Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 09-22-2019, 6:59 AM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.A.R. View Post
Question:

Can't we all be considered Consultants/Evaluators?
We do consult each other on firearms and ammo, and evaluate each other's firearm and ammo choices, therefore be able to cut the middle man out?
No.
"consultant-evaluator" is a profession that requires a valid COE and documentation from a FFL establishing their business relationship to test & evaluate firearms for the FFL.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 09-22-2019, 7:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

OP,
There are MANY excellent FFLS here on CG
Perhaps, post in the FFL section that you need an ammo transfer near you
Good Luck
Old 09-22-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
A clarification: FFLs need not apply for the Ammo Vendor license. It is statutorily granted on the basis of the FFL and their compliance with the ammunition control statutes.

PEN 16151(b) If FFLs take the actions necessary to comply with the ammunition sales/transfer controls, it would appear that they are explicitly agreeing to compliance with all elements of the statute in addition to their FFL duties under law.
If. In these cases, they are playing dumb. That’s all 3 local gun stores near me, playing dumb. The guidelines are laid out clearly, yet they (all 3 LGS head staff/manager) say there are none. I am betting they do this because they make no money on PPAT.. one less store inventory to sell, as well as most gun accessories being had online cheaper..
Petaluma Reloading Supplies actually told me so, they plan on trying to charge fees for PPAT because it hurt their business. So FFL down here play dumb to be able to say no..
Assuming the shall in the law requires them to do PPAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Saiga View Post
OP,
There are MANY excellent FFLS here on CG
Perhaps, post in the FFL section that you need an ammo transfer near you
Good Luck
Yes that is a good idea, thanks. I know UGI is in Fremont.

Last edited by Amac1989; 09-22-2019 at 10:04 AM..
Old 09-22-2019, 11:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amac1989 View Post
If. In these cases, they are playing dumb. That’s all 3 local gun stores near me, playing dumb.
The “if” means "when" they undertake the process of selling ammo under the provisions of the law, not “if” they decide to do PPT of ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amac1989 View Post
The guidelines are laid out clearly, yet they (all 3 LGS head staff/manager) say there are none. I am betting they do this because they make no money on PPAT.. one less store inventory to sell, as well as most gun accessories being had online cheaper..
Petaluma Reloading Supplies actually told me so, they plan on trying to charge fees for PPAT because it hurt their business. So FFL down here play dumb to be able to say no..
Assuming the shall in the law requires them to do PPAT.
Regulations allow them to charge a nice fat $5 for PP ammo transfers.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 09-23-2019 at 8:57 AM..
Old 09-22-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
The “if” means they undertake the process of selling ammo under the provisions of the law, not “if” they decide to do PPT of ammo.

Regulations allow them to charge a nice fat $5 for PP ammo transfers.
Good to know the amount, thanks.