Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Calguns Disaster Info/Assistance
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Disaster Info/Assistance Calgunners Helping Calgunners

Old 02-25-2023, 7:12 AM

Default Anyone near the Lucerne CA area?

I have family in Lucerne with parents in their mid 70’s no power since yesterday and have had no contact with anyone up there, is there anyone in the area with a power outage update? Really worried for them.
Old 02-25-2023, 8:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Lucerne is on the other side of the lake from me. I am at 1700' and this snow was way worse than 2011 which was pretty bad. The trees here just aren't up to it.

Probably the best you can do is put the address in the PGE outage site and monitor: https://pgealerts.alerts.pge.com/outagecenter/

My power went out around 3AM Friday and it was listed as restoration unknown for a while, then March 2, and as of this AM Feb. 27. I don't think they know yet. Tons of people in the county have no power and for a time all roads in and out were closed. 29 over MSH is supposed to be closed until Monday afternoon due to downed trees and lines.

I would also suggest the Facebook Lake County scanner groups, there are several you can find easily by searching. If you're able to filter the nonsense that is a good way to get real time local reports, where crews are working, whose power is getting restored right now, etc.

I would love to check on them for you but I can't get out of my property until the snow melts more.
Old 02-25-2023, 8:38 AM

Thank you very much I really appreciate it
Old 02-25-2023, 9:55 AM

If you hear any updates can you please inform me thank you!
Old 02-25-2023, 12:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Around 12:15 some Lucerne residents were saying on the FB community/scanner pages that their power was just restored. No one said exactly where, no doubt the damage at lake level was much less than in the hills.Good luck!