supports him/her, their employees and families (they lose) I don't sell the kit to the dealer to support MY business and employees ( I lose), I can't support advocacy groups and travel to support the fight (everybody loses).

The only way anyone is gonna hurt the state in their pocketbooks is if BIG corporations like Facebook, Apple, Amazon, etc. take their businesses and their hundreds of thousands of tax paying employees elsewhere.

You plan only hurts the little guy.

RANT OVER!!

Thordo
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 12-01-2019, 5:53 PM
Mountain Max's Avatar
Mountain Max Mountain Max is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 567
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Getting you to leave is part of the objective and further emboldens the strategy, this gets adopted in other states. Eventually there's nowhere left to retreat to. If you're moving to another state you should still be sending money to CA based gun rights groups to keep the fight here. That's what the NRA does
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 12-02-2019, 9:48 AM
B.J.F.'s Avatar
B.J.F. B.J.F. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bullhead City, AZ
Posts: 573
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordo View Post
You know, this kind of crap really pisses me off.

Sooo, you're saying that you will no longer support local small business in order to punish the state of CA through THEIR pocket books?

Mom and Pop businesses of all kinds are already dropping like flies because of big box, Amazon, CA labor laws, liability etc. They can barely afford to keep their doors open and keep their employees families (and their children) fed.

If you really want to make an impact. GET INVOLVED. Donate to the fight, volunteer, and friggin VOTE. If all the reasonable, free thinking people in this state would stop complaining online and actually participate in our representative democracy we could take the state back in two voting cycles. Because we don't participate, we are our own worst enemy.

Regarding giving up and leaving CA:
I could have bailed on CA and and moved elsewhere (like Franklin Armory, Exile Machine, and others) and continue to reap the benefit of selling our compliant stocks from the sidelines. I could have abandoned our employees and their families (who are like my family) for cheaper labor and less regulation elsewhere. Instead I choose to stay to fight. I GET INVOLVED and support the causes that are fighting for our very freedom.

So lets analyze your new plan as it applies to ME specifically. Let's say you wanna buy one of our stocks at a local dealer. According to YOUR plan, you can't because they are in CA. Yeah you're really stuck it to our evil CA overlords depriving them of 7-9% sales tax!! BUT, you don't get your stock (you lose) the local dealer doesn't get your business that supports him/her, their employees and families (they lose) I don't sell the kit to the dealer to support MY business and employees ( I lose), I can't support advocacy groups and travel to support the fight (everybody loses).

The only way anyone is gonna hurt the state in their pocketbooks is if BIG corporations like Facebook, Apple, Amazon, etc. take their businesses and their hundreds of thousands of tax paying employees elsewhere.

You plan only hurts the little guy.

RANT OVER!!

Thordo
Iím a little guy, I couldnít to remain in Commiefornia and survive. Since moving I have been able to buy a nice house, find employment and get promoted to a management position and I have a decent amount money left over at the end of each month to put in my savings.

For those saying we should have stayed and kept fighting the loosing fight, you were not paying my bills to keep me there. I was drowning in California.

I had a business in California and everyone at the end wanted Amazon prices, free shipping and to not pay sales tax. Where was everyone supporting my small business like youíre suggesting?

I had fair pricing and checked my competition to make sure I had lower prices than they did. It still wasnít good enough to have the lower prices and outstanding customer service. For me to give Amazon pricing would have been to only net 2.00 on each sale. You canít survive on that when each unit cost over 100.
__________________
Newly Minted Prase of 2019 ďDonít Smollett Me BroĒ
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 12-02-2019, 3:45 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Diamond Springs CA
Posts: 4,013
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J.F. View Post
I’m a little guy, I couldn’t to remain in Commiefornia and survive. Since moving I have been able to buy a nice house, find employment and get promoted to a management position and I have a decent amount money left over at the end of each month to put in my savings.

For those saying we should have stayed and kept fighting the loosing fight, you were not paying my bills to keep me there. I was drowning in California.

I had a business in California and everyone at the end wanted Amazon prices, free shipping and to not pay sales tax. Where was everyone supporting my small business like you’re suggesting?

I had fair pricing and checked my competition to make sure I had lower prices than they did. It still wasn’t good enough to have the lower prices and outstanding customer service. For me to give Amazon pricing would have been to only net 2.00 on each sale. You can’t survive on that when each unit cost over 100.
Hi B.J.F,

I'm sorry but you missed my point. What I was saying is that not buying local, as the OP suggests, does nothing to hurt the state. It only hurts the people and does nothing to help the fight for our rights.

Thordo
__________________

Last edited by Thordo; 12-02-2019 at 3:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 12-02-2019, 5:54 PM
dfletcher's Avatar
dfletcher dfletcher is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 13,279
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordo View Post
Hi B.J.F,

I'm sorry but you missed my point. What I was saying is that not buying local, as the OP suggests, does nothing to hurt the state. It only hurts the people and does nothing to help the fight for our rights.

Thordo

It depends on whether or not the state values that "little guy" who is being hurt. Matters only if he's engaged in a business that has the state's stamp of approval.

CA has a sufficiently large enough economy that it can deal with large companies leaving and not even blink. If all the "local gun stores" went away there'd be no economic impact in CA and further, CA would be happy that you and anyone else dealing in guns left the state. But if a few MJ growers and sellers skipped out or any business related to gender identification, or anything else CA held as being desirable, the state would step up do something about it.

Giving CA the finger regarding guns is kind of like flipping off a blind man - feels good, but doesn't have the desired effect.

I'm leaving CA not by way of saying "screw you" to this state, that's just avoiding a negative. I'm leaving by way of doing better, finding a positive.

Last edited by dfletcher; 12-02-2019 at 5:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 12-04-2019, 9:34 AM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Diamond Springs CA
Posts: 4,013
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
It depends on whether or not the state values that "little guy" who is being hurt. Matters only if he's engaged in a business that has the state's stamp of approval.

CA has a sufficiently large enough economy that it can deal with large companies leaving and not even blink. If all the "local gun stores" went away there'd be no economic impact in CA and further, CA would be happy that you and anyone else dealing in guns left the state. But if a few MJ growers and sellers skipped out or any business related to gender identification, or anything else CA held as being desirable, the state would step up do something about it.

Giving CA the finger regarding guns is kind of like flipping off a blind man - feels good, but doesn't have the desired effect.

I'm leaving CA not by way of saying "screw you" to this state, that's just avoiding a negative. I'm leaving by way of doing better, finding a positive.
Duly noted. The reason most came to CA was greener pastures and opportunity, from the gold rush to Silicon Valley. Now they leave for the same reasons which is totally respectable. You gotta do what's best for you and yours.

However, if one chooses to leave CA (or any other state) due to conflicting political ideology, they must realize that, as we're currently seeing and read in numerous CG threads, the CA virus is spreading and the number of places to escape to are shrinking. At some point one will still have to take a stand to turn the tide. Get involved, stay informed, VOTE!!

Thordo
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 12-05-2019, 8:10 PM
secretasianman's Avatar
secretasianman secretasianman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NV
Posts: 150
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
For the folks who have already left. Does your new location have public or private shooting ranges !
Well... yeah. There are lots of publicly owned land you can shoot for free in AZ, ID, NV, OR... every state neighboring CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
We are making plans to be part time Californians,even to the point of keeping a small checking account and maybe a credit card.
Careful. CA Franchise Tax Board has a division keeping tabs on non-residents who snowbird it. The best course of action is to cut ALL ties with CA including bank accounts. They'll use any financial ties as an excuse to claim you're still a resident and subject to CA state income tax.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:00 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.