Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 11-28-2023, 3:52 PM

Default Weatherby Mark XXII

Got a scope for my other Weatherby project today..

It has a feel of quality holding it in your hand anyway.. Manual says it has multicoated lenses. Nitrogen filled of course.. It is a variable 2x7 power..

Here is a Pic mounted on my Beretta made Weatherby XXII.. If you can see in the pic, this one is also marked P Beretta... That is what kinda drew me to it. I collect Berettas and it was cool to have this one marked by Beretta specifically.. I have not seen them marked this way, but maybe one other time.. I actually have to catch myself every time as I always call it a Beretta rather than a Weatherby,LOL

Manual for the Scope is dated 1984.. Came with the box, manual, cleaning cloth, lense covers, and plastic wrap.. Really kinda amazing find a scope that has sat new in the box since 1984..

Not sure who made these Supreme Scope models for Weatherby.. Maybe Tasco.. It was made in Japan.. But Weatherby themselves say in the manual I bought the highest quality optic you can get..That may be a stretch ,LOL But it is nice glass..

I will be using some Warne mounts I got from Midway that should be here this week. The ones on it now are a oddball mounting system.. Thanks

Last edited by AR22; 11-28-2023 at 4:05 PM..
Old 11-28-2023, 4:38 PM

Nice.. Weatherby scopes add collector value.. I have a Beretta made Weatherby also? They look and handle much better with the 5 round magazine,, but spendy when you can find one.. I really like to shoot mine, a accurate rifle it is..
Cheers ..
Old 11-28-2023, 5:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Here is a link to Weatherby's scope suppliers.
The Imperial on my German MKV was made in Germany by Hertel & Reuss

https://faq.weatherby.com/weatherby-...d-rifle-scopes
Old 11-28-2023, 5:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

OP, did you ever get a reply back, regarding the mfg date?
Old 11-28-2023, 5:48 PM

No I have not got anything back from Beretta yet.. Usually I do in no more than two weeks.. But maybe this is taking longer since it was a contract Firearm.. Or they just never kept the records for the Weatherbys.. I have had to inquire twice once on one of my Beretta Pistols to get a reply, but did after the second attempt....

I will give them a little longer and resubmit it to them if I do not hear anything..

Yes the mags in any variety are expensive.. My ten rounder works fine.. What do you think of the single shot selector? Kinda hokey really.. I like the semi/bolt action feature on my old Beretta Olimpia shown below though.

Share a pic of yours..I would like to see it..They are just beautiful Rifles..Thanks for the reply's.

Last edited by AR22; 11-28-2023 at 5:57 PM..