Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3961  
Old 09-19-2023, 11:59 AM
ryan5474's Avatar
ryan5474 ryan5474 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hercules ca
Posts: 16
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Ok I need some input here .
I received a denied CCW email today from the sheriff . I received a phone call a few weeks back stating that I did not disclose that I had a DUI in 2005 but I was not charged with any crime didn?t even go to court DMV gave my license back one week after (was told it will not be on your record).
? The information obtained regarding your application, in comparison to the requirements imposed by law on issuing authorities, precluded the issuance of a permit.? This is what was sent to me . What can I do ? Can I appeal ? What is the time to wait to re-apply ? Thanks gents in advance for your input . Btw I also have a non resident Arizona CCW .
Reply With Quote
  #3962  
Old 09-19-2023, 2:22 PM
AdamM AdamM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brentwood, Northern Calif.
Posts: 850
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Curious what everyone?s Livescan timeline was? I did mine on 9/8 and still only shows CA, not DOJ or firearms
Reply With Quote
  #3963  
Old 09-20-2023, 6:46 AM
bonzai272 bonzai272 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 164
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan5474 View Post
Ok I need some input here .
I received a denied CCW email today from the sheriff . I received a phone call a few weeks back stating that I did not disclose that I had a DUI in 2005 but I was not charged with any crime didn?t even go to court DMV gave my license back one week after (was told it will not be on your record).
? The information obtained regarding your application, in comparison to the requirements imposed by law on issuing authorities, precluded the issuance of a permit.? This is what was sent to me . What can I do ? Can I appeal ? What is the time to wait to re-apply ? Thanks gents in advance for your input . Btw I also have a non resident Arizona CCW .
Arrested for DUI but not charged? Still had an arrest or contact for DUI on the record, and shoulve been disclosed. That's a tough one. Might need to work with an attorney.
Reply With Quote
  #3964  
Old 09-20-2023, 7:39 AM
WithinReason WithinReason is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 686
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzai272 View Post
Arrested for DUI but not charged? Still had an arrest or contact for DUI on the record, and shoulve been disclosed. That's a tough one. Might need to work with an attorney.
Agreed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3965  
Old 09-21-2023, 6:42 AM
rrr70's Avatar
rrr70 rrr70 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CoCo County, PRK
Posts: 1,832
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sev07 View Post
Hi guys. CCW unrelated, but Contra Costa related, and didn't know where to post.

I'm moving from Southern California to CCC.

I normally shoot at FT3 and Route 66 gun club.

Neither of these ranges inspect any firearms, and (when I've seen others with non-compliant firearms, like featured rifles with compmags, and compmags being removed at the range and using normal mags), the RSO's don't interrupt or give any issues.

Is this a similar sentiment that would be found at CCC ranges, or are the RSO's much more strict about these types of things?

What kind of attitude should I expect? What ranges are worthwhile in CCC? Is it true that all CCC ranges require a short class and test before shooting?

Thanks all, if there is a more appropriate place to ask this question, please let me know.
Are you asking if it?s an OK to break the law at local ranges?
__________________
"The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory" Jeff Cooper

Reply With Quote
  #3966  
Old 09-21-2023, 8:57 AM
Go Navy's Avatar
Go Navy Go Navy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,111
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sev07 View Post
Hi guys. CCW unrelated, but Contra Costa related, and didn't know where to post.

I'm moving from Southern California to CCC.

I normally shoot at FT3 and Route 66 gun club.

Neither of these ranges inspect any firearms, and (when I've seen others with non-compliant firearms, like featured rifles with compmags, and compmags being removed at the range and using normal mags), the RSO's don't interrupt or give any issues.

Is this a similar sentiment that would be found at CCC ranges, or are the RSO's much more strict about these types of things?

What kind of attitude should I expect? What ranges are worthwhile in CCC? Is it true that all CCC ranges require a short class and test before shooting?

Thanks all, if there is a more appropriate place to ask this question, please let me know.
I highly recommend United Sportsmen's Range in Concord. It has been completely updated with new facilities, and offers trap, skeet, five stand, pistol, and rifle. It consists of four clubs. I belong to Diablo Rod and Gun Club which is one of them.

https://diablorodandgun.com

Yes, like most ranges, you take and pass a safety test, and a range safety officer briefs you in person on safe handling of your firearm and range rules. All firearms must be cased when you arrive at the range. When shooting pistol, you are not allowed to practice from a holster.
__________________
USN Veteran, Gun Owners of Calif. Member, NRA Life Member

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We'll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Reply With Quote
  #3967  
Old 09-22-2023, 6:42 AM
BigPimping's Avatar
BigPimping BigPimping is offline
Still in The Game
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norcal. East Bay.
Posts: 20,796
iTrader: 63 / 100%
Default

When I picked up my permit, I had the credit card size card with my photo on it and the piece of paper. They told me I could laminate. My CCW instructor told me that he did not carry the piece of paper, but I was told by the police representative that I should have it. Not sure why it just basically has the same information. I?ve laminated it and put it into the folder where I carry my permit.
Reply With Quote
  #3968  
Old 09-23-2023, 10:34 PM
Psychbiker Psychbiker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fox Hole
Posts: 1,670
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

Qual Test 11/4.

Coco sheriff. Tripping bout passing. Gonna dry fire, range and two private Instructions before.
Reply With Quote
  #3969  
Old 09-24-2023, 11:55 AM
Bikerscum Bikerscum is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SF Bay area
Posts: 46
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Has anyone recently gotten a reply from Permitium sent to the address on the website? How long did it take?

15 months in (2 since receiving the Permitium letter) & I'm thinking my app may have gone in the round file.
Reply With Quote
  #3970  
Old 09-26-2023, 10:09 AM
kenzyhere kenzyhere is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerscum View Post
I got the letter to restart with Permitium 8-2-23, 13 months from when I initiated the paper app. Submitted docs again online, did live scan.... crickets.
Took me 10 months from start to finish. After you submit your application, it doesn't start the timer... the actual timer is started once you do your live scan. I would suggest to see if live scan is completed.

After live scan is done, you can check in with the sheriff's dept (email them) and see what date your application (live scan completion); that is when actually when your timer starts. If you ask, they will tell you what month they are processing applications.

Hopefully you have no parking tickets, DUIs or any issues with the law, then it should go smooth.

My advice for people is to get application in and do live scan right away. I did my live scan a month after and got mine later than if I did it right away. Then it's just a waiting game. Everyone at the sheriff's office was really nice, just overwhelmed.
Reply With Quote
  #3971  
Old 09-27-2023, 12:11 PM
kenzyhere kenzyhere is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerscum View Post
Has anyone recently gotten a reply from Permitium sent to the address on the website? How long did it take?

15 months in (2 since receiving the Permitium letter) & I'm thinking my app may have gone in the round file.
Email them, they are pretty responsive. If you don't hear within a day or two, email them again. They can tell you where you are in line. Did you do live scan? Your timer doesn't start till you do a live scan.
Reply With Quote
  #3972  
Old 09-27-2023, 5:45 PM
Blade1055 Blade1055 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 91
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default Status question

Ok, I'm a December 21, Live Scan Date, my Permitium Status just recently went from "order Started" (The first blue bar) and now the second Bar (payment received) is Blue. But we don't pay until we pick up so I'm not sure what that means (assigned to investigator?). Currently the third bar "Order Pending" is Orange.
Can anyone tell me what that means and what would be a rough estimate on being called for my qualifying shoot? Permitium notes above the Status field that I will be sent and email every time my status changes, but I've received nothing. I just check it a few times a week.
Did you get a call or email when the "order Pending" goes Blue to schedule you Qualification?
I did send a note to LT Hoekwater asking about SB2 16 hour training requirements starting January 1st. If I don't get my permit by 1/1/24 will I need an additional 8 hour CCW2 class?
Reply With Quote
  #3973  
Old 09-27-2023, 7:55 PM
BigKat707's Avatar
BigKat707 BigKat707 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 47
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I train CCW for Contra Costa County and spoke to Lt Hoekwater today about this same thing. He responded, "if they were approved for their CCW permit and we have not completed the permitting process by Jan 2024, they will be required to get the additional training."
__________________
2nd Amendment Firearms Academy
Reply With Quote
  #3974  
Old 09-27-2023, 9:34 PM
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 5,926
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKat707 View Post
I train CCW for Contra Costa County and spoke to Lt Hoekwater today about this same thing. He responded, "if they were approved for their CCW permit and we have not completed the permitting process by Jan 2024, they will be required to get the additional training."
Same date the CCW becomes worthless pieces of paper due to all of the sensitive places of SB2.

I hate this freaking state. California can suck it.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #3975  
Old 09-27-2023, 9:37 PM
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 5,926
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

And, how much you wanna bet that the CCW approval process just got a whole bunch of mole-asses dumped into it and they come to a screaching halt now that SB2 was signed. I certainly hope not.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #3976  
Old 09-27-2023, 10:49 PM
TheNinja TheNinja is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 275
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade1055 View Post
Ok, I'm a December 21, Live Scan Date, my Permitium Status just recently went from "order Started" (The first blue bar) and now the second Bar (payment received) is Blue. But we don't pay until we pick up so I'm not sure what that means (assigned to investigator?). Currently the third bar "Order Pending" is Orange.
Can anyone tell me what that means and what would be a rough estimate on being called for my qualifying shoot? Permitium notes above the Status field that I will be sent and email every time my status changes, but I've received nothing. I just check it a few times a week.
Did you get a call or email when the "order Pending" goes Blue to schedule you Qualification?
I did send a note to LT Hoekwater asking about SB2 16 hour training requirements starting January 1st. If I don't get my permit by 1/1/24 will I need an additional 8 hour CCW2 class?

I think you and I are in the exact same "group" and time frame. I was a December 2022 (around the 21st/23rd with application and LiveScan approved). Then I had to reupload into Permitium. So I was worried b/c all my Permitium stuff says July of 2023 now.

I initially emailed them and asked how I keep my original spot in the queue from Dec. 2022. They assured me my orginal spot was there and LiveScan was done even though permitium said waiting for LiveScan yet.

Just recently I went to a blue bar for "order started" and a blue bar for "Payment Received" and now it's yellow for "order pending" whatever that means. I'm guessing I'm close in the queue now or they are reviewing my application for anything bad on it.

And like you I have never received any emails except a return call from CCW office about my question in the queue.

Keep us posted here if you hear anything else and I'll do the same. Hopefully we both get "the call" soon.
Reply With Quote
  #3977  
Old 09-28-2023, 9:28 AM
WithinReason WithinReason is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 686
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKat707 View Post
I train CCW for Contra Costa County and spoke to Lt Hoekwater today about this same thing. He responded, "if they were approved for their CCW permit and we have not completed the permitting process by Jan 2024, they will be required to get the additional training."
This is terrible! I hope that a judge issues a stay of SB2.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3978  
Old 09-28-2023, 12:08 PM
Blade1055 Blade1055 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 91
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default permitium status translation

As noted above my Permitium Status changed recently from Blue in the first status field to Blue in the Second field and "orange in the third field. LT Hoekwater responded to an email I sent and told me my file was with the Sheriff for his final review (before being called for a qualification shoot). So, Third Status Bar - Sheriff reviewing to sign off for Shoot? Maye it turns blue after he approves it.
Hope that helps others. I've heard in the past they can be on his desk for 2 to 3 weeks. I'm hoping I can make the Qual shoot and pick up before 1/1/24. But I don't have a problem taking another CCW class, I understand the Paladin tactical CCW2 is a shoot house with air soft. That sounds like great training.
Reply With Quote
  #3979  
Old 09-28-2023, 12:56 PM
TheNinja TheNinja is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 275
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade1055 View Post
As noted above my Permitium Status changed recently from Blue in the first status field to Blue in the Second field and "orange in the third field. LT Hoekwater responded to an email I sent and told me my file was with the Sheriff for his final review (before being called for a qualification shoot). So, Third Status Bar - Sheriff reviewing to sign off for Shoot? Maye it turns blue after he approves it.
Hope that helps others. I've heard in the past they can be on his desk for 2 to 3 weeks. I'm hoping I can make the Qual shoot and pick up before 1/1/24. But I don't have a problem taking another CCW class, I understand the Paladin tactical CCW2 is a shoot house with air soft. That sounds like great training.
Great information! Thanks for passing it along.

So you took your training before you were approved so that you could get a faster qualification date? I didn't take training yet as I wanted to wait until I was approved. I should have taken it!
Reply With Quote
  #3980  
Old 09-28-2023, 11:00 PM
Blade1055 Blade1055 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 91
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The Ninja, Sign up and take your class NOW. I was told by the CCW instructor that it's good for two years before the permit is issued. So, unless you feel that there is a question about you passing a background check, schedule a class and get it done. I sent mine n back in January to the Sheriff and they attached it to my file then. Also it's noted on my Permitium file as an attached document.
Reply With Quote
  #3981  
Old 09-29-2023, 7:30 AM
BigKat707's Avatar
BigKat707 BigKat707 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 47
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Contra Costa has always said the training certificate is good for 2 years, however, with the change of SB2, unless a stay is put in place it will no longer be accepted. Everyone that hasn't finished the CCW process will have to start the training process over. Which means you don't just take another 8 hour class, you take a full 16-hour class since the requirements in the training have changed as well. Part of that training will be a 1-hour training on Mental Health that CANNOT be taught by the firearms instructor. So expect costs to go up on that training while they find mental health professionals who will come teach it.
__________________
2nd Amendment Firearms Academy
Reply With Quote
  #3982  
Old 09-29-2023, 10:59 AM
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 5,926
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKat707 View Post
Contra Costa has always said the training certificate is good for 2 years, however, with the change of SB2, unless a stay is put in place it will no longer be accepted. Everyone that hasn't finished the CCW process will have to start the training process over. Which means you don't just take another 8 hour class, you take a full 16-hour class since the requirements in the training have changed as well. Part of that training will be a 1-hour training on Mental Health that CANNOT be taught by the firearms instructor. So expect costs to go up on that training while they find mental health professionals who will come teach it.
I'm sure those mental health professionals will be hand picked by the Sheriff to speed the process along and approve as many applicants as possible (end sarcasm).

I wonder how many CCW approvals will be handed out from here until 1/1/2024. My guess is the process goes dark. Permitium loses applicant records, gets corrupted, loss of funding, CCW dept closure/downsizing/outsourcing blah blah blah.

The Bruen decision should have opened the door for more broad and acceptable 2A laws etc, but only succeeded in opening the door to let more rats into CA. All of these new laws are a knee jerk reaction to Bruen and signs of a crying baby throwing a temper tantrum.

California sucks.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #3983  
Old 09-29-2023, 5:26 PM
jatreuel jatreuel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
I'm sure those mental health professionals will be hand picked by the Sheriff to speed the process along and approve as many applicants as possible (end sarcasm).



I wonder how many CCW approvals will be handed out from here until 1/1/2024. My guess is the process goes dark. Permitium loses applicant records, gets corrupted, loss of funding, CCW dept closure/downsizing/outsourcing blah blah blah.



The Bruen decision should have opened the door for more broad and acceptable 2A laws etc, but only succeeded in opening the door to let more rats into CA. All of these new laws are a knee jerk reaction to Bruen and signs of a crying baby throwing a temper tantrum.



California sucks.
Take a breath, friend. I have two buddies who both got their qualifications emails this week. The range slots were booked out to the weekend of the 21st of Oct

As some have stated. If you're registered in the CCSO Permitium system and your background is clean.
Book your training and start calling or emailing. They seem to be really responsive to that

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3984  
Old 09-29-2023, 6:18 PM
Bikerscum Bikerscum is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SF Bay area
Posts: 46
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

CC's response to my Permitium status update request...

We are currently processing applications with live scans completed in January 2023. Please expect a longer wait time. When your application is pulled in Permitium, you will see an update on your order tracker. In the meantime, the order tracker will remain stagnant. We apologize for the delay.

January??
Reply With Quote
  #3985  
Old 09-29-2023, 6:40 PM
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 5,926
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerscum View Post
CC's response to my Permitium status update request...

We are currently processing applications with live scans completed in January 2023. Please expect a longer wait time. When your application is pulled in Permitium, you will see an update on your order tracker. In the meantime, the order tracker will remain stagnant. We apologize for the delay.

January??
Where is my shocked face...
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #3986  
Old 09-29-2023, 8:36 PM
WithinReason WithinReason is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 686
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

It seems patently unfair that upgrading the process to a computerized system, coupled with increased staffing, should lead to longer delays...
__________________

Last edited by WithinReason; 09-30-2023 at 6:10 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3987  
Old 09-29-2023, 9:02 PM
Red9's Avatar
Red9 Red9 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: My home
Posts: 2,870
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

Did my livescan in November 2022. Received a call Thursday with some questions. Email today told me I'm approved. Next step is qualified.
Reply With Quote
  #3988  
Old 10-03-2023, 6:53 AM
RideSF RideSF is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 72
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Good morning cal gunners, has anyone recently applied in coco county? They accepting regular law abiding citizens?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3989  
Old 10-03-2023, 11:22 AM
kenzyhere kenzyhere is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade1055 View Post
Ok, I'm a December 21, Live Scan Date, my Permitium Status just recently went from "order Started" (The first blue bar) and now the second Bar (payment received) is Blue. But we don't pay until we pick up so I'm not sure what that means (assigned to investigator?). Currently the third bar "Order Pending" is Orange.
Can anyone tell me what that means and what would be a rough estimate on being called for my qualifying shoot? Permitium notes above the Status field that I will be sent and email every time my status changes, but I've received nothing. I just check it a few times a week.
Did you get a call or email when the "order Pending" goes Blue to schedule you Qualification?
I did send a note to LT Hoekwater asking about SB2 16 hour training requirements starting January 1st. If I don't get my permit by 1/1/24 will I need an additional 8 hour CCW2 class?
The same thing happen to me... you should be coming up shortly...my Live Scan was Dec 17, 2022. You should be getting an email soon. You can email the CCW staff and see what dates are they processing; they'll tell you. I got my CCW permit last month. I did the training ahead of time and uploaded it to the portal.

You are taking a chance if you do the Training ahead of time, but that will speed things up to get on the qualification test. The training should be good for 2 years. After the test is completed, it takes about a week or two to get the call for scheduling permit pickup.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #3990  
Old 10-03-2023, 11:44 AM
Blade1055 Blade1055 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 91
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Ride SF,
If you read the posting you can see that people are getting their permits and being scheduled for their Qualification Shoot. That's the last activity before the Sheriff signs off on your permit and you get called to pay the $160 fee and pick up the permit (total fees about $550 with live Scan, training, permit fee). Noted in an above post is that they are now processing Live scans from January 2023, so there is a 10 month back log.
You application date does not start when it is submitted on Permitium, but when you submit your live scan to the Sheriff department on Permitium. That's the start date. I think 99% of us getting permits are "regular law abiding citizens". O would wait till after Jan.1st to see how the SB2 training requirements shake out be scheduling your training, since you have a 6 to10 month wait. They are processing faster now.
Reply With Quote
  #3991  
Old 10-03-2023, 12:04 PM
TheNinja TheNinja is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 275
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Denied - Failure to disclose prior criminal conduct. I did have some prior item on my record (nothing gun related, no felony or anything like that). And to the best of my knowledge I DID disclose everything. I had nothing to try to hide.

Somehow I failed to disclose. I emailed Mr. Livingston and politely asked to discuss at some point. I understood my situation but I didn't lie on my application or attempt to deceive anyone.
Reply With Quote
  #3992  
Old 10-03-2023, 9:02 PM
WithinReason WithinReason is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 686
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
Denied - Failure to disclose prior criminal conduct. I did have some prior item on my record (nothing gun related, no felony or anything like that). And to the best of my knowledge I DID disclose everything. I had nothing to try to hide.

Somehow I failed to disclose. I emailed Mr. Livingston and politely asked to discuss at some point. I understood my situation but I didn't lie on my application or attempt to deceive anyone.
Can you figure out what you failed to disclose and re-apply?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3993  
Old 10-03-2023, 10:32 PM
TheNinja TheNinja is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 275
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithinReason View Post
Can you figure out what you failed to disclose and re-apply?
Yes, I feel like I at least deserve an answer on this. I mean they can't just be like "failure to disclose" and then not even give me a chance to talk to them or understand what happened.

As I mentioned, I emailed them and I'll wait maybe 5 business days. If I don't hear anything I will give them a call and find out what's going on or what, if anything, I can do to potentially re-open my app. This really stinks

I don't even think the "good moral character" or whatever is constitutional. I thought if you pass backgrounds and no felonies that you have the right to bear arms to protect yourself. But I would like an explanation.
Reply With Quote
  #3994  
Old 10-04-2023, 6:32 AM
jatreuel jatreuel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
Yes, I feel like I at least deserve an answer on this. I mean they can't just be like "failure to disclose" and then not even give me a chance to talk to them or understand what happened.



As I mentioned, I emailed them and I'll wait maybe 5 business days. If I don't hear anything I will give them a call and find out what's going on or what, if anything, I can do to potentially re-open my app. This really stinks



I don't even think the "good moral character" or whatever is constitutional. I thought if you pass backgrounds and no felonies that you have the right to bear arms to protect yourself. But I would like an explanation.
Potential reasons could be any type of domestic call where the sheriff was dispatched. DUl or possession charges are all deal breakers for Livingston

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3995  
Old 10-05-2023, 6:35 PM
Chrisdken Chrisdken is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Posts: 1
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Just filed my new CCW application for CoCo via Permitium:
10/05/23 - application filed

Wish me luck. I had a speeding ticket from Dec 2021 that I disclosed in the questionnaire. Guidance and good luck wishes appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #3996  
Old 10-05-2023, 8:43 PM
WithinReason WithinReason is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 686
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Good luck!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3997  
Old 10-05-2023, 9:49 PM
ryan5474's Avatar
ryan5474 ryan5474 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hercules ca
Posts: 16
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

TheNinja please share your out come samething happened to me denied for a DUI in 05 but I was never charged with it . Clerk told me it wouldn?t be on my record guess that was BS .
Reply With Quote
  #3998  
Old 10-06-2023, 6:57 AM
bonzai272 bonzai272 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 164
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

I think the key point here is to disclose, disclose, disclose.
Reply With Quote
  #3999  
Old 10-06-2023, 12:07 PM
WithinReason WithinReason is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 686
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzai272 View Post
I think the key point here is to disclose, disclose, disclose.
Agreed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4000  
Old 10-08-2023, 9:55 AM
kenzyhere kenzyhere is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisdken View Post
Just filed my new CCW application for CoCo via Permitium:
10/05/23 - application filed

Wish me luck. I had a speeding ticket from Dec 2021 that I disclosed in the questionnaire. Guidance and good luck wishes appreciated.

Thanks!
Did you do live scan yet? The timer doesn't start till you do your live scan and application. I found out when doing my CCW. GL!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:30 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy