Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 01-05-2017, 6:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

My initial interview is coming up and I have a concern on one of the questionnaire from the application.

The question is;

Have you ever been arrested, detained, or questioned by the police as an adult or juvenile?

And before you comment below, I am 36 years old and have served the Navy for 10 years and was Honorably discharged. I also had my secret security clearance during the time I was serving. I have been detained when I was 16 years old due to a dare to steal some cd's at bestbuy. Ofcourse I was caught on the way out and the local PD showed up and I was detained for a about no more than an hour. My case has been closed and been sealed since then. My question here is that, do I have to fill out and say "Yes" on the application questionnaire and explain what happened then or mark "No" on the application?
Old 01-05-2017, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydt2dagrnd View Post
My initial interview is coming up and I have a concern on one of the questionnaire from the application.

The question is;

Have you ever been arrested, detained, or questioned by the police as an adult or juvenile?

And before you comment below, I am 36 years old and have served the Navy for 10 years and was Honorably discharged. I also had my secret security clearance

If you had a secret security clearance and were in the Navy, you should know it is better to tell them than for them to find out on their own (therefore finding out you lied.)

It was when you were 16. Tell the truth. Your investigating deputy will not care given that it was so long ago, and that you were a minor at the time.
Old 01-05-2017, 6:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
If you had a secret security clearance and were in the Navy, you should know it is better to tell them than for them to find out on their own (therefore finding out you lied.)

It was when you were 16. Tell the truth. Your investigating deputy will not care given that it was so long ago, and that you were a minor at the time.
I wasn't sure at first, since its been sealed, my record did not show anything at all. Thank you for your response.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:36 PM

The course and range qual at BCTC was packed today, just under 60 people. If you anticipate taking this course/qual in the future, plan on spending the whole day there (8A-4P), especially if you have several weapons you'd like to qualify with.

FWIW: they may tell you to be there by 7:15A, the class actually starts at 8A.
Old 01-08-2017, 3:35 PM

Could someone answer a question about renewal for me?

I did the interview, class and range day already. Do they make you do another livescan to renew?
Old 01-08-2017, 3:53 PM

No.
Old 01-09-2017, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b335i View Post
The course and range qual at BCTC was packed today, just under 60 people. If you anticipate taking this course/qual in the future, plan on spending the whole day there (8A-4P), especially if you have several weapons you'd like to qualify with.

FWIW: they may tell you to be there by 7:15A, the class actually starts at 8A.
This is why I use FTA at Raahauges. They are much quicker and easier to get it done. Worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher Space Chimp View Post
Where can I get a pair..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPER395 View Post
I like it colored
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidBilly View Post
I became mesmerized by a thick black shaft.
Old 01-10-2017, 2:53 PM

Default CCW Appointment

I had my appointment with Deputy Yezzo yesterday! Great guy! Extremely helpful. They truly want you to obtain your CCW. Doing my training on 2/4 at Ben Clark. Anyone else scheduled for that day?
Old 01-10-2017, 5:06 PM

How do you register to do training st ben clark? I have my appointment om march

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2017, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwayneyl View Post
I had my appointment with Deputy Yezzo yesterday! Great guy! Extremely helpful. They truly want you to obtain your CCW. Doing my training on 2/4 at Ben Clark. Anyone else scheduled for that day?

How much does the training at Ben clark cost?

Old 01-10-2017, 5:52 PM

Ben Clark is $100. Deputy Yezzo was the one who put me on the schedule.
Old 01-10-2017, 6:05 PM

Quote:

The question is;

And before you comment below, I am 36 years old and have served the Navy for 10 years and was Honorably discharged. I also had my secret security clearance during the time I was serving. I have been detained when I was 16 years old due to a dare to steal some cd's at bestbuy. Ofcourse I was caught on the way out and the local PD showed up and I was detained for a about no more than an hour. My case has been closed and been sealed since then. My question here is that, do I have to fill out and say "Yes" on the application questionnaire and explain what happened then or mark "No" on the application?
You were detained? At Best Buy? Unless you were taken to the police station and booked, there is no record.
Old 01-10-2017, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwayneyl View Post
Ben Clark is $100. Deputy Yezzo was the one who put me on the schedule.

How was the interview? If i can ask how focus are they on your good cause

Old 01-10-2017, 6:17 PM

Tell them why you need it, and if it's not illegal, you'll be fine.
Old 01-10-2017, 6:20 PM
Bacon makes it better
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Deputy Aguirre retired. Still only two guys in the unit. Have my renewal appointment this Friday.

Also want to give a recommendation to do the qualifying with Johnnie B Woods, especially if you're in the desert. Good class. Get to go to the Palm Springs gun Club for quals.
Old 01-10-2017, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
Deputy Aguirre retired. Still only two guys in the unit. Have my renewal appointment this Friday.

Also want to give a recommendation to do the qualifying with Johnnie B Woods, especially if you're in the desert. Good class. Get to go to the Palm Springs gun Club for quals.
When did this happen? Had my renewal appointment early Nov with Deputy Aguirre and was looking forward to some future good humored interviews/ conversations
Where he gives me s*** about being the "crusader" and recruiter.
So I wonder if I'll get the new guy or Deputy Yezzo.
Old 01-10-2017, 6:51 PM
Bacon makes it better

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash02 View Post
When did this happen? Had my renewal appointment early Nov with Deputy Aguirre and was looking forward to some future good humored interviews/ conversations
Where he gives me s*** about being the "crusader" and recruiter.
So I wonder if I'll get the new guy or Deputy Yezzo.

Must have happened recently. I had set my appointment with Deputy Aguirre back in October but when I emailed him to confirm they were still at the same place he emailed me that he had retired. I got the new guy. Will report back.
Old 01-10-2017, 7:26 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
Must have happened recently. I had set my appointment with Deputy Aguirre back in October but when I emailed him to confirm they were still at the same place he emailed me that he had retired. I got the new guy. Will report back.
Deputy Aguirre did retire, but will be coming back to the CCW unit as a part-time contractor. They also said they are getting 2 more people for "administrative" reasons. So there will be a total of 5 people pushing files which should help relieve some of the extended waiting, hopefully. At least that's what I was told when I was in for my renewal interview back in mid November.
Hope my new permit is here soon my permit expires on feb 6th.
And I really want to start carrying the new 45
Old 01-10-2017, 7:36 PM
Bacon makes it better

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDNINER View Post
Deputy Aguirre did retire, but will be coming back to the CCW unit as a part-time contractor. They also said they are getting 2 more people for "administrative" reasons. So there will be a total of 5 people pushing files which should help relieve some of the extended waiting, hopefully. At least that's what I was told when I was in for my renewal interview back in mid November.
Hope my new permit is here soon my permit expires on feb 6th.
And I really want to start carrying the new 45
Oh that's good to know. If he is a PERS retiree he will need to have a 6 month break before coming back. My permit expires in March. Hoping it doesn't lapse.
Old 01-10-2017, 9:26 PM

How long is the interview? What do they ask?

Old 01-11-2017, 1:53 AM
Snake..Snake? SNAAAAKKE!!
CGN Contributor

Tagging for later

Originally from Bakersfield, I recently moved to the Coachella Valley a few months ago. Having finally settled into my career and getting through my probationary period and busy holiday season, I can work towards getting the CCW for 2017. I plan to skim this entire thread and lots of good info here. Thanks for sharing this stuff!!!

Old 01-11-2017, 4:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_land View Post

... I can work towards getting the CCW for 2019/20.
Fixed it for you.
Depending on back log with the extra help, appointments as of Nov 2016 were around March of 2019.
You should grab the application online and call to set up your appointment soon.
Old 01-11-2017, 8:48 AM
Veteran Member

Dang I'm at 6 months since live scan as of tomorrow. Was hoping I'd get a call soon. Doesn't sound like that's going to happen soon since they're going through a transition. Sad to hear Aguirre is gone. They are both really nice and surprisingly funny guys. I hope the new guy is as lighthearted.
Old 01-11-2017, 9:04 AM
Snake..Snake? SNAAAAKKE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Fixed it for you.
Depending on back log with the extra help, appointments as of Nov 2016 were around March of 2019.
You should grab the application online and call to set up your appointment soon.
Lol thanks! Didn't think it would be this bad in Riverside. Oh well at least get the ball rolling.

Besides having a solid GC and 3 reference letters, the main concept from what I have read is to make sure my app is thorough in order to streamline the process. I'll take more time this weekend to sift through the advice shared here.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:18 PM

Does being told to do livescan, safety and qual for your guns mean you will receive your license barring any issue's with the livescan report?

Thanks
Old 01-12-2017, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indobos72 View Post
Does being told to do livescan, safety and qual for your guns mean you will receive your license barring any issue's with the livescan report?

Thanks
Not necessarily. But as long as you were honest on your app, and the Deputies at the interview didn't tell you your GC was inadequate, I would bet money that you will get it.

BTW, Livescan results are taking 6+ months to come back. So if you do it today, you are looking at sometime in July or August.
Old 01-12-2017, 3:08 PM
CGN Contributor

Does anyone know how long the renewal takes? My CCW expired on 1/3/17, I called back in May for my renewal interview which was Nov 8,2016 and then took the class and qualified at BCTC 12/3/16 and still nothing from them.

Last edited by AR-Realtor; 01-12-2017 at 6:10 PM..
Old 01-12-2017, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR-Realtor View Post
Does anyone know how long the renewal takes? My CCW expired on 1/3/17, I called back in May for my renewal interview which was Nov 8, 16 and then took the call and qualified at BCTC and still nothing from them.
I expire on the 20th.
Interviewed on nov 9th, Qualified Nov 19th, and hand delivered my certs Nov 21st.
I have not received anything back yet.
Old 01-12-2017, 6:11 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I expire on the 20th.
Interviewed on nov 9th, Qualified Nov 19th, and hand delivered my certs Nov 21st.
I have not received anything back yet.
Ok, so I'm not the only one.
Old 01-12-2017, 6:28 PM
Veteran Member

Has anyone in riverside had a residence check where a deputy or someone from the dept comes and knocks on yours or your neighbors door?
I have nothing to worry about in this regard. I'm just curious as I don't hear it coming up here like in other counties. I'm 6mo to the day on my livescan and just wondering since nobody has been by my house or my neighbors that I'm aware of.
Old 01-12-2017, 7:04 PM
CGN Contributor

I've never heard of them doing it
Old 01-12-2017, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRacer151 View Post
Has anyone in riverside had a residence check where a deputy or someone from the dept comes and knocks on yours or your neighbors door?
Residence checks are not done in Riverside.
Old 01-12-2017, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRacer151 View Post
I have nothing to worry about in this regard. I'm just curious as I don't hear it coming up here like in other counties. I'm 6mo to the day on my livescan and just wondering since nobody has been by my house or my neighbors that I'm aware of.
I wish I could recall the circumstances, but during my interview, I made some reference to the Cal Guns forums and Yezzo made a comment to the effect that people on those forums "will tell you that you don't have to answer certain questions on the application, and that's true...but it means it will take longer and we're going to go talk to your neighbors" (HEAVILY paraphrased).

Don't know for certain, but it sounds like if you refuse to answer certain questions or there are flags raised by your application, neighbor interviews are possible, but not the norm.

I'm in pergatory (fingerprinted, waiting livescan results to be returned) and nobody has knocked on my neighbor's doors.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthem View Post
You were detained? At Best Buy? Unless you were taken to the police station and booked, there is no record.
I wouldn't follow that advice. Just answer the questions honestly, they know people make mistakes, especially in their younger years, but lying on the application might set you back.

Hopefully the added staff will speed up the process for the folks in line!
Old 01-13-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls2monaro View Post
I wouldn't follow that advice. Just answer the questions honestly, they know people make mistakes, especially in their younger years, but lying on the application might set you back.

Hopefully the added staff will speed up the process for the folks in line!
I'm not suggesting he lie. Just that there will not be a record of the contact. For something that trivial, just mark yes, they will ask about it, and jot some notes, and move on. It shouldn't be anything to worry about.
Old 01-13-2017, 5:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

The question is;

"Have you ever been arrested, detained, or questioned by the police as an adult or juvenile?"

... the local PD showed up and I was detained for a about no more than an hour. My case has been closed and been sealed since then. My question here is that, do I have to fill out and say "Yes" on the application questionnaire and explain what happened then or mark "No" on the application?
Say "Yes", because it is the truth.

It's not about what you did back then; it's about what you've done since then.

"My case has been closed and sealed since then", means somewhere in the system there is a record.

The answer is "Yes".
Old 01-17-2017, 12:04 PM

Me and a buddy of mine went for our requal appointments with Yezzo this morning. Found out they moved to trailer #26 down the road a little bit. We both got scheduled for the class/qual on the 4th. He did say requals shoot first, so I hope that's true. Another friend told me there were 75 people in his class. Yezzo was as smooth and professional as always. Found out I was stationed with the new guy on the Connie way back when.
Old 01-17-2017, 7:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

As i type this, i feel it's a dumb question and i already know the answer... But i figure someone here might have the answer rather than call the ccw unit and slow down their process.

For the 3 character reference letters, it says letters from family members are not acceptable. Am i to assume this means immediate family, or extended family? Would a letter from a brother-in-law, cousin, uncle, etc be acceptable?

Has anyone used a letter from an extended family member? Successfully or not?

Thanks
Old 01-17-2017, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnichols View Post
As i type this, i feel it's a dumb question and i already know the answer... But i figure someone here might have the answer rather than call the ccw unit and slow down their process.

For the 3 character reference letters, it says letters from family members are not acceptable. Am i to assume this means immediate family, or extended family? Would a letter from a brother-in-law, cousin, uncle, etc be acceptable?

Has anyone used a letter from an extended family member? Successfully or not?

Thanks
You answered your own question correctly.
Old 01-17-2017, 7:27 PM
Veteran Member

I just set up my renewal... This time I reached out early since I know how swamped they are.