Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns Expatriates
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Expatriates For members who have left California but remain Calgunners

Old 07-17-2021, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapThyCat View Post
You mean it rains and the grass is green most of the year? There is an occasional severe thunderstorm, which means it rains hard. Not a huge deal.
I went to 40 different states, if you like after shower still need want take another shower. Maybe itís good for your, I rather I have Maine weather.
Old 07-18-2021, 7:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

We paid our dues for quite a few years with north Texas humidity.

Tactical is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Old 07-19-2021, 10:01 PM

Thanks for this thread OP. I haven't thought about MO since my last visit there as a teenager in the 80s. After reading up on the MO taxes for retirees, it's looking pretty good on paper.

As for humidity, I know it can suck but I know I can adapt. I used to live in Texas and Florida as well as being stationed on Okinawa for a while, so I have some experience with it. Just not too keen about dealing with rust prevention on a hyper vigilant mode after living in an arid/desert environment like CA.

Oh, I just remembered a now funny moment when I first moved to Florida. I brought all of my clothes, including winter gear that ended up sitting the closet and dressers. When I opened one of them to pack up for a move, I discovered my thick tube socks were covered with mold! Same findings with my other clothes I haven't touched in months.

Remember folks moving to humid areas, vacuum storage bags and desiccant packs are your friends.
Old 07-21-2021, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenax View Post
As for humidity, I know it can suck but I know I can adapt.
Missouri isn't anywhere NEAR as bad as FL or TX. Of course, there's really three distinct areas of Missouri, the north where it's much like Iowa. Anything north of the Missouri river is the north. Then there's the Mississippi River, from St Louis on down, which is, yeah, humid. Lastly there's the Ozarks, which is the south-eastern/south central portion of the state, which is cooler and more hilly. There's an occasional storm in the summer where humidity is worse, but it's honestly not bad. I mean... you have AC for a reason anyway. We don't have mold problems here, not like Florida or the deep south.

Overall, a happy medium. And that's coming from a California native.