Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Primary Arms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2018, 6:24 AM

Default PA 1x Prism ETA?

I keep waiting for the release of your 1x ACSS prism optic (Cyclops?). Any updates?
Old 05-31-2018, 6:58 AM
Vendor/Retailer

We are hoping for a July 9 release. When they get released you will want to act fast, I think the first batch, which is relatively small, is going to get sold out fast. The second batch will come soon after but I don't think the first ones to come in stock will be enough to meet demand for long.

Here's the thread we've had on AR15.com about it for awhile. Lots of pics including some reticle pics from the prototype.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry...e-/325-285110/
Old 06-18-2018, 9:24 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Pre-orders just went live, here's your chance to secure one. There will be a very limited number of pre-orders available as the pre-order system is very new to us.

http://www.primaryarms.com/pa-1x-com...-reticle-black
Old 06-19-2018, 7:57 AM

Thanks got one ordered!
Old 07-20-2018, 8:55 AM

How will this new optic work with one of the PA 3x magnifiers? I currently run a PA red dot with flip to side 3x magnifier and would consider swapping the red dot out for this just to get the new reticle....if I can keep the 3x magnifier.
Those acting in the public interest assume obligations of accountability and transparency. Retroactively redefining goals while claiming yet refusing to disclose some "master plan" is just the opposite. So is viciously trashing anyone who questions your judgment. -navyinrwanda
Old 07-24-2018, 5:24 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Magnifiers are a no-go. When playing around with it we realized you can put the magnifier in FRONT of the 1x prism scope and it will appear to work, but practically speaking you get no accuracy, because of massive parallax issues that I don't really understand since I'm not an optical engineer.

Bottom line, it looks like it might work until you never hit the target ever.

EDIT: They are saying that you can put the 3x magnifier BEHIND the Cyclops and carefully adjust both diopters until the etched reticle is in focus, and it'll work. Still sounds sketch to me, but apparently one of the guys got it to work out.

These are ALMOST in stock, I'm guessing we'll see them go live on the site on Monday if all goes well.

Last edited by PrimaryArms; 07-25-2018 at 5:31 AM..
Old 07-27-2018, 5:32 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Hey guys, they are live on site and in stock, but selling fast. Don't worry, we already have more ordered and being built now.
Old 08-16-2018, 4:43 PM

Here is my scorpion with Cyclops. I am using adm micro mount. I was able to do a 12" group at 100 yards.
Mike: I think that someone in the AR forum was inquire about the optic height in a scorpion. You can use this picture if you want

Old 08-17-2018, 5:39 AM
Vendor/Retailer

THANK YOU! I've had this question asked twice on AR15.com and I gave the exact mount you have as my answer but didn't have a pic! I'm gratefully taking your pic and cross posting it there!

Thanks thanks thanks! Please let us know how the Cyclops performs with that setup!
Old 08-17-2018, 8:37 PM

So far I like it. We defined reticle. Instead of a blob. Here is what I found out. At 100 yards the horse shoe outer edges almost matches a 12" target. So I match those and fire away. I give you more feed back when I get more range time.

Last edited by romukom; 08-17-2018 at 8:44 PM..
Old 08-25-2018, 7:44 AM

I should receive mine this Tuesday. Very curious to check it out.

BTW, I read through the AR forum's threads about this scope. Lots of speculation about how it might work, height wise, with various mounts. Larue T1 and so forth. No one mentioned the Larue "HK" mount, which is a tad shorter than the T1 co-witness mount. I've been using this mount with a Vortex SPARC on an AR, since the height provides a co-witness for this sight.

But I'll measure it and may try swapping the HK mount over to the Cyclops and see how it works out.
Old 08-27-2018, 5:57 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Cool, let us know! We are getting really good feedback on Cyclops so far.
Old 08-29-2018, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaryArms View Post
Cool, let us know! We are getting really good feedback on Cyclops so far.
Just got mine yesterday. Very nice view through it! Great little reticle. I have to say though that I thought my diopter was busted. It was cranked all the way down to the bottom really tightly I guess. Took two hands doing an "Indian burn" on it to get it rotating! But once it started moving the adjustment wasn't so difficult. And of course there's no reason for it to turn easily.

And I just put it on my Larue "HK" mount. It's perfect! Not that I had a doubt. I don't know why this mount is being so overlooked as an option. It's about 0.15" taller than the PA mount.

I will try to post a pic or two later. Kinda lost our light for the day.
Old 08-29-2018, 7:11 PM

Okay, I found some light. Snapped a couple of pics in my garage. Here's my Cyclops mounted on my Larue T1-HK mount. (I forget the exact P/N.) At this height the entire reticle floats just a little above the front sight post. BTW, this rifle has a 16" barrel with the standard steel FSB. F-marked maybe? But that doesn't matter.

Feel free to pass this on to the crew over at ARFdotCom who keep vacillating between the "Absolute Co-witness" and other mounts. FYI, this HK-height mount is just a little shorter than the T1 Absolute Co-witness mount.

Last edited by Ki6vsm; 02-08-2023 at 11:09 AM..
Old 08-30-2018, 5:45 AM
Vendor/Retailer

You guys rock. Thank you so much for sharing and allowing me to cross post and everything.

I haven't been here for long and there isn't a ton of action on our industry forum here, but I'm so impressed with this board. I check it every morning hoping someone will post something.
Old 08-30-2018, 7:46 PM

I was looking through it again with a more critical eye. My eyesight's gone to hell a little. I can see everything great through the scope with my prescription glasses on, but they they're no good for seeing up close unfortunately.

So I to get a good idea of the exact relationship between the front sight post and this reticle I looked through it while wearing my reading glasses, which allow me to see the FSP more sharply. I'd say now that when looking straight down the center of the scope as I should, there's a little overlap between the stadia lines and the post. Maybe the lower two. So, up to about the "400" line? But chevron and horseshoe are well above the horizon of the front sight's 'ears'. So for me, I consider this ideal.
Old 08-30-2018, 7:54 PM

And hey, I noticed you tried to show my pics over at ARF dot com, via links over here. But they're only viewable to to logged-in members here.

So you either need to save the images to your machine and then upload them in a post, or just do screen grabs and make images that you can do the same with. Either way should work well.
Old 08-31-2018, 5:44 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Yeah, one of the guys was all "hey I can't see your pics" so I just turned them into urls, but I think I'll rework it today. Thanks again!