Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 11-27-2020, 12:50 PM

Default Redding Big Boss II

ASK Defense in Redlands has Redding Big Boss II in store for $229.99, they got 4 in Tuesday (closed Thursday). When I left there was one left....
Old 11-27-2020, 3:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Redding Big Boss II has 40 years of design improvements over my 1978 Rock Chucker.

I felt as if I was betraying 40 years, and counting, of reliable RC service so I never pulled the
trigger on a BB2. In my haste I bought a Forester Co-ax instead.
Old 11-27-2020, 5:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have wanted that press for years and still do... I am a huge fan of just about anything Redding puts out and the BigBoss II is no different... the hollow ram/spent primer capture system is worth the $$$ IMHO. that being said, I still don't have one
Old 11-27-2020, 8:04 PM

Default Big Boss II with up grades

I replaced my RCBS Rock Chucker II with a Big Boss II and have never been happier I did. The BB II is superior in every aspect , especially in the spent primer collection system. The on press priming also works very well once you properly adjust it.
I made a stand alone case ejector for mine, which can be disabled with one thumb screw.
Also added LED lights and just this past month added the final tweak, a case counter.
IMG_0007_edited.jpg

IMG_0008_edited.jpg

IMG_0009_edited.jpg
Old 12-05-2020, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mist Maker View Post
I replaced my RCBS Rock Chucker II with a Big Boss II and have never been happier I did. The BB II is superior in every aspect , especially in the spent primer collection system. The on press priming also works very well once you properly adjust it.
I made a stand alone case ejector for mine, which can be disabled with one thumb screw.
Also added LED lights and just this past month added the final tweak, a case counter.
Attachment 959431

Attachment 959432

Attachment 959433
Do you have any more details on your case ejector system, I have the Inline fab system and dont care for the spring.

Richard
"This country with it's institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing goverment, they can excercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismemember or overthrow it."
Abe Lincoln

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Liberalism is as useful as a screen door on a submarine.”
unknown