Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 05-03-2020, 9:43 PM

Default El Dorado County Sheriff extends CCW expiration dates and OK's masks

http://pio.edso.org/press-release/2854/

"On Thursday, April 30, El Dorado County Sheriff John D’Agostini implemented emergency CCW extensions for permits expiring in 2020. Permits set to expire before October 31 will have their validity extended to October 31, 2020. These extensions are only valid in El Dorado County and may not be recognized by other law enforcement jurisdictions."

And:
"The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office says that CCW Permit holders using facial coverings due to the COVID-19 pandemic, while legally carrying their weapon, will not be in violation of Penal Code 25300(a)."
Old 05-04-2020, 10:41 AM

One of the best pro CCW Sheriff in California. I like his response about gun stores also.

[I]However Craig Deluz, who works for the Firearms Policy Coalition, said the missed deadline will force other ammunition stores to close. To his knowledge, none of the roughly 230 ammunition stores that applied for licenses have been issued them.

“Unless the California Department of Justice basically says we’re not going to enforce the law, they really don’t have a choice,” Deluz said.

One person who won’t be enforcing the law is the El Dorado County sheriff, who doesn’t believe store owners should have to pay for the state’s tardiness.

“That’s unacceptable, that’s harm to them, I can’t enforce it, nor will I allow the state to come in and enforce it when it’s unenforceable at this time,” Sheriff John D'agostini said.

Puehse’s reasoning is more personal -- he can’t afford to close.

“I have a family to feed, I have a mortgage to pay, I got a lease on my store, I got to stay in business,” Puehse said.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:36 PM

[QUOTE=Mopar Guy;24225393]One of the best pro CCW Sheriff in California. I like his response about gun stores also.

I wholeheartedly concur.