Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 03-07-2019, 7:38 PM
CGSSA Associate

Default SSZS in a free state?

Is there any reason why the SSZS can't be held in NV or AZ? Come out, strip off the shackles of oppression and run nekkid!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets View Post
5 guys, hot damn thats some good eat'n.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromensch View Post
damn, i duped my own thread...first time i did a poll
Old 03-08-2019, 6:27 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

But, we live in California and as good law abiding gun owners, we don't have any of that cool stuff you can use in free states. Right?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2019, 6:39 AM

Quartzite here we come! Get ready!
Old 03-08-2019, 12:04 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonosrcng View Post
But, we live in California and as good law abiding gun owners, we don't have any of that cool stuff you can use in free states. Right?

Some have shackles or neutered. Bring parts and tools so you can run free!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-08-2019, 3:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I've floated this idea a couple times in the past. Never really received traction. I had a friend near reno that had some great acreage that could have been used but alas, he sold it and moved to Arizona and no longer has viable land....

Would background checks, fees, taxes, and long waiting periods be considered "infringements" if they were applied to the right to vote or the right to free speech?
Old 03-08-2019, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonosrcng View Post

If you have a registered sb23 gun then yeh you get to have cool things on it.But gotta live with the transport and places to shoot it restricitons.BUt BLM land is good to go in ca.

Sad part is i have been given more crap by rsos at a public range(wanting to see actual registration papers and prove its legal vs rangers on public land.
Old 03-08-2019, 6:48 PM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

I think several factors come in...from logistics to planning to location to travel to scouting...

If I lived closer to Nevada I'd scout and secure a spot, but it's a BIG time investment to find a place and set it up, and it's a full days driving round trip for me to get to NV. lonewolf runs a really really good program and has it very well dialed in where it's at, but doing similar at a significantly further away location likely wouldn't be feasible.
Old 03-08-2019, 7:31 PM

Lone wolf does run an amazing program at current location. It has always been super safe! Except for the snake that tried to physically attack my wife at camp... oh and the spider that attacked Vick’s hat.

SSZS will live in infamy! It will be one of the few things my wife and I will miss when we depart for free America for good.
739D321E-95C9-4C1A-838F-9819A5984F1E.jpg
Old 03-09-2019, 9:57 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

At one time and on a much smaller scale, there was a shoot in Northern Nevada outside of Lovelock on BLM land. It was called the Area 53 shoot. There had been an Area 52 Shoot prior, but it never repeated I believe. It was in a different area.

Ours turned out to be a one time event tho. There were only about 25 people that attended. Most were from the Bay area and then there were a few hearty souls that made the trip from S. Cal. There were a couple of guys from the L.A. area whose names escape me. I rented a trailer and my son and nephew accompanied me on the 1300 mile round trip. My nephew drove his truck towing a rail dune buggy.

Someone brought up 11lbs. of Tannerite and some green glow sticks. There was an abandoned old Chevy Cheyenne truck sans chassis. One of the guys had a Ford F250 4x4. He attached a tow strap to it and tried towing it to the target area we had set up. The springs dug in so strategy changed. It was tipped on its side and with a tow strap on each side of it held by those there, it was successfully towed. I wish I had a movie camera.

The Tannerite was placed on the truck in various places. When it blew, parts of the truck went airborne. At nighttime, glow sticks were placed by the Tannerite and watching the glow sticks go airborne with the pieces of the truck was a sight to see.

It was fun (even tho the trailer got a flat just as we parked it upon arrival. El Monte RV doesn't provide a spare or jack we discovered. No phone service. Fun time. The BLM Ranger who showed up was cool and watched us shoot for awhile, then left telling us to have fun.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:20 PM
CGSSA Associate

The hardware store near me has more guns than most CA stores and sells Tannerite.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-12-2019, 11:01 AM

www.mgshooters.com
Old 03-16-2019, 8:43 PM

Heading out to the spot first weekend of April for some guns and camping. Need to test some new targets out. Fellow Calgunners are welcome to join in

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2019, 5:24 PM

I believe the decision has already been made for a November event, OG location, right? That's fine.

I just cannot take the cold wind any longer with the med. conditions I have. I certainly don't relish camping in the blazing heat of summer, but for me, I've gone out on day trips to BLM land in the late hottest summer and we had fun.

Now, in saying all that, I'd entertain a AZ or NV trip if it wasn't more than a 6 hour drive from SoCal. That's just me.
Also, makes for a good opportunity for a stop off at a local gun shop/show(be willing to drive further for a SSZS on a good gun show weekend in NV/AZ), just to look around you know, bring back memories of 1990's Orange County or L.A. County fairground gun shows ya know.

Lastly, if the next official SSZS is being planned for November, Why don't we do the next one 6 mo. later, like in May, when temps and wind should be less?
I'd love to plan for a May 2019 event, you know what I mean?, hint, hint! lol.

But it is what it is. I'f all I have is next November, so be it.....more time to prep doesn't bother me.

Probably going to plan a camp/shoot trip of my own with the kids up in the usual spot for this late May/early June.

Well, that's my 2˘, thanks for listening.
Old 03-23-2019, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willstang View Post
Heading out to the spot first weekend of April for some guns and camping. Need to test some new targets out. Fellow Calgunners are welcome to join in

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
Oh man. This is pretty short notice for me as I just saw this, but I just might swing it by the wife and see if this last minute plan passes or gets shot down.

We've already got plans for next weekend and the last two weekends of April also.

I'm just down the road from you in Riverside, might caravan it.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:08 AM
CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoForever View Post
The hardware store near me has more guns than most CA stores and sells Tannerite.
So?.

Are you still in CA fighting or just a deserter?.

Lonewolf.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton
Old 04-09-2019, 12:39 AM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlonewolf View Post
So?.

Are you still in CA fighting or just a deserter?.

Lonewolf.
After sinking well over $125,000 into two businesses, training and research those plans were regulated into dust with new laws in CA. I'm still fighting for CA and now NV as you have seen when I stepped up for gunmageddon, almost snuffing my main business. I'll still fight as long as I'm physically able however my days have become severely limited due to serious injuries. Had I stayed in CA... Let's just say it would have been all bad.

So, the original intent of this thread is in no way to brag, boast or "rub it in" however to get people together where they can take their toys, hobbies and passion and run free. Hell, maybe spark a passion in more people to step up to the plate and not answer "I don't want to get involved" when asked for a simple signature to help preserve our rights from the real traitors.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by IntoForever; 04-09-2019 at 12:44 AM..
Old 04-09-2019, 10:10 AM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
I think several factors come in...from logistics to planning to location to travel to scouting...

If I lived closer to Nevada I'd scout and secure a spot, but it's a BIG time investment to find a place and set it up, and it's a full days driving round trip for me to get to NV. lonewolf runs a really really good program and has it very well dialed in where it's at, but doing similar at a significantly further away location likely wouldn't be feasible.
There's two places near me (hwy 15 past Las Vegas) that would be great to shoot. First is 5 minutes from my house and has several bays to shoot and a wide open area to open up. I think the steel plates vary up to 1000 yards. Second is 10 minutes away and a wash with high walls on one side. If you turn sideways you can open up to 1300 yards. This is 3 hours from the off ramp to get to SSZS. I see all the issues with this idea, including additional hours of driving, organizing and seeing what works with however many people show up. I'm also not intending on undercutting the SSZS as it's a great event with many great people! It's too late to do it this year as it will be 87 today and any later it hits 118 and stays that way until October.

Again, this is just a curiosity, not trying to irritate anyone.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-09-2019, 10:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

My two cents would be a separate shoot in LV for those hard core shooters who would travel for a good time. Make it an event, post it up here and gauge interest. L

Is the first location you mention the Clark County Shooting Complex? I'd love to have a CG group event there. That's the best range I've ever been to (I've been there a lot).

As long as there is camping and it isn't during the summer, I'd be cool with a separate event in Vegas. The cigars and cocktails at night alone would make for an epic event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osier77 View Post
If I ever build a tractor pull truck I'm naming it "Hobo Peen"
Old 04-11-2019, 8:47 AM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bako88fan View Post
My two cents would be a separate shoot in LV for those hard core shooters who would travel for a good time. Make it an event, post it up here and gauge interest. L

Is the first location you mention the Clark County Shooting Complex? I'd love to have a CG group event there. That's the best range I've ever been to (I've been there a lot).

As long as there is camping and it isn't during the summer, I'd be cool with a separate event in Vegas. The cigars and cocktails at night alone would make for an epic event.
I'm liking the idea of a separate event better, leave the SSZS alone.
It's not the shooting complex, just a couple of areas on BLM land.
Too late for now, summer is almost here and by the time anything can be planned it'll be 100 and nope degrees. The first place has abandoned buildings that are interesting to look at and plenty of places to shoot safely.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-12-2019, 6:54 AM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

I'd love to do a big out of state event. Time and distance is rough for me though.

Also, I haven't caught up on the magazine stuff yet so I could be wrong, but transport of LCM's out of state and back in is a question, right? F CA, but...I wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble for that ridiculous piece of legislation.
Old 04-12-2019, 7:05 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Dont forget, california law now prohibits the return of standard capacity magazines to the state if they are removed.

Be careful out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Didn't realize. I try not to be political.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX