Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 09-19-2021, 8:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danodog View Post
Thank you, and yes. I do have the training certificate.

Dano
Use that and just write in the company/trainer you took your training with.

I remember when I applied, just sent the a copy of the training certificate. Issued about 2 weeks later.

Old 09-20-2021, 7:24 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

i don’t know if this is part of the packet but u also have to get your fingerprints done. u didn’t mention where u took your ccw class. I did mine at Discount gun mart and the instructor had the fingerprint forms/paper application.
Old 09-20-2021, 8:19 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwane1686 View Post
Same for me! They received my application on July 2 and I finally called last Friday and some nice lady went through my background check and cleared it. Supposedly my permit will get printed on Monday, I haven't received anything in the mail yet though.
Here's what I'm not understanding... Are they basically just not processing applications right now, except for when people call them to inquire, at which point they run it instantly?

Has anyone had their app go through recently without having to call them?

It seems so strange, AZ DPS used to be so efficient and fast, and lately it feels like they're only processing the people who call to ask what's taking so long, and kinda just ignoring anyone else who isn't calling.

I'm honestly considering just letting my AZ permit go. Kinda bummed that I sent them a money order for this last renewal, only to get ignored, but oh well. I'll just stick with my CA and UT.
AW Reg. will be reopened Jan. '22 to those who weren't able to register by 7/2018. We don't know what that means for firearms made compliant when reg. failed or if they can or must be converted to AW configuration before registering. There's a moratorium on prosecutions for possession of AWs which were eligible for registration, but AWs acquired after 2016 can still be prosecuted!
Extremely important note: DON'T register anything acquired after 2016!!!

Last edited by CandG; 09-20-2021 at 8:24 AM..
Old 09-20-2021, 6:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblax619 View Post
i don’t know if this is part of the packet but u also have to get your fingerprints done. u didn’t mention where u took your ccw class. I did mine at Discount gun mart and the instructor had the fingerprint forms/paper application.
That is where I took my class! Oh well, I printed the packet and will most likely find the nearest agency to do the fingerprinting for me.
San Diego County Gun Owners Patriot Member
What have you done for 2A lately?

Old 09-20-2021, 7:17 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

If you have a CCW issued by CA, that is all you need. You do not need to send anything else, just a copy of your CCW. No need to send a training cert.

https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/cwp

Quote:
Applicant Instructions

- Determine whether you meet the qualifications to obtain a concealed weapons permit.
- Review the provisions contained in Arizona Revised Statute Title 13, chapters 4 and 31 which are available on the Arizona State Legislature website.

https://www.azleg.gov/viewdocument/?...s/13/03112.htm

Title 13 Chapter 31 section 13-3112 E(6)(d) and N(6)

Quote:
E. The department of public safety shall issue a permit to an applicant who meets all of the following conditions:
6. Has ever demonstrated competence with a firearm as prescribed by subsection N of this section and provides adequate documentation that the person has satisfactorily completed a training program or demonstrated competence with a firearm in any state or political subdivision in the United States. For the purposes of this paragraph, "adequate documentation" means:
(d) An original or a copy of a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or a license as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 6 of this section.

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

6. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 09-20-2021 at 7:54 PM..
Old 09-20-2021, 7:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Tag

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

🇺🇸 ⚔️ 🦅

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 09-20-2021, 8:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danodog View Post
That is where I took my class! Oh well, I printed the packet and will most likely find the nearest agency to do the fingerprinting for me.
just go back there and have kyle do your prints. im pretty sure if u catch him there after a class he can knock them out really quickly. thats when he did mine no charge.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:39 PM

Applied in late May. Didn't receive any communication from AZ. Called in today and was informed the application was received on June 8. Today is 73 business days from the date. Gentleman asked me to wait on the line to clear the background check. Background cleared, was informed the card would be printed out next day.

Lesson? Call them directly. (602) 223-2000
Old 09-21-2021, 12:41 PM

Got my permit yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2021, 12:34 PM

its strange that they seem to be waiting for people to call...