Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 08-13-2018, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaman View Post
There’s a really good audio post on YouTube about this. Barnes really clears up what happened. Barnes is very pro CCW.

I just don’t have the time to find it right now, But it’s from some radio station in San Diego.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is a link to the video that you may be talking about. Barnes starts talking about this at about 3:54. Essentially, he says that was what he thought 5 years ago, that more guns means Orange County will be less safe, but that after the Peruta panel decision came down OCSD went shall issue and after doing so he learned that he had been wrong. That he realizes that he was wrong about an increase in permits making the county more dangerous is shown by the fact that OCSD did not recall permits after en banc decision in Peruta and the fact that OCSD continues to issue permits at the increased rate.

I still don't entirely trust Barnes, but unless something very substantial comes out he will get my vote. For now he is definitely the lesser of two evils.
Old 08-13-2018, 1:50 PM

I just donated to Barnes - in the comments I specifically mentioned CCW's and how important they are to public safety.
------------------------------------
"Why does anyone need an AR-15?
You mean you don't know? So what kind of reporter are you? It's easy! It's a great friggen gun!" - Alan Korwin, 2015
Old 08-13-2018, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy65 View Post
Here is a link to the video that you may be talking about. Barnes starts talking about this at about 3:54. Essentially, he says that was what he thought 5 years ago, that more guns means Orange County will be less safe, but that after the Peruta panel decision came down OCSD went shall issue and after doing so he learned that he had been wrong. That he realizes that he was wrong about an increase in permits making the county more dangerous is shown by the fact that OCSD did not recall permits after en banc decision in Peruta and the fact that OCSD continues to issue permits at the increased rate.

I still don't entirely trust Barnes, but unless something very substantial comes out he will get my vote. For now he is definitely the lesser of two evils.

Thanks Chewy!

Old 08-15-2018, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy65 View Post

Thanks for seeing them the way that I do. We just got to choose which one is less evil. Remember Mike Carona? Worst evil.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:49 AM

Submitted renewal today, will update on timeline as it advances.
You mean you don't know? So what kind of reporter are you? It's easy! It's a great friggen gun!" - Alan Korwin, 2015
Old 08-22-2018, 10:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Submitted an Ammendment to Add a Gun on Monday. Received approval less than 24 hours later. Amazing. Now to find time to go pick it up!!
Old 08-24-2018, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15fan View Post
Submitted an Ammendment to Add a Gun on Monday. Received approval less than 24 hours later. Amazing. Now to find time to go pick it up!!
Do you mean to add another gun more than 3 guns? Did you have to spend time and money at the shooting class to qualify for the 4th gun?
Old 08-24-2018, 5:45 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishooter View Post
Do you mean to add another gun more than 3 guns? Did you have to spend time and money at the shooting class to qualify for the 4th gun?

Yes and yes.
Old 10-08-2018, 2:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyBarge View Post
Submitted renewal today, will update on timeline as it advances.
Approval email, text, and phone call came in today. Told to pick up my 2nd renewal (3rd permit) the same week it expires. Took just a hair over 2 months.
Old 10-08-2018, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyBarge View Post
Approval email, text, and phone call came in today. Told to pick up my 2nd renewal (3rd permit) the same week it expires. Took just a hair over 2 months.

Nice!

Old 10-17-2018, 7:44 PM

Greetings all-

Going through my 2nd renewal process and religiously followed the directions on OCSD’s separate website about 3 weeks ago. Received an email from the Deputy assigned to process my file and was asked for additional information I don’t recall ever mentioned on Calguns, or if I have missed it.

They asked me to provide a copy of the following:

Work ID
Paycheck Stub
Copy of passport

Anyone else have to go thru this process of providing additional information? I did not recall having to produce these documents the last two times?

Anyway, just curious......
Old 10-17-2018, 7:58 PM

I’m not sure why they would ask for a passport (I don’t know your situation).

But work ID and paystub are somewhat standard.

Old 10-17-2018, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch20brain View Post
Greetings all-

Going through my 2nd renewal process and religiously followed the directions on OCSD’s separate website about 3 weeks ago. Received an email from the Deputy assigned to process my file and was asked for additional information I don’t recall ever mentioned on Calguns, or if I have missed it.

Work ID
Paycheck Stub
Copy of passport

Anyone else have to go thru this process of providing additional information? I did not recall having to produce these documents the last two times?

Same o Same o. All depends who's processing your paperwork.
Old 10-17-2018, 8:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Greetings all-

Work ID
Paycheck Stub
Copy of passport

Ummm...a return "WTF" (calm it down) is appropriate. If you didn't need them before, it's reasonable to ask why they need the info now.
Old 10-18-2018, 9:47 AM

Quote:
Greetings all-

Work ID
Paycheck Stub
Copy of passport

They asked me for paystub at my last renewal even though I had a letter from employer (CCW is employment related). No big deal, just give them what they ask for and move on. Who cares as long as they issue it. They aren’t asking for a blood sample. Oh and I had renewed 7 previous times without them asking for anything extra. 8th renewal, asked for paystubs. Approved the day I sent it.

Last edited by SoCalPI; 10-18-2018 at 9:49 AM..
Old 10-19-2018, 9:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Ummm...a return "WTF" (calm it down) is appropriate. If you didn't need them before, it's reasonable to ask why they need the info now.
Ridiculous. If they're asking for information there's a reason. My recommendation is to not question their process as an applicant. JMHO

A passport is another verification of who you are. Work verification is standard - they want to know where you live and work. Period.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:55 AM

Is it possible the passport request has to do with the Real ID issue? I've heard some FFLs are now asking for Real ID drivers licenses, maybe as a CYA thing.

Regarding the reason why, I don't see any harm in asking.
Old 10-19-2018, 2:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Ridiculous. If they're asking for information there's a reason. My recommendation is to not question their process as an applicant. JMHO

A passport is another verification of who you are. Work verification is standard - they want to know where you live and work. Period.
Ridiculous is an excellent term...he's on his second renewal...they identified him for issuance and renewal, and now they need more? He certainly has a right to ask.

No need to question, just show them your papers and jump through any other hoops demanded.

With outlooks like this, I fully understand this state. The progressives aren't taking our rights, we're surrendering them.
Old 10-19-2018, 2:40 PM
Veteran Member

I am up for renewal again in April. At the time I renewed I was told to ignore the renewal period and submit at least 6 months in advance.

Has that changed, is it still taking 6 months to process renewal applications?
Old 10-19-2018, 2:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks View Post
I am up for renewal again in April. At the time I renewed I was told to ignore the renewal period and submit at least 6 months in advance.

Has that changed, is it still taking 6 months to process renewal applications?
It's was down to three months a few months ago.
Old 10-19-2018, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
From start to finish I was 2 months, and they are letting me pick it up any day in my expiration month. So while I could technically pick up early, they aren't making me miss any of my current permit.
Old 10-22-2018, 8:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Ridiculous is an excellent term...he's on his second renewal...they identified him for issuance and renewal, and now they need more? He certainly has a right to ask.

No need to question, just show them your papers and jump through any other hoops demanded.

With outlooks like this, I fully understand this state. The progressives aren't taking our rights, we're surrendering them.
Asking for a passport isn't taking our rights. And then you jump at the progressives. Geesh.

Chill man. You'll live.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:01 AM

It looks like OCSD is allowing unlimited handguns on the permit. Anyway, on a side note, if you want to keep CCW permit, then vote for Don Barnes. He's the one who's currently behind the CCW scene.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:20 AM

You just have to qualify with each one you want on your permit. They've also made that process easier as well, less rounds, but you do have to prove you can shoot it accurately.
Old 11-08-2018, 7:03 AM

Folks that have renewed, did you just resubmit your original good cause statement or is an updated one required (assuming you don't have anything highly relevant to add)?
Old 11-08-2018, 9:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmer9 View Post
Folks that have renewed, did you just resubmit your original good cause statement or is an updated one required (assuming you don't have anything highly relevant to add)?
I notated on my app that my statement had not changed, did not send a new one. That was a year ago. They asked for current proof of employment which I submitted.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
I notated on my app that my statement had not changed, did not send a new one. That was a year ago. They asked for current proof of employment which I submitted.
Browneye,
Just to clarify, did you restate your previous statement of cause, or just put something like “same reasons when last applied” on your application?
Old 11-08-2018, 11:53 AM

I just renewed earlier this year and found the new application system was entirely online whereas the last time I renewed was scanned and emailed..

due to the changes on their end, I would recommend submitting everything through the online app..

if your statement hasn't changed, maybe add a brief comment to that effect on the top, but still include the full statement..

they're not likely to be thumbing through all of the old docs as much as verifying the content you're submitting now..

and even things that have not changed, still need to be refreshed with current dates whether status changed or not..

I know this because I left some things out initially on this last renewal and a detective called me to explain

good luck!

Old 11-09-2018, 9:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPI View Post
Browneye,
Just to clarify, did you restate your previous statement of cause, or just put something like “same reasons when last applied” on your application?
IIRC, I just notated that my GCS had not changed. I don't remember if it was all online then or if I emailed docs. I'm pretty sure of the latter.

In any case, KillerBee has the right idea - and they'll contact you if they need any clarification. It's not like the DMV thank dog.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Correct, I was just on the website and it clearly states not to submit a renewal more than 90 days prior to expiration.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:49 AM

Picking up my 3rd permit today.

So far I've been here for about 1 minute, should take 1 more minute.

They are DIALED IN these days.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:01 PM

Ok. Who hired the staff here. Just saying. Cute. Ally or Amy is a head turner. Alena also.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:10 PM

Updates:

New permit is laminayed - no more easily scratches!

Unlimited weapons allowed.