Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2019, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgoat View Post
Yep, hopefully all counties will be required to do this.
Does this mean SF or other Bay Area counties are granting CCW?
Old 08-30-2019, 9:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
Does this mean SF or other Bay Area counties are granting CCW?
Did hell freeze over?
Old 08-30-2019, 10:33 PM

Something tells me phase two of the "California plan" by the state DOJ is going into effect. Deliberate bungling and mistakes to delay clearances, the old sorry the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing, or we are so backlogged because we are under budget excuses. Computer breakdowns on the system and making people do things over several times will become normal and make DMV look great by comparison. Then the gun stores will come in and re-charge you if you go over the time limits and how many guns will they own by forfeit. I am fully expecting many more screw ups in the coming year with even more restrictive laws to come. these are not honest mistakes. they are deliberate and they are all sitting back laughing at DOJ.
Old 09-19-2019, 7:55 AM

Hello everyone, new member here. I had my 2 felonies reduced via prop 64 last year, and I've waited awhile to let things go through, hopefully. I just submitted my record review 2 days ago so I will know more in a few days.
I called Blue Collar Firearms in Colton, and they release on undetermined, but on a case by case basis. So I told then what I had going on and they said they would absolutley release under my circumstances. The excitement is building, so wish me luck....
Old 09-24-2019, 5:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvellas View Post
Hello everyone, new member here. I had my 2 felonies reduced via prop 64 last year, and I've waited awhile to let things go through, hopefully. I just submitted my record review 2 days ago so I will know more in a few days.
I called Blue Collar Firearms in Colton, and they release on undetermined, but on a case by case basis. So I told then what I had going on and they said they would absolutley release under my circumstances. The excitement is building, so wish me luck....
Good luck! Let us know how it goes and if we can help you with anything. My recommendation would be to be patient.
Old 09-24-2019, 3:53 PM

Record review showed LA county was reduced via 11361.8, so that looks good. But Imperial county showed no reduction, still after 11 months. So I called them, and they said they haven't submitted paperwork to DOJ because they were waiting for me to submit an order. At the hearing in Imperial the judge granted the reduction, but at the end asked if I had an order for her to sign, to which I replied that I don't believe I need one since I didnt have one for LA county when I got the reduction there.
The clerk I talked to said I had to submit an order, since it was on the minutes to get it reduced under 17(B). I told her it was not a 17(B), and we went back and forth for a bit, before she admitted that she didn't know much about these types of cases. So I said screw it and I sent my 8706 form to DOJ today, certified, with s copy of my petition and my minutes, which I attached here. I highlighted where it says "court grants relief" and "order of the court petition granted".
Hopefully DOJ will get it taken care of. Imperial thought they had to wait on an order from me, based on the last line in the minutes, but I'm seeing the minutes show granted, which should mean they need to update DOJ. Such a headache...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190924-163920_Docs.jpg (88.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 09-24-2019, 4:24 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

It says ‘defense counsel shall submit an order for signature’. So your attorney should have drafted an order for the judge to sign.

Old 09-24-2019, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
It says ‘defense counsel shall submit an order for signature’. So your attorney should have drafted an order for the judge to sign.
I did it myself via the free online generator. I didnt have a lawyer, but the public defender for the day talked to me a bit about when I would be called up, before court started. I guess they assumed he was with me. LA county didnt need an order. They said reduced, I walked out, and my record now reflects that. I even called a lawyer yesterday and they said I did everything correct and there was nothing they could do help
Old 10-07-2019, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Papa View Post
It's a little unclear. I'll break it down because maybe CaliTrav is asking something different than I thought. I DID NOT get denied after getting a delay on the same DROS. I got denied without delay on my 2nd DROS attempt... months after getting an approval after a 30 day delay and receiving my CCW (which I challenged and won).
You were denied a CCW and challenged it?
Old 10-07-2019, 7:23 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70blazer74 View Post
It happens, I know of a few people who have successfully challenged CCW denials in CA.

Old 10-07-2019, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
It happens, I know of a few people who have successfully challenged CCW denials in CA.

What is the process for challenging them?
Old 10-07-2019, 8:23 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

Quote:
What is the process for challenging them?
Every issuing agency has their own appeals process and some do not have any appeals process.

Old 10-09-2019, 6:04 PM

Quote:
No I challenged/appealed a denied DROS and it got reversed. My amended record clearly showed my reduction. I already had a purchase so there was no reason for denial besides DOJ error or what I would call “prejudice and manipulative” behavior.