Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated > Semiauto Rifles Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Semiauto Rifles Gallery Post pictures of your rifles and carbines here!

Old 05-27-2017, 12:27 AM

Thanks for the compliments guys I love that you guys are enjoying them!

I had thought about designing a spring inside that could be locked with a screw through the bottom, but the cap is already so hard to get off, I thought it was unnecessary.

mshill, unfortunately my only rifle is the Tavor. Plus my wife would kill me if I embarked on another project like this haha.

Per Pappy67's issue with the arrow snapping off, I made the arrow bigger, thicker, and beveled the back of it so the detent pin striking it won't snap it off. I don't think it looks as good though I may be just used to my original design though.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:51 AM

You should seriously consider crowdfunding. You have a quality product and under served market.
Old 06-04-2017, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebaneseblonde View Post
You should seriously consider crowdfunding. You have a quality product and under served market.
It's fun to do and doing that would change it from a hobby into work
Old 06-04-2017, 1:32 AM

So I was able to print out and test the new changes! There's a brace add-on that requires you to drill out the hole to the size you need for your screw+bolt. There's also a new fin with the brace molded in. I've made both versions available in case you don't like the looks of the new one. The add-on brace has been listed at the cost that Shapeways charges to print. I apologize for the inconvenience of having to print another part out.

I also figured out what was wrong with the left handed thumb safeties and I need to enlarge the cutout for the wedge. I didn't give it enough room since the left and right side metal wedges are different. I'm not going to list it until I've fixed it. If you already ordered a left-side thumb safety, please PM me with your address and I will order a bunch to replace the ones you have. Again, I apologize for the oversight

Edit: Shapeways has a 5% off coupon code GREETINGS5

Right-handed

Left-handed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brace02_s.jpg (50.4 KB, 445 views)
File Type: jpg gripbrace03_s.jpg (57.8 KB, 441 views)
File Type: jpg brace01_s.jpg (60.9 KB, 437 views)

Last edited by jdub765; 06-14-2017 at 9:48 PM.. Reason: coupon
Old 06-05-2017, 4:35 PM

I forgot to mention this in the last post, but I was hoping to get some feedback on the thumbrests from those of you using them. The left one that I ordered was much much tighter than the right one. I had to scrape a bit of plastic with a tiny screwdriver to get it on there. I'm trying to figure out if it's a variance in printing, difference in mounting wedges on the gun (they should be the same since the OEM safeties are interchangeable), or if it's a quirk of my own Tavor.

The right side was a bit tight with the original opening, but since we're using it to manipulate the gun, I didn't mind. I ended up having to print about 16 different sizes for the regular safeties I designed since the original was too tight for regular safeties. If the left side one ends up being too tight for several of you, then I'll make it a little bigger.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub765 View Post
HK1904, what muzzle device is that? I like the whole setup, looks sweet. It hides the fact that we have to meet certain OAL requirements.
It's a Lantac Dragon it only worked because I have the 18" barrel or I would fall short of the 30" oal with the 16" barrel
Old 06-06-2017, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK1904 View Post
It's a Lantac Dragon it only worked because I have the 18" barrel or I would fall short of the 30" oal with the 16" barrel
Dang, that setup looks sweet. Thanks for raining on my parade
Old 06-14-2017, 6:10 PM
Veteran Member

I ordered it and tried it out today, works great. I actually like how the upper portion has a bit of flex. I use a kind of brass catcher with the wrap-around straps and the velcro straps fit in between the grip just right. Also tried to highlight the yellow face.

Last edited by kcheung2; 07-08-2022 at 11:27 PM..
Old 06-14-2017, 9:52 PM

Haha that's awesome
Old 06-15-2017, 3:34 PM

Hi guys, I just got the shipment in so I'm going to send the parts out today.

There is one remaining person who bought a left-handed thumbrest that hasn't contacted me. If that's you, please PM me with your the date you ordered it and I'll send you the corrected thumbrest
Old 05-04-2018, 7:26 PM

Pm sent

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2018, 11:53 AM

Just an update, sorry I don't have one for the X95. I don't have an X95 to model it off of, plus I'm supposed to be spending time with my wife
Old 05-11-2018, 2:48 PM

Kinda curious to know if Exile Machine ever got a X95 solution out of the design phase. As someone who has 3 BackFin straps for his SCAR rifles, it seems with interchangeable grips the X95, we should have a few options in the bullpin. (hint, hint)
Old 05-25-2019, 3:47 PM

Default Bought Bunch 'o' your stuff

Hi all, I just purchased the fin, thumbrest and safety from "Shapeways". Couldn't find anyway to order from you directly.
Thanks for your product. Have you ever considered making something for the front of the trigger/hand-guard? I've made one out of Kydex. Reason being-- on other threads it's been discussed that an aggressive prosecuter could make a case for it acting as a front pistol grip They sure do provoke paranoia in their "subject" here in the peeps' republic!!

will post pics when I remember how.

PS Also fabricated my own stock w/ extension to avoid pin/weld of barrel. OAL is 30.75".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Fin.jpg (45.4 KB, 49 views)
Old 08-14-2019, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile Machine View Post
We're working on a 3D printable featureless option for the X95 and will release the design under Creative Commons license once completed. We encourage all compliance parts manufacturers to follow suit.
Hi, does anyone still have the files to 3D print these parts?

Thanks!
Denny