Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > A.V. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2016, 9:08 PM

Default off topic but correct area. Moving to palm/lancaster. Apartment Recomendations?

Am originally from CA and I took a big risk which could of been a big reward by moving up to Washington but that didn't pan out and have a medical condition (brain tumor returned) and I want to deal with my original surgeon who was in the santa clarita valley (but too expensive to live there).

Any information on either a fellow Calguns member renting or any apartment complexes that are on the up and up? basically which areas to avoid?

I thought i was done with CA for good, sold off a lot of my off roster guns before i left the state with no markup (honestly!) just to keep them with the inside CA borders.

Any insight would be fantastic. I know palmdale OK but due to what i can afford for a 1 bedroom apartment im going to have to open my search to Lancaster as well.

Took a chance and it went to crap and this brain tumor is going to be a nightmare (second one, thought i was clear). I just want to maintain the same doctor/surgeon i had there and maybe 2018 will be my year i get to permanently leave CA. Single, 34, no kids and am quite honestly as boring as can be lol.

Mods, if this is the wrong area i truly apologize. I just was hoping to hear from calgunners who live around the area.

Thanks shooters and keep them pointed down range
Old 12-30-2016, 9:40 PM

What's your budget?

I lived at chaparral on 5th st West I'm Palmdale for a while and it was nice.

My gf lived for many years in the apartments at L and 10th west across from the park/Costco and never had any problems.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman View Post
What's your budget?

My gf lived for many years in the apartments at L and 10th west across from the park/Costco and never had any problems.
alot of homeless people that area. The west side is the best area to live it
Old 12-30-2016, 10:45 PM

Neither place I suggested is on the east side...
Old 12-31-2016, 9:52 AM

Worked in the AV for several years. Quietest complex is 2800 block of K12. Don't remember the name but start there. Place is gated and savagery is non-existent there.
Old 12-31-2016, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman View Post
What's your budget?

$1100 max at the moment. just need a small space. 1bd. if the complex had a pool that would be a big bonus due to muscle atrophy but after a month or two i could join a gym and get my swimming exercise in.

I'll check those places out now, im looking to try and get out of here in about 3 months so i need to make a decision soon in order to lock a place down and save some money here since breaking the lease 6mo early and then the money upfront for the new apartment is not going to be easy but i figure im just going to sell my AR's up here (which will help) and just convert my best shooter to a non AW setup. The Ar's will help with the money up front and sell just about all my pistols except the family heirlooms and 1 shooter.

Sometimes you have to take a chance and unfortunately this chance didn't pan out and with another brain tumor im just have to tuck my tail and whimper back to komiefornia to try and get this second tumor removed and reset again. Wish i never moved to be honest but when you have a chance at a great career you sometimes have to roll the dice. ughhh... not looking forward to it but I did have great doctors out there who i fully trust to get me back on the right track and i'll attempt the move again when i get healthy again. Almost thinking about going to Bakersfield instead (although i need to look it up) it would be nice to be able to get a carry permit in Kern County.

Thanks guys for the advice . Wish i had spare cash to buy ammo since that stupid law passed after I moved. Just got to focus on my health in the meantime though which put me in a bad spot but i'll get over it like the first one.