Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 06-09-2021, 5:40 PM

chŗng ngốc

5/19 brother.

confirmed the same day too.

805s all around.

Clippers in 5
Old 06-09-2021, 5:42 PM

I provided pay stub, business card, went into detail about what I do. (15 mins on my job description, day to day and responsibilities ) and I had an email from my boss saying

"Lockdown.- is gainfully employed at Calguns dot net. He cleans out Paladin's inbox from time to time and has been with the company since 2012"

I had to do the same thing for a mortgage a few years back. The mortgage company then also called my boss to confirm. LASD did not call my boss to confirm. His email signature showed cell and office phone numbers.
Old 06-09-2021, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
People do: managers of independent jewelry stores, convenience store managers, restaurant managers, employees of property management companies, etc.

In my Advice thread I suggest getting such letters since the two Yellow counties (Ala and CoCoCo) both required them. If you canít get such a letter, either donít apply or apply without it:youíll never if youíll get turned down or issued until you try.
Well I'm genuinely surprised that anyone outside of small family type businesses, were there is little distinction between management and ownership, personal income/wealth, and business income/wealth, would get one, but I stand corrected.

The more time I spend on this forum, the more sense kcbrown makes.
Old 06-09-2021, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown.- View Post
@weezy the only reason I hang out on this thread is because misery likes company.

And to make sure Vinh doesn't get a pick up call befor me. Du ma
hahaha my Viet brooooos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageShooter40 View Post
Similar therapy for me as well. Everytime I lose faith. Something like this pops up! congrats on the call. STILL waiting for ANYTHING since my 3-16 drop off date. Where did you drop off at if you don't mind me asking?
Don't stress, keep the faith. I feel your pain, I was going through the same exact thing. I mailed it to the Hall of Justice using USPS Flat Rate envelope.
Old 06-09-2021, 8:24 PM

Default The famous call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo818 View Post
My check was cashed 05/18 too. No call yet !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They received my application 4/6/21 and cashed my money order 4/15/21.. They call was made june 6th and my interview was june 8th.. They are very busy so patience is key right now.. When the deputy gave me my live scan papers, he told me to please be patient..

2 months exactly from the day they received my application was my call... So I would say that's about the time frame you should expect..

good luck
Old 06-09-2021, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09cs View Post
Thank you, I just read through it.

Dumb question. Do I need to submit the application to the Hall of Justice, or can I submit at any LASD station?
Please also read the LASD CCW website thoroughly. There are links to several pages of useful information in addition to the application such as the address to send the application to, the list of approved training sites and the record sheet to bring to your training session for documenting your firearm proficiency.
Old 06-09-2021, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1abob View Post
They received my application 4/6/21 and cashed my money order 4/15/21.. They call was made june 6th and my interview was june 8th.. They are very busy so patience is key right now.. When the deputy gave me my live scan papers, he told me to please be patient..

2 months exactly from the day they received my application was my call... So I would say that's about the time frame you should expect..

good luck

Thatís great! Thanks for that info. Good luck with your application too

Old 06-09-2021, 11:52 PM

Dad had his interview today.

Same as another CGNer here where they can’t say whether or not you are approved, but they wont waste your time or money with a livescan if they think you’re not a good candidate.

Also a VERY humorous note on what can contribute to the negative side of the 50:50 stat that immortal put up:

When going through the questionnaire in the interview, my dad was asked “do you have any active warrants or ongoing cases against you?”

My dad thought it was a pretty funny question and just laughed at it. She immediately followed up with:

You’re laughing, but there was an applicant that had the audacity to apply for their CCW permit and we ran his background check before we called him. Turned out, he had an active arrest warrant from a different state, so we called him in and arrested him when he got here.

SO YEAH…. The negative side can contribute to people not being smart enough to apply
Old 06-09-2021, 11:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodae86 View Post

Same as another CGNer here where they canít say whether or not you are approved, but they wont waste your time or money with a livescan if they think youíre not a good candidate.

Also a VERY humorous note on what can contribute to the negative side of the 50:50 stat that immortal put up:

When going through the questionnaire in the interview, my dad was asked ďdo you have any active warrants or ongoing cases against you?Ē

My dad thought it was a pretty funny question and just laughed at it. She immediately followed up with:

Youíre laughing, but there was an applicant that had the audacity to apply for their CCW permit and we ran his background check before we called him. Turned out, he had an active arrest warrant from a different state, so we called him in and arrested him when he got here.

SO YEAHÖ. The negative side can contribute to people not being smart enough to apply
Hahahaha that is absolutely absurd.

Did you say your dadís GC is green earlier?
Old 06-10-2021, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweedsoyboy View Post
Hahahaha that is absolutely absurd.

Did you say your dadís GC is green earlier?
Haha Nah, his is Red. Business owner.

Mine was Green but my investigator found a yellow for me to lean on
Old 06-10-2021, 6:47 AM

Same as another CGNer here where they can’t say whether or not you are approved, but they wont waste your time or money with a livescan if they think you’re not a good candidate.

This makes me feel a tad bit better lol... I hope this quote applies to my deputy who interviewed me.. When they ask you questions that date back around 20 years + , also ad the pressure from the actual interview, one might think, " did I leave anything out? " come to think of it I told him I was fired from a job over 10 years ago.. Today I remember it was about 20 years ago... lol what else did I forget? Hopefully they would understand any mistakes made at interview and see that I've been a very very good boy and learned my lessons in life.
Old 06-10-2021, 6:58 AM

Now , let's say I get my ccw... I've been thinking how to carry with easy access of a draw " if needed " while riding my motorcycle.. I prefer appendix but the gloves I wear would interfere.. I'm sure I can come up with a custom home made glove design altered to my needs. Open to suggestions by the way.

Also you think it's legal to have a gun mount attached on my drivers side of my vehicle somewhere near my leg? I know some states are cool with it but how about los angeles? It would obviously be positioned in barely/none visible spot.

I hope none of us ever have to use our weapon, in fact I always advocate to do whatever you can to de escalate, walk or run away if possible etc... You don't want that on your conscious and definitely don't need the jail time and lawsuit that may follow behind it. The weapon is a last choice option where you have no other choice but just one.
Old 06-10-2021, 7:05 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1abob View Post
Now , let's say I get my ccw... I've been thinking how to carry with easy access of a draw " if needed " while riding my motorcycle.. I prefer appendix but the gloves I wear would interfere.. I'm sure I can come up with a custom home made glove design altered to my needs. Open to suggestions by the way.

Also you think it's legal to have a gun mount attached on my drivers side of my vehicle somewhere near my leg? I know some states are cool with it but how about los angeles? It would obviously be positioned in barely/none visible spot.
This forum is for CCW Co Application discussion. You want to post the above in the CCW Discussion forum, where people with CCWs discuss issues related to EDCing (ďevery day carryingĒ).

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.
Old 06-10-2021, 7:16 AM

ahhh ok... my bad
Old 06-10-2021, 7:46 AM

If youíre concerned about safety..Ditching the motorcycle for a car will be a good first step before obtaining a ccw..

Old 06-10-2021, 9:44 AM

I have two questions:

If you acquire an additional pistol after mailing the application, but before your interview, can you add it at that time?

I have read (somewhere on here or the guide) that there is light green cause related to attending 3-gun matches (frequent transport of high dollar firearms?), or something related to frequent transport of C&R guns (not sure if for gun shows or auctions, or what). Can someone in the know enlighten me on these ideas for use as good cause? Again, I understand they are at best light green.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit31 View Post
I have two questions:

If you acquire an additional pistol after mailing the application, but before your interview, can you add it at that time?
You have until you submit your training certification to finalize the guns you wish to have on your permit. As long as they are registered to you youíre good to go.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:44 AM

Thanks, that is what I was hoping. Anyone have any feedback on the light green cause ideas?
---------------------------
I have read (somewhere on here or the guide) that there is light green cause related to attending 3-gun matches (frequent transport of high dollar firearms?), or something related to frequent transport of C&R guns (not sure if for gun shows or auctions, or what). Can someone in the know enlighten me on these ideas for use as good cause? Again, I understand they are at best light green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal547 View Post
You have until you submit your training certification to finalize the guns you wish to have on your permit. As long as they are registered to you you’re good to go.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:55 AM

Look back at that Colombian guys posts. He has the same LG GC.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Look back at that Colombian guys posts. He has the same LG GC.
Who is the Colombian guy? LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2021, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouscuban View Post
Who is the Colombian guy? LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Colombian is not Cuban.

Maybe it was your anonymity that threw them off.

Old 06-10-2021, 12:28 PM

Is anyone with Greencard applied to CCW and get it yet?
Old 06-10-2021, 12:40 PM

Hey guys, just found this thread.

I had a CCW in San Diego, before moving to LA county. I applied with a similar GC statement as the one that worked in San Diego (work-related, I'm an attorney), but of course updated it to include the fact that I have now had a permit before. Hope the fact that I previously had a permit without issue weighs in my favor.

I mailed in my application via snail mail on April 12. Didn't know you could email it, oops. They cashed the $30 check on May 5. Not sure what date that puts me at, depends on when they received it in the mail I guess? No call yet.

Last edited by meanspartan; 06-10-2021 at 12:57 PM..
Old 06-10-2021, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betfair39 View Post
Is anyone with Greencard applied to CCW and get it yet?
I don’t believe LA county or California in general issues to non Citizens. I remember reading about someone who applied many pages back that was turned down since he was a green card holder. Can’t be positive though. Email the CCW unit and ask.
Old 06-10-2021, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal547 View Post
I donít believe LA county or California in general issues to non Citizens. I remember reading about someone who applied many pages back that was turned down since he was a green card holder. Canít be positive though. Email the CCW unit and ask.
wow such an immigrant-loving state i can own firearms federally but can't get CCW
Old 06-10-2021, 2:57 PM

For people with 1st week of April apps, any updates for the interview?
Old 06-10-2021, 4:42 PM

Completed my interview today. Similar to others, spent a good time chatting with the Deputy about non CCW topics while they were setting up/doing paperwork. Made the vibe more comfortable and relaxed. Provided my additional Good Cause supporting documents and the required documents (ID, proof of residency, etc). Went over the application to either add info, clarify information, or further explain my experiences/situations that supported my Good Causes. Finally answered what seemed like a standard set of questions that are similar or related to what is on the application.

Deputy said that I was a good candidate for CCW and provided the Livescan sheet. Said that they won't waste your money and time with a Livescan if they didn't think you had a good chance. Also stated that the process is always evolving so there is no guarantee due to the ever evolving process. Explained that the interviewer doesn't decide and that the application goes at least 2 or 3 levels above them for review and approval. Even said the Sheriff himself has a part in looking or reviewing applications.

Was told the process from Livescan to CCW permit pickup is about 3 months. Said that DOJ Livescan is taking about 6 weeks at this point. Also said not to take training until instructed to do.

They seemed very busy with back to back interviews. Be patient everyone, it seems like they are doing their best to process these. But overall, fairly straightforward process.

*Those with expunged records, disclose them no matter how old they are or if you were a minor! They said those will show up regardless and people make the fatal mistake by not disclosing it.

Again, thanks to this thread for getting me this far.

• GC: Light Green
  • Delivered - 3/25
  • Checked Cashed - 4/15
  • Email to LASD inquiring status - 5/28
  • Email from LASD confirming application received - 5/31
  • Call for interview - 6/8
  • Interview - 6/10
  • Livescan - 6/10
Old 06-10-2021, 4:44 PM

Does anyone here have any idea how long it takes the DOJ to actually send the CCW unit the results of your completed live scan? Was told my livescan that was completed 5/28 hasnít been received by CCW unit. (They received all but Firearm portion) thanks.
Old 06-10-2021, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Daniel24 View Post
Does anyone here have any idea how long it takes the DOJ to actually send the CCW unit the results of your completed live scan? Was told my livescan that was completed 5/28 hasnít been received by CCW unit. (They received all but Firearm portion) thanks.

Hmmm did u check ur status on the doj website ? You said ur live scan is completeÖ

Old 06-10-2021, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinhTran1 View Post
Hmmm did u check ur status on the doj website ? You said ur live scan is completeÖ

It is completed yes. But the DOJ has to either mail or email the results to the requesting agency. I spoke them, they donít have my firearm portion yet.

Old 06-10-2021, 4:50 PM

Quote:
It is completed yes. But the DOJ has to either mail or email the results to the requesting agency. I spoke them, they donít have my firearm portion yet.

OhÖ well Iím not sure how they work but when my complete I got the email for training on the same day.

Old 06-10-2021, 5:00 PM

Daniel,

It was taking 6 weeks to clear.

My wife got hers done in 3 weeks. (22 days)
Old 06-10-2021, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Daniel,

It was taking 6 weeks to clear.

My wife got hers done in 3 weeks. (22 days)

Clear as in for the CCW unit to receive from date of completion? My livescan was fully complete 5/28.

Old 06-10-2021, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Clear as in for the CCW unit to receive from date of completion? My livescan was fully complete 5/28.

So did you received the email for training ? I saw a few peoples on here got live scan complete and still havenít received anything for the training.

Old 06-10-2021, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinhTran1 View Post
So did you received the email for training ? I saw a few peoples on here got live scan complete and still havenít received anything for the training.

I actually am doing the training and live scan before getting a call for an interview. Iím
Hoping that having everything ready when/if I get called will speed up the process.

Old 06-10-2021, 5:09 PM

Immediate to CCW unit. It is as emailed.

They are just back logged.
Old 06-10-2021, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Immediate to CCW unit. It is as emailed.

They are just back logged.

I think he did everything ahead before the interview so is gonna be hard on the timeline.

Old 06-10-2021, 6:13 PM

Colombian....**** I knew something felt wrong about that...Cuban! Check the Cuban's post!
Old 06-10-2021, 7:06 PM

Aww man i don't remember the deputy saying not to take the training till instructed.. i made arrangements and already paid to take the training this sat. Anyone else take the training in advance? And were they cool with it when they found out you took the training in advance?
Old 06-10-2021, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevwess View Post
Aww man i don't remember the deputy saying not to take the training till instructed.. i made arrangements and already paid to take the training this sat. Anyone else take the training in advance? And were they cool with it when they found out you took the training in advance?

A lot of people confidence that they will pass the background and get approve so they went ahead and take the training. If you confident then nothing wrong to take them earlyÖ.