Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 06-10-2019, 7:57 PM

Default Nevada Renewal needed, where should I go?

I need to renew and was hoping for some feedback on the places that offer courses? I usually stay in Vegas/Henderson when I'm visiting Nevada.

What do you recommend?

Thanks

NRA Benefactor
CRPA Life Member
GOA Member
Old 06-11-2019, 10:36 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Do you actually need a class to renew? Genuine question as I don't know and the 5 minutes I allotted myself to Google-fu expired with the question unanswered. (I did find the renewal form which makes no mention of new training, but perhaps there are other requirements outside the form).
Old 06-11-2019, 10:40 AM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortelli View Post
Do you actually need a class to renew? Genuine question as I don't know and the 5 minutes I allotted myself to Google-fu expired with the question unanswered. (I did find the renewal form which makes no mention of new training, but perhaps there are other requirements outside the form).
Yes, absolutely need a class and requal to renew a NV permit. It must be done in NV and you also must take the paperwork to the Sheriff's office and fill out the renewal form there. Sort of a hassle but only every 5yrs. Otherwise if you don't worry about gun free school zones, you can get an AZ permit by mail which is honored in NV.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:08 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
Yes, absolutely need a class and requal to renew a NV permit. It must be done in NV and you also must take the paperwork to the Sheriff's office and fill out the renewal form there. Sort of a hassle but only every 5yrs. Otherwise if you don't worry about gun free school zones, you can get an AZ permit by mail which is honored in NV.
Good to know.

And I confess, I somehow mis-read this post as being about an AZ non-resident permit, and my Goggle-fu time was spent entirely on AZ renewals. After seeing your post, I revisited the AZDPS and learned that no renewal training required for AZ.

So I managed to fail in numerous ways: (i) misreading OP's post as about a different state; (2) not initially finding a straightforward answer re no need for class on AZ permit before finding it second go-round; and (3) really having no good advice for OP about a recommended course for his NV renewal. Probably time to log off and watch Women's World Cup action to disengage the brain a bit.
Old 06-11-2019, 7:58 PM

I should have been more specific in my OP. Yes, just need the renewal class and would appreciate a recommendation. Renewal is 4 hours plus range qualification

One of the issues I'm having with research is the out of date websites and websites that don't look legit. Few list class schedules and some don't even have a phone number. I'd like to go somewhere that has a good reputation with guys that actually know how to shoot. Some of those tourist trap ranges scare me. I don't want to be around a bunch of idiots during their first time at the range renting an MP5.

I'm actually hoping to find a class on a Friday but I"m also willing to pay extra for a private class. Friday morning is ideal but I will also go on a weekend. That just means I might need a separate trip to go to LV Metro.

NRA Benefactor
CRPA Life Member
GOA Member
Old 06-24-2019, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member

I had the same issue as far as finding a class that fit my schedule.

I ended up taking a PTO day on Wed, drove in Wed morning to 702 range, took the all day class, stayed one night, and then turned the app in the next day (Thursday). Made it back to San Diego in 4.5hrs.

There were people in my class that were renewing and they got to leave half way through the class, being that they didn't have to do the live fire.
https://www.therange702.com/classes-...-permit-class/

I know you've been finding different info - but that was my experience. Good luck.