Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns Expatriates
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Expatriates For members who have left California but remain Calgunners

Old 10-21-2022, 10:28 AM

Default N Idaho recommended candidates

For the Nov 8th general election. I received the Republican flyer and have 2 issues right away. Bela Kovacs-nay. SJR 102-nay.

Anyone looked this over yet and have your own thoughts on recommended candidates?

What about SJR 102?

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli"
Old 10-21-2022, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR View Post
For the Nov 8th general election. I received the Republican flyer and have 2 issues right away. Bela Kovacs-nay. SJR 102-nay.

Anyone looked this over yet and have your own thoughts on recommended candidates?

What about SJR 102?
SJR 102
Here is a little write up about it. https://kootenaidemocrats.org/senate...allot-measure/

I gather the Dems don't want it because of the Repub super majority but I am leaning NO on it as well because I don't trust our so called Rebuplicans any longer. I'm seeing way to much RIHNO for my tastes and see small bits of them turning more and more dem.

Regardless, my default position is to limit the powers of government at every step possible, I don't care who is "in charge".

Kovacs can pound sand. He is the reason our county assesors office is in so much disarray. He needs not be anywhere near my counties taxing authority. KCRCC, in my humble opinion is a wolf in sheeps clothing and is directly responsible for him being elected in the primaries.

https://bobscottforassessor.com/

You need to keep a weather eye on so called republicans here and the commites that call themselves such, they will sell you down the river for a dollar before you even sipped your coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerman View Post
...He comes out while I'm at work to **** the wife..I shall name him Sancho.
Old 10-21-2022, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strakill View Post
SJR 102
Here is a little write up about it. https://kootenaidemocrats.org/senate...allot-measure/

I gather the Dems don't want it because of the Repub super majority but I am leaning NO on it as well because I don't trust our so called Rebuplicans any longer. I'm seeing way to much RIHNO for my tastes and see small bits of them turning more and more dem.

Regardless, my default position is to limit the powers of government at every step possible, I don't care who is "in charge".

Kovacs can pound sand. He is the reason our county assesors office is in so much disarray. He needs not be anywhere near my counties taxing authority. KCRCC, in my humble opinion is a wolf in sheeps clothing and is directly responsible for him being elected in the primaries.

https://bobscottforassessor.com/

You need to keep a weather eye on so called republicans here and the commites that call themselves such, they will sell you down the river for a dollar before you even sipped your coffee.
Yes I will write in Scott. And, I don’t want any amendments to state constitution.

If you have any direct issues with the other candidates please post up.

Old 10-21-2022, 8:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

What about SJR 102?
I got it in the mail yesterday but had not looked at it. Bela Kovacs is a Big NO in my book. On the other hand the Commissioners cut his pay to the point he may leave even if elected. The big issue is that I have not seen a push for a write in candidate that I had hoped for. The recommendation for Kovacs also makes me question the rest of their recommendations. I also received a mailer that has different recommendations for NIC trustees. Unfortunately it does not name the purported extremist board members so who knows what to believe. With respect to SJR 102, I think there is more going on and would like to know what it is.

So far how do you like your new home and Hayden?
Old 10-21-2022, 8:57 PM

I should note that I have not received any voter guides since I have moved here. I have to search it out and sit and read about these things on my own.

My neighbor and a customer are both on the Timberlake Fire District Commision so I get some information through them because their jobs have to intersect with other county offices.

The bonus on that is I get to hear what they actually think of some of these people and why. It's like listining to trash talking on a construction site about other companies I have to do work for. Fun stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerman View Post
...He comes out while I'm at work to **** the wife..I shall name him Sancho.
Old 10-22-2022, 9:38 AM

Elaine Price, Ben Toews, Bob Scott, Ammon Bundy, no on any and all bond requests, KCRCC is questionable after some of their endorsements. Note that Brad Little declared a state of emergency very early in the scamdemic, got much Federal relief funds, maintains oversight of much of that money, and as a result, Idaho is now beholden to any and all Federal rules and requirements conditionally attached to the funds. For all the "freedom" talk thrown around, we hot sold down the river to the feds in this state at all levels of government here.

"Slavery is the most profitable business in human history. This explains why your current overseers across the world want a GREAT RESET. ?You will own nothing' conversely means 'they will own everything, including you.? -Jason Powers
Old 10-23-2022, 4:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
I got it in the mail yesterday but had not looked at it. Bela Kovacs is a Big NO in my book. On the other hand the Commissioners cut his pay to the point he may leave even if elected. The big issue is that I have not seen a push for a write in candidate that I had hoped for. The recommendation for Kovacs also makes me question the rest of their recommendations. I also received a mailer that has different recommendations for NIC trustees. Unfortunately it does not name the purported extremist board members so who knows what to believe. With respect to SJR 102, I think there is more going on and would like to know what it is.

So far how do you like your new home and Hayden?
For now, Kovacs has to live off $45k a year lol. He’s a chump and needs to go.

The new home is great and most of the neighbors are as well. We’ve made lots of friends and usually have outings a few times weekly. I’ve weeded out the bipolar ones
Joined the Fernan range and use it a lot. We are attending the enhanced CCW class there next Saturday so we can carry into Spokane.

I feel safe here in Hayden with 16 rounds of G9 rounds on my hip
The move here was one of our best decisions ever.

Old 10-23-2022, 7:14 AM

Have you been hunting in Idaho yet? Even if you don’t harvest the views are spectacular!! Game is abundant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleCuss View Post
I despise Trump.
Old 10-23-2022, 1:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
For now, Kovacs has to live off $45k a year lol. He’s a chump and needs to go.

The new home is great and most of the neighbors are as well. We’ve made lots of friends and usually have outings a few times weekly. I’ve weeded out the bipolar ones
Joined the Fernan range and use it a lot. We are attending the enhanced CCW class there next Saturday so we can carry into Spokane.

I feel safe here in Hayden with 16 rounds of G9 rounds on my hip
The move here was one of our best decisions ever.
Actually, it is very easy to get a WA permit from the Spokane PD. Just the application, the fee and a set of prints. Would probable be quicker than waiting for the ISP to complete your background check. Of course the enhanced Idaho gets a lot more than WA. No NICS checks and good in about 40 states, although many of them are permitless carry like Idaho.
Old 10-24-2022, 8:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinjason233 View Post
Have you been hunting in Idaho yet? Even if you don’t harvest the views are spectacular!! Game is abundant.
Haven’t been hunting, yet.

My buddy harvested the largest buck I’ve ever seen on his elk hunt in Riggins last week. Amazing.
He made a cow call, the male called back, then he made a male call and it charged him.
One shot and it was over. I have the pics of it I’ll post them later.

Old 10-24-2022, 8:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
Actually, it is very easy to get a WA permit from the Spokane PD. Just the application, the fee and a set of prints. Would probable be quicker than waiting for the ISP to complete your background check. Of course the enhanced Idaho gets a lot more than WA. No NICS checks and good in about 40 states, although many of them are permitless carry like Idaho.
Thanks I did not know that. I just renewed my AZ permit which covers a lot of the states but not WA.

I’ll let AZ expire with the Idaho enhanced unless something changes.

Old 10-26-2022, 4:01 AM
Calguns Addict

The enhanced Idaho also negates the safe schools act so you can carry in or around schools I believe

Old 10-26-2022, 7:42 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertjosh View Post
The enhanced Idaho also negates the safe schools act so you can carry in or around schools I believe
Yes, but only in Idaho. You need a permit from the state where the school zone is located to be exempt. That is why I also have a WA permit because my ID and UT permits do not exempt me in WA school zones under federal law. This needs to be changed to not only included permits issued by the state in question but permits recognized by that state. We need to get our ID congressmen to sponsor such a change for the benefit of Idahoans with an enhanced permit.