Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 10-30-2018, 11:22 AM

Default Brownell's Discounts: Latest Code (Wednesday, 9 October 2019)

Latest:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butlers View Post
Code: SWC
Gets You: 10% off + free shipping on orders $99+
Expires: 11:59pm Wednesday, 9 October 2019

Last edited by butlers; 10-09-2019 at 7:48 AM..
Old 10-30-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:

Moderators, now that these Brownell's codes are coming out so frequently, do you think maybe we can just make a sticky for Brownell's codes? That way we can have a single collection point rather than multiple threads....
+1 on that
Old 11-02-2018, 5:42 AM
Calguns Addict

New Brownell's code today, Friday, 11-2.

Free ship, no min.

VC5
Old 11-02-2018, 12:31 PM

https://gun.deals/content/brownells
Old 11-02-2018, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Moderators, now that these Brownell's codes are coming out so frequently, do you think maybe we can just make a sticky for Brownell's codes? That way we can have a single collection point rather than multiple threads....
agree !!!
Old 11-02-2018, 9:41 PM

I wish Brownells had 1) a Visa and/or 2) discounted gift cards somewhere.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:51 PM

It's a great idea unless Brownells finds it....
Old 11-03-2018, 4:57 AM
Calguns Addict

The problem is going to be folks don't want to scroll thru a bunch of posts to see what the deals are. A new post is probably the most simple way.
Old 11-03-2018, 7:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue View Post
The problem is going to be folks don't want to scroll thru a bunch of posts to see what the deals are. A new post is probably the most simple way.
Agree. Many threads devolve into chat and after the 4th or 5th page, people stop checking the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guninator View Post
I wish Brownells had 1) a Visa and/or 2) discounted gift cards somewhere.
If they were to have a points back VISA, I'd drop Cabela's MasterCard in a heartbeat. I haven't found a credit card that'll issue Brownells gift cards as a reward yet.

Man, those pre-Bass Pro days were awesome at Cabela's...

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 11-03-2018, 7:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt11 View Post
It's a great idea unless Brownells finds it....
Why? They want people to use their codes and buy, buy, buy!

Old 11-03-2018, 7:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
This.

If I don’t see the deal and date in the thread title, then I’ll overlook it.
Old 11-03-2018, 7:59 AM

New forum software would be needed for it to work. So all members can contribute to a central post inside the thread while discussion continues. And active admins to lock/delete threads outside of it.
Old 11-03-2018, 8:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM44 View Post
If I don’t see the deal and date in the thread title, then I’ll overlook it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvrick View Post
New forum software would be needed for it to work. So all members can contribute to a central post inside the thread while discussion continues. And active admins to lock/delete threads outside of it.
Well then, Calamity Sue and whoever else is going to contribute, it's up to us. Let's bump this thread only for the latest code, and try not to clutter the thread with feel-good "look at the great deal I got!" posts (though I'm guilty of that as well).
"The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards." Lt Gen Sir William Butler, GCB
Old 11-03-2018, 9:13 AM

Quote:
The problem is, you can't subscribe to a new thread until you come in here and find it. I want an instant e-mail notification, not having to come in here and look, because I forget and miss the important ones like once cent hazmat.
Old 11-03-2018, 9:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
The problem is, you can't subscribe to a new thread until you come in here and find it. I want an instant e-mail notification, not having to come in here and look, because I forget and miss the important ones like once cent hazmat.
Not sure what you mean. I keep 4-8 windows open all day long, night too, including this one. When I refresh it, the threads with new posts are highlighted so I immediately know of any additions, new posts or otherwise. For a new a new thread I just click on "New Thread" and do it.
Old 11-03-2018, 9:23 AM

Quote:
There always is the “View First Unread” button on the top of each thread. There also is an upside down chevron button next to each thread you haven’t read since the last time you visited that you can click on as a shortcut.
Old 11-03-2018, 9:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock12 View Post
There always is the “View First Unread” button on the top of each thread. There also is an upside down chevron button next to each thread you haven’t read since the last time you visited that you can click on as a shortcut.
Never knew that. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member

Is 10% off and/or free shipping really still a sale when they do it so often?
Old 11-03-2018, 12:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender152 View Post
Sure it is. I’m waiting for the 10% off code as we speak to pick up a magpul D-60 drum mag. $109 - 10% + free shipping = the cheapest price for a D-60 drum mag out there. And this is before AJ cash back.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I like those 1 cent deals also.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender152 View Post
If you buy bullets for reloading. It's a.big deal.
Last case of bullets weighed 44 lbs.
Old 11-03-2018, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Not sure what you mean. I keep 4-8 windows open all day long, night too, including this one. When I refresh it, the threads with new posts are highlighted so I immediately know of any additions, new posts or otherwise. For a new a new thread I just click on "New Thread" and do it.
I was unclear; not all of us have your dedication to this forum, which we all appreciate. My point is I don't check this forum 12 times a day, and it's usually at night, often too late for the TODAY ONLY!!! posts. If we do Brownell's in a sticky, I'd subscribe and get an immediate e-mail notifying me of updates to it.

Whatevs, I'll just need to be more diligent in checking here.

My latest Brownells score was some nice Sig Sauer primed 40 brass, on sale 30% off, plus the 10% off code plus free shipping. Not technically hazmat, but it takes a week to snake its way across the country via ground. Waiting for 1200 primed cases to arrive so I can load them...gotta love the Internet.
Old 11-03-2018, 3:49 PM

Please change the name. It's easier for me to simply look in this forum and see if anyone posted a new code simply using the Ctrl+F command for "Brownell". I don't want to scroll through threads.
Old 11-03-2018, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct_Editz View Post
Please change the name. It's easier for me to simply look in this forum and see if anyone posted a new code simply using the Ctrl+F command for "Brownell". I don't want to scroll through threads.
Disagree. Hoping the moderators make this a sticky, so we can do this:

Quote:
My point is I don't check this forum 12 times a day, and it's usually at night, often too late for the TODAY ONLY!!! posts. If we do Brownell's in a sticky, I'd subscribe and get an immediate e-mail notifying me of updates to it.
"The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards." Lt Gen Sir William Butler, GCB
Old 11-03-2018, 3:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I was unclear; not all of us have your dedication to this forum, which we all appreciate. My point is I don't check this forum 12 times a day, and it's usually at night, often too late for the TODAY ONLY!!! posts. If we do Brownell's in a sticky, I'd subscribe and get an immediate e-mail notifying me of updates to it.

Whatevs, I'll just need to be more diligent in checking here.

My latest Brownells score was some nice Sig Sauer primed 40 brass, on sale 30% off, plus the 10% off code plus free shipping. Not technically hazmat, but it takes a week to snake its way across the country via ground. Waiting for 1200 primed cases to arrive so I can load them...gotta love the Internet.
Without a long song and dance, what's this "subscribe" business. That's another thing I'm not aware about.

Yes, since I'm retired, I probably do check it that often. Those who don't have the time to do this, I would think they would like to see the "deal", how long it's good for, and who's offering the deal, all in the title, which I try to do. It only makes sense to do this, at least I thought so, until I read some of the "tricks" mentioned above.
Old 11-03-2018, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Without a long song and dance, what's this "subscribe" business. That's another thing I'm not aware about.
Pretty easy! Just click on "thread tools", then on "subscribe to this thread" (I'm currently subscribed to the thread, which is my screenshot offers me the option of un-subscribing):

You'll then be taken to a screen where you can sign up for email notifications.

That way, if someone posts something to one of your subscribed threads, you get an automatic notification via email, rather than having to manually go back to the thread and hit the refresh button. As Guninator stated, not everyone has the luxury of camping out at CalGuns all day, but most of us have smart phones with email notifications enabled....

Last edited by butlers; 11-03-2018 at 4:07 PM..
Old 11-03-2018, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Pretty easy! Just click on "thread tools", then on "subscribe to this thread" (I'm currently subscribed to the thread, which is my screenshot offers me the option of un-subscribing):

You'll then be taken to a screen where you can sign up for email notifications.

That way, if someone posts something to one of your subscribed threads, you get an automatic notification via email, rather than having to manually go back to the thread and hit the refresh button. As Guninator stated, not everyone has the luxury of camping out at CalGuns all day, but most of us have smart phones with email notifications enabled....
Sweet, never knew about that. Thank you.
Old 11-03-2018, 4:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct_Editz View Post
Sweet, never knew about that. Thank you.
Neither did I. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-03-2018, 6:16 PM

Subscriptions are great. Prevents you from having to manually keep track of threads you're interested in, e.g. "I wonder if anyone has posted anything in that sale thread I have going?" No need to hit the refresh button; you'll get an email notification if there's anything new.
Old 11-04-2018, 5:13 AM
Calguns Addict

To each his own. It takes me 2-3 seconds to click on the open window and refresh to see what's new. 2-3 seconds to click and scroll to bottom. I don't keep my email open so I have to open it, multiple clicks and lots of time, then scroll down to find it, as there's usually 10-50 emails waiting for me, then open it. All very time consuming and many times I have to repeat a step. Also, my emails are that fast coming to me. For me, my way is a no brainer that I'ver been using for 7-8 years now. My number of posts don't tell the story about me as where I spent the first few years was in a thread where they don't count the posts. I easily have another 5K posts. Below is where all the action took place years ago.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...02274&page=734
Old 11-04-2018, 5:30 AM
Calguns Addict

See? New Brownells codes and nobody looked

Old 11-04-2018, 5:33 AM
Calguns Addict

VCD $10 off $99
VCJ $20 off $200
VBW $35 off $300

Today only 11/4

Old 11-04-2018, 6:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double3 View Post
That would be just too easy! But yes...this ^^^

The issue with Subscription is that when you get comments in the thread you will get an email, it does not mean there are new codes. And I dont recall if this forums software is set this way, but many only email you at first message, not each one. Which resets when after you visit under your login.

I use subs for marketplace and an occasional thread of interest, but if your thought is its the best way to know about 'New' codes....not so much.

Calamity, I know you are up on the gun deals page and have referred folks to it. Curious why you think a thread is better than a daily visit there.

What functional improvement do ya'll see in a thread versus the gun deals page. When I get B's emails I do find them there as well.

If the issue is notification as we forget to check, you are still reliant on it being posted here, which happens after its either been seen on gun deals, @ B's site, or someone got the email before those on B's list. If you are on their list you got the email, just like you would a forum subs noticification email (which could be comments only), and you got notified by B's before the forum. So logically you can say sign up on B's list or look at gun.deals as its no different than visiting there before the marketplace/deals.

To me, folks post them here for those that dont sign up for B's list, or dont know about gun.deals. But its those that know about both that want the sticky....so maybe its me...but I dont really get it for this group as its utility is more likely for a different audience.

FWIW, if one wants notification as subs here can be unreliable due to the notification on comments without new codes, set up a web page change monitoring on gun.deals. There are free services and can email if that page changes. Which means you get notice on removals...but hey...you're going to get bogus notification sub'ing to a thread of this nature for every 'thanks' anyway....
Old 11-04-2018, 7:03 AM

Quote:
To each his own. It takes me 2-3 seconds to click on the open window and refresh to see what's new. 2-3 seconds to click and scroll to bottom. I don't keep my email open so I have to open it, multiple clicks and lots of time, then scroll down to find it, as there's usually 10-50 emails waiting for me, then open it. All very time consuming and many times I have to repeat a step. Also, my emails are that fast coming to me. For me, my way is a no brainer that I'ver been using for 7-8 years now. My number of posts don't tell the story about me as where I spent the first few years was in a thread where they don't count the posts. I easily have another 5K posts. Below is where all the action took place years ago.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...02274&page=734

That was a great thread!!!
Old 11-04-2018, 10:46 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
See? New Brownells codes and nobody looked
Was too busy winning money at the casinos.

If you have noticed, Brownell's always has a new set of codes on Sunday.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:46 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffypuppy View Post
Oh the good ole days.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Was too busy winning money at the casinos.
That, or busy at the buffet lines?

So what matters is how ActiveJunky's 10-15% cash back periods overlap with Brownells 10+% off codes, right?

Old 11-04-2018, 4:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
That, or busy at the buffet lines?

So what matters is how ActiveJunky's 10-15% cash back periods overlap with Brownells 10+% off codes, right?
We usually go for a free breakfast buffet during "Senior" Wednesday. Free as it's half points day and we have a zillion points. We've been doing this for 15 years or so. Food is first class as it has to be for a regular $9 breakfast. As you know, I like to do my own cooking.

I've only seen AJ for Brownell's once at 10%, or was it 8%. I'm sure it will be elevated some time during the holidays. Lots of good buys on a lot of items everywhere, except of course, at Cabela's.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:07 AM
Norville Iron Bank
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffypuppy View Post

588 posts in a single thread...
Old 11-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darto View Post
588 posts in a single thread...
Not sure what you mean by that number. Current post is 29,351, and on 1-1-18, it was 29,001 which shows how it has slacked off due to the CA ammo situation that started back then.