Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-04-2018, 12:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3 View Post
Well, this looks genuine.

Phil
Oh it's a real story.. just that Rolling Stone, in typical leftist fashion, contorts that story to fit their agenda and gin up web clicks.

It's a dirt bag publication for dirt bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony270 View Post
It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA
Old 08-04-2018, 12:35 PM

Default Reduce Salaries

Firstly, cut back some top-level paychecks.

For a start, I'm sure La Pierre can give up his $1,000,000 plus total compensation and live on a "mere" $200,000 a year until finances improve.

$200k per year is more than 93% of Americans earn in a single job.

Show the world his dedication to supporting Gun freedom in America - just live like 93% of the country for a few years ...
Old 08-04-2018, 12:57 PM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Location: 805, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Old 08-04-2018, 2:00 PM
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Win win for NRA. If it's fake news, many will believe otherwise and contribute. If it's real, the same outcome applies.
Quote:
Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.
-Milton Friedman

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic164573_1.gif
Old 08-04-2018, 4:33 PM

The amount of fundraising lit. To my address is in no way inductive of a group in trouble.
Old 08-07-2018, 5:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmas View Post

For a start, I'm sure La Pierre can give up his $1,000,000 plus total compensation and live on a "mere" $200,000 a year until finances improve.

Show the world his dedication to supporting Gun freedom in America - just live like 93% of the country for a few years ...
Wayne LaPierre has been a successful,brave,courageous CEO who has taken the NRA to record levels!
If anything he is under paid !
We have lots of money and will have lots more after we win against Cuomo and his NewYork Pervert s!
Old 08-07-2018, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
Win win for NRA. If it's fake news, many will believe otherwise and contribute. If it's real, the same outcome applies.

just sent more $'s to the NRA..... if only I was a billionaire....lol
Old 08-07-2018, 6:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I just watched Tim and Jason’s livestream (the guys from Military Arms Channel). I guess this really is true that the NRA is in financial trouble... Tim heard from someone on the board.

I gotta admit, the NRA really made me mad with the bump stock thing, then there’s Chris Cox supporting the red flag laws, and Marion Hammer in Florida who calls people like Tim the enemy from within. Why? Because he doesn’t want to compromise?

I know some of you think he’s dramatic, but I like his “no compromise” attitude.

I don’t want to see the NRA go down. I want to see the NRA made up of people with Tim’s stance on gun laws.
Old 08-11-2018, 8:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogrunner View Post
Who in hell reads that doper leftest rag!!!
Doper leftists like Doheny
Old 08-15-2018, 6:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!

The NRA knows how to win and that is exactly why Cuomo and the entire Democratic Party want it destroyed !
I’ve never seen the military arms channel,but suspect it’s more big media mind control garbage!
I suggest gun culture folks cancel all pay TV until the big democrat networks treat our President fairly.

Honestly folks how many more Sloppy Daniels type headline grabbing liars can they parade before us on an almost hourly basis?

A really nice viewing experience is our very own NRANEWS.com
Old 08-15-2018, 5:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmas View Post

I wouldn't apply that sort of logic to a heart surgeon or an airplane pilot. I don't think I'd want my optometrist (if I had one) to be underpaid or even my home inspector. Should I have to take a lawyer on the cheap too - after all it's only jail time, right? So, as an NRA member (are you?) I'm not sure why I'd want the folks working on behalf of me and my rights to be low rent.
Old 08-16-2018, 8:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
I wouldn't apply that sort of logic to a heart surgeon or an airplane pilot. I don't think I'd want my optometrist (if I had one) to be underpaid or even my home inspector. Should I have to take a lawyer on the cheap too - after all it's only jail time, right? So, as an NRA member (are you?) I'm not sure why I'd want the folks working on behalf of me and my rights to be low rent.
Agree. This whole notion of 'economic equality' or whatever is being promulgated; I don't get how people can think it makes any sense.

Get your patio done by the lowest bidder. Your lobbying might be worth a little more.
Old 08-16-2018, 8:57 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
I’ve never seen the military arms channel,but suspect it’s more big media mind control garbage!
It is literally the exact opposite of that.

It’s two guys, 100% viewer funded on Patreon since YouTube demonetized gun/political channels. They do not accept products from companies for free (at most they get dealer pricing since Tim has a store, Copper Customs). He doesn’t take free products since it could bias his reviews.
Old 08-16-2018, 9:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Seems like the NRA stands a chance in this law suit.

Seems to me that New York CANNOT legally fine insurers for insuring NRA....

Where's NEW York's legal ground here? It IS blacklisting...

"At a time when Washington has completely abdicated its responsibility to protect the American people, states must lead," Cuomo said. "I am calling on states across the country to join New York to outlaw this absurd program that insures intentional criminal conduct."

Back in April, Cuomo ordered the state Department of Financial Services, which regulates all banks and insurance companies doing business in New York, to urge those companies to reconsider its ties to the NRA. The DFS complied with an industry memo that cited a public and corporate backlash against the NRA following the Feb. 14 massacre at a high school in Parkland, Florida ─ essentially telling them to join the backlash.

Then the DFS went after companies that did business with the NRA, fining Lockton Companies and Chubb for underwriting the NRA’s “Carry Guard” insurance, which the agency said unlawfully covered gun owners’ “acts of intentional wrongdoing.” (The NRA says the program covers members’ expenses “arising out of the lawful self-defense use of a legally possessed firearm.”)

AND Cuomo is pushing other states to do the same if the NRA looks elsewhere...

How is this NOT wrongdoing on the part of Cuomo and NYC instead of the NRA?
Old 08-16-2018, 10:52 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

I will chalk up the story as FUD.

On the other hand, it is mildly irritating that the unending junk mail I received from the NRA to upgrade my yearly membership to life membership turned into unending junk mail to upgrade my life membership to "Exalted Endowment Patron**" membership immediately.

Maybe with two or three more membership upgrades I will get the red fez and be taught the secret handshake.

The NRA could probably also save a few bucks by getting rid of the crappy made in China ball cap which I discarded immediately. I DO like the NRA stickers, but in So Cal it isn't worth inviting ignorant cowardly vandalism to my vehicle by displaying them.

I like the "American Rifleman" magazine OK. Sometimes I receive the "American Hunter" magazine, which I discard without opening. I'm not against all forms of hunting per se, but I am not interested in seeing your full color "Check out this dumb animal I just killed for its horns and pelt" photos.

**OR whatever it's called..
Old 08-16-2018, 11:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

^^You mean the hats that are lined with sandpaper?

Actually, that’s not a bad idea for a way to repurpose those hats. I’d say it’s about 120 grit...
Old 08-16-2018, 10:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
I will chalk up the story as FUD.

On the other hand, it is mildly irritating that the unending junk mail I received from the NRA to upgrade my yearly membership to life membership turned into unending junk mail to upgrade my life membership to "Exalted Endowment Patron**" membership immediately.

Maybe with two or three more membership upgrades I will get the red fez and be taught the secret handshake.

The NRA could probably also save a few bucks by getting rid of the crappy made in China ball cap which I discarded immediately. I DO like the NRA stickers, but in So Cal it isn't worth inviting ignorant cowardly vandalism to my vehicle by displaying them.

I like the "American Rifleman" magazine OK. Sometimes I receive the "American Hunter" magazine, which I discard without opening. I'm not against all forms of hunting per se, but I am not interested in seeing your full color "Check out this dumb animal I just killed for its horns and pelt" photos.

**OR whatever it's called..
Its fun to upgrade member level at the annual NRA convention! See you in Indianapolis next year !
We are both going to be Patron members at the next convention!

Concerning killing the animal for horns and pelt there is a logical and good reason to take the biggest (oldest) animal available.

Last edited by ja308; 08-16-2018 at 10:42 PM..
Old 09-13-2018, 11:30 AM

Just called and gave the NRA some money they a'int doing bad, but they can always use more- the better to fight the brain dead Neo-Bolshevik useless idiots.
Old 09-14-2018, 7:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Rolling Stone is in deep financial trouble like the rest of the print media.
Old 10-05-2018, 5:43 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankarian View Post
Doper leftists like Doheny
Well. Rolling Stone is called the stoner's bible, so .......
* Augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
* Rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government