Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 09-08-2019, 6:14 PM

USAA has free credit monitoring service through CreditCheck.
Old 09-08-2019, 9:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeeandgunsandammo View Post
Are they changing the rules now mid game?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
From the very beginning, the up-to-$125 cash compensation was supposed to be for people who had paid for credit monitoring services as a result of having been exposed. It was supposed to be a way to reimburse the actual financial costs that you incurred in response to the data breach. But of course, everyone just saw this as an opportunity to get a free $125, and now nobody gets $125.

It was never a "Go to this website and get a free $125". The $125 option was for people whose information was exposed and subsequently purchased credit monitoring services. The rest of you were supposed to not pick the $125 option, and were supposed to take the free credit monitoring option. This was all plainly described on the claim website. But the masses have ruined it for everyone.
Old 09-09-2019, 4:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna quesadilla View Post
From the very beginning, the up-to-$125 cash compensation was supposed to be for people who had paid for credit monitoring services as a result of having been exposed. It was supposed to be a way to reimburse the actual financial costs that you incurred in response to the data breach. But of course, everyone just saw this as an opportunity to get a free $125, and now nobody gets $125.

It was never a "Go to this website and get a free $125". The $125 option was for people whose information was exposed and subsequently purchased credit monitoring services. The rest of you were supposed to not pick the $125 option, and were supposed to take the free credit monitoring option. This was all plainly described on the claim website. But the masses have ruined it for everyone.
How did they “ruin it for everyone”? If you were being honest and have credit monitoring it’s not a big deal. All they ask is what company is providing that service. One question and you move on.
Old 09-09-2019, 7:13 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K View Post
How did they “ruin it for everyone”? If you were being honest and have credit monitoring it’s not a big deal. All they ask is what company is providing that service. One question and you move on.
Read the post again... the people who legitimately had credit monitoring were not the problem. It's the people who actually didn't have any credit monitoring, but who are just going in and saying "oh I totally had Credit Karma" or whatever. There are whole threads on the big internet hubs like Reddit, instructing people which credit monitoring companies they can lie about so they could get their $125 without Equifax being able to verify it. There's even some of that happening in this very thread. Read more/Post less.
Old 09-10-2019, 8:38 AM

I had credit monitoring as a result, I applied for the full credit and submitted receipts for everything. I still got the email like everyone mentioned above earlier.

Active Junky - Use my link to join, we both get $10.
https://www.activejunky.com/invite/203490
Old 09-11-2019, 4:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna quesadilla View Post
Read the post again... the people who legitimately had credit monitoring were not the problem. It's the people who actually didn't have any credit monitoring, but who are just going in and saying "oh I totally had Credit Karma" or whatever. There are whole threads on the big internet hubs like Reddit, instructing people which credit monitoring companies they can lie about so they could get their $125 without Equifax being able to verify it. There's even some of that happening in this very thread. Read more/Post less.
Yes and the follow up email
Says “what company are you using”

You answer one question and move on. It’s not like the email is stating that the lawsuit is now over and no one gets anything. Whether I get $125 or $1.25, it’s more money than I had before signing up.
Old 09-11-2019, 9:50 AM

Thanks for the post. I didn't know I was involved. Now I do. Took the monitoring.
Old 09-22-2019, 9:06 AM

What should we be expecting if i chose the free monitoring. Am I waiting on an email? Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2019, 9:16 AM
Calguns Addict

Some of us got emails. Others wanted to take advantage and try to get "free money". What Tuna said was absolutely correct.