Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 01-09-2019, 12:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Default 6 months for Oregon CHL appointment

Well in two weeks (ha ha) I'll be able to carry once again in OR.

Had no idea (at the time) it took this long. be sure to get your appointments scheduled in time, before your permit runs out.
Old 01-10-2019, 8:18 AM

Location: Up in the hills, above the beach in the foggy redwoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano3467 View Post
Well in two weeks (ha ha) I'll be able to carry once again in OR.

Had no idea (at the time) it took this long. be sure to get your appointments scheduled in time, before your permit runs out.
You must be referring to the months long wait for renewing your CHL with the Klamath County Sheriffs Office...

The Lake County Sheriffs Office and Grant County Sheriffs Office in Oregon allow 'walk-in' applications/ renewals for a Non-Resident Concealed Handgun License. That is why I went with applying thru the Lake County Sheriffs Office, for my Oregon Non-Resident Concealed Handgun License.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:25 AM

Yep, I need to head up to Oregon too for dropping my chl one of these days.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:54 AM
Veteran Member

I got my OR CHL from the Klamath Sheriff, which I renewed last year. If I understand correctly, if I move I need to go back to change my address. Since I will be moving to Northern ID this year, I would like to find a county in NE OR that will issue to out of state residents without a long wait or preferably no wait. Does anyone know if it is a simple process or will I have to apply as if I never had an OR CHL in any of the NE OR counties?
Old 01-12-2019, 9:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
I got my OR CHL from the Klamath Sheriff, which I renewed last year. If I understand correctly, if I move I need to go back to change my address. Since I will be moving to Northern ID this year, I would like to find a county in NE OR that will issue to out of state residents without a long wait or preferably no wait. Does anyone know if it is a simple process or will I have to apply as if I never had an OR CHL in any of the NE OR counties?
Grant county does walk ins and they process non resident CHL’s.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:36 PM

Stick with Lake or Grant County....
Old 01-26-2019, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member

Klamath SO is tiny with a small staff and they only do certain hours. That said, the ladies are ultra friendly and quick with processing. Mine took 14-15 days from drop off until I had permit in hand.
Old 02-27-2019, 9:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Grant county comes here to Idaho to process apps for us en masse. We had over 100 people at my permit party. Pretty awesome. Got it in a few weeks. Not sure how renewals are going to work as this is my first Oregon CCW. Guess I’ll find out in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2019, 6:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxdiver View Post
Grant county comes here to Idaho to process apps for us en masse. We had over 100 people at my permit party. Pretty awesome. Got it in a few weeks. Not sure how renewals are going to work as this is my first Oregon CCW. Guess I’ll find out in a few years.

How do we get them to come to CA?
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Colt Series 70 1911
Sig Sauer West German P228
Glock Gen5 19/17/34 MOS
Old 03-07-2019, 7:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
How do we get them to come to CA?

I believe they used to come to Ca and offer the same service, but someone from Ca screwed it up for everyone else and they said no more.

Old 03-07-2019, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt Leatherneck View Post

The Lake County Sheriffs Office and Grant County Sheriffs Office in Oregon allow 'walk-in' applications/ renewals for a Non-Resident Concealed Handgun License. That is why I went with applying thru the Lake County Sheriffs Office, for my Oregon Non-Resident Concealed Handgun License.
Yep pretty easy at Lake CO. Last year while on a Northern CA motorcycle ride I thought what the heck and popped over the State line, walked in and applied for mine NR license. Three weeks later it showed up in my mail box...
Old 03-07-2019, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldveteran View Post
Yep pretty easy at Lake CO. Last year while on a Northern CA motorcycle ride I thought what the heck and popped over the State line, walked in and applied for mine NR license. Three weeks later it showed up in my mail box...
What documentation did you need?
Old 03-07-2019, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienHobo View Post
Not very much I think 4 pages in all.

I had the OR permit in mind before my ride and contacted the Sheriff's office a few weeks prior to taking off.

Heather (541-947-6027 is the lady that takes care of the permit process and sent me everything I would need.
Old 03-09-2019, 8:36 PM

Location: Up in the hills, above the beach in the foggy redwoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldveteran View Post
Not very much I think 4 pages in all.

I had the OR permit in mind before my ride and contacted the Sheriff's office a few weeks prior to taking off.

Heather (541-947-6027 is the lady that takes care of the permit process and sent me everything I would need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienHobo View Post
oldveteran gave the LCSO number for Heather - the only Civil Deputy at the Lake County Sheriff's Office. Call her and make sure she will be in the office when you want to do a walk-in CHL application.

Here is the 5 page application for a Lake County CHL (resident and non-resident use the same form) in pdf format

http://www.lakecountyor.org/lakecoun...n_Fillable.pdf

Plus you will need proof of weapon qualification in either a DD-214/ hunter safety with live fire/ or I used my most recent CCW requalification certificate, and proof of address using my PG&E bill and voters registration.

When I was there in September 20 I needed besides the application - my valid California Drivers License, my California CCW License, a certified copy of my birth certificate, and the other documents listed above.
Old 03-09-2019, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt Leatherneck View Post
oldveteran gave the LCSO number for Heather - the only Civil Deputy at the Lake County Sheriff's Office. Call her and make sure she will be in the office when you want to do a walk-in CHL application.

Here is the 5 page application for a Lake County CHL (resident and non-resident use the same form) in pdf format

http://www.lakecountyor.org/lakecoun...n_Fillable.pdf

Plus you will need proof of weapon qualification in either a DD-214/ hunter safety with live fire/ or I used my most recent CCW requalification certificate, and proof of address using my PG&E bill and voters registration.

When I was there in September 20 I needed besides the application - my valid California Drivers License, my California CCW License, a certified copy of my birth certificate, and the other documents listed above.
Great info! Thanks for posting.