Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 02-27-2019, 9:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Idaho constitutional carry for all

Just a heads up, but we are trying to amend our constitutional carry provisions here in Idaho to all legal Americans, not just Idaho residents. Constitutional is Constitutional. If this passes, all legal Americans can carry concealed in Idaho without a government permission slip. I’ll update as the bill progresses. Huge thanks to my friend and fellow patriot Representative Christy Zito for sponsoring this bill. She is a true friend of the 2A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2019, 11:30 AM
Banned in Amsterdam
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Always glad to hear good news from Free America.

I've been thinking I may relocate to Idaho after the wife and I retire. Then it would be "Every day is a Saturday - in Free America".

Makes me smile...

"Shot placement trumps all."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
Who uses 9mm for SD? Anything less than a 50BMG is stupid to use. Personally, I prefer canister rounds out of a 10lb Parrott rifle for SD.
Old 03-06-2019, 9:17 AM

That's cool. We're in Idaho once a year, so this would be nice.
Old 03-06-2019, 1:41 PM

AZ and CA CCW’s are both good currently. Great job by ID .gov. My wife and I can’t wait to be there full time. We just speed up our 5 year plan to Jan 2021.
Old 03-10-2019, 7:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Update. The bill has been changed to expand constitutional concealed carry to Idaho residents aged 18-21. The portion of allowing non residents to permitless CC in city limits was eliminated.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Update. Bill was supposed to be voted on by the house Monday. Was pushed to today third reading. I’ll be back at the Capitol at 3 when they reconvene. Hopefully it gets voted on and passed, although a dem filibuster would be interesting to watch. They are pissed because the Repub’s are not supporting one of their bills.

Old 03-13-2019, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinjason233 View Post
AZ and CA CCW’s are both good currently. Great job by ID .gov. My wife and I can’t wait to be there full time. We just speed up our 5 year plan to Jan 2021.
Any state's CCW is good in Idaho.

Utah CCW
Handgun 101
NRA Basic Pistol
Private Instruction

Classes are held statewide

www.whitesofeyes.com
(209) 330-3900
Old 03-13-2019, 4:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Update. Dems keep f-ing with it. Not voted on today because they are pissed they are not getting support for one of their bills. This is such a freaking simple extension to our constitutional carry provisions. ALL it does is extend constitutional carry to 18-20 yo’s within city limits. They can already open carry anywhere they want. If they are oc-ing and put a jacket on, they are suddenly breaking the law. They can also get a CCW as well which nullifies the whole issue but Constitutional is Constitutional. Back again tomorrow to support my Reps who work hard to keep Idaho free and great.

Old 03-14-2019, 6:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Voted on and overwhelmingly passed in the house and on to the senate. Only holdups and nay votes came of course from the Boise liberal Representatives.

Old 03-22-2019, 9:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Senate hearing supposedly this Monday. Lots of Idaho 2a supporters to attend, including myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2019, 9:24 PM
Banned

God I love this state.

But we must stay vigilant. At least our politicians are pro 2nd amendment and vocal about it.

Its probably all because we can't surf and ski in the same day.
Old 03-23-2019, 6:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns and guitars View Post
God I love this state.

But we must stay vigilant. At least our politicians are pro 2nd amendment and vocal about it.

Its probably all because we can't surf and ski in the same day.

As do I and yes we must! Suggest joining Idaho second amendment alliance if you haven’t already. Greg does some great work. Don’t hesitate to email the reps and thank them for their stance on pro 2A. They are very approachable and appreciative of feedback. Take care brother.

Old 03-25-2019, 6:03 AM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

I'm a little confused, so with the current bill non-residents cannot (permitless) ccw in "city limits", are we talking about just Boise, or any incorporated city? Just a curiosity thing, I know I'm good anyplace there with my permit but just wondering about the logistics for fellow riders when we ride through your state.
Old 03-25-2019, 2:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
I'm a little confused, so with the current bill non-residents cannot (permitless) ccw in "city limits", are we talking about just Boise, or any incorporated city? Just a curiosity thing, I know I'm good anyplace there with my permit but just wondering about the logistics for fellow riders when we ride through your state.

Correct, non residents cannot permitless conceal carry in Idaho.
This bill originally was going to try and ameliorate that restriction, but didn’t have enough support currently. So the bill now is just tidying up Idaho’s permitless carry laws for state residents, specifically those aged 18-21. Currently an Idaho resident over 21 may permitless conceal carry or open carry without a permit anywhere in the state, city or rural. 18-21 year olds may permitless open carry anywhere in the state, and permitless conceal carry everywhere except city limits. So basically a 20 year old open carrying isn’t allowed to put on a jacket in Boise without a permit, but I can. That’s what’s getting fixed. It passed senate hearings today with a recommend to approve and a full senate vote. I hope my explanation makes sense. If it doesn’t please let me know so I can try and unwind it for you. I was there again today to support it but didn’t end up testifying. I have an enhanced CWP and encourage anyone wanting to carry in Idaho do the same. This bill is more of a Constitutional statement for me, and therefore, I support it 100%. Adult age is recognized as 18. It’s nice to hear a Senator say, “it’s the Idaho way”.

Old 03-25-2019, 3:53 PM
CGN Contributor

So what about SJR 101, where does that stand?
Old 03-25-2019, 4:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
So what about SJR 101, where does that stand?

It failed to pass in the house, fortunately.

Old 03-26-2019, 6:48 AM
CGN Contributor

As another Kalifortistanian looking to possibly relocate to Idaho, your updates are helpful, thank you.
Old 03-26-2019, 8:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
As another Kalifortistanian looking to possibly relocate to Idaho, your updates are helpful, thank you.

Please feel free to message me any time if you have any questions or need any information and I’ll do my best to help you out.

Old 03-27-2019, 3:37 PM
Calguns Addict

I was in the Senate today, and Idaho HB206, recognizing the protected civil rights of 18-21 year olds to permitless constitutional carry anywhere in Idaho, passed overwhelmingly 28-7 in the Senate. The usual suspect liberal Senators from Boise and Pocatello were the Nays. It now goes to the Governor for his signature. Another victory for gun rights in Idaho. It’s been great being part of this since its inception.

Old 03-27-2019, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxdiver View Post
I was in the Senate today, and Idaho HB206, recognizing the protected civil rights of 18-21 year olds to permitless constitutional carry anywhere in Idaho, passed overwhelmingly 28-7 in the Senate. The usual suspect liberal Senators from Boise and Pocatello were the Nays. It now goes to the Governor for his signature. Another victory for gun rights in Idaho. It’s been great being part of this since its inception.

That's great news although 21 is 5+ decades in my rear view mirror. I'll have my enhanced license end of April after I've satisfied the 6 months residency requirement. It would be nice if they removed the gray area where if you don't get the "ordinary" CCW license you can't technically conceal in a vehicle, but you can put the loaded gun on the seat.
Old 03-27-2019, 7:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
That's great news although 21 is 5+ decades in my rear view mirror. I'll have my enhanced license end of April after I've satisfied the 6 months residency requirement. It would be nice if they removed the gray area where if you don't get the "ordinary" CCW license you can't technically conceal in a vehicle, but you can put the loaded gun on the seat.

Congrats. Yes enhanced is definitely the one to have. I actually got the regular one as soon as I moved here, got it in 6 days. Then 6 months later got my enhanced. This was an important fight mostly because it sends a message that Idaho supports constitutional carry for all legal adult Idahoans. Originally it was to be all legal Americans, but baby steps. We didn’t have enough support for that right now.

Last edited by nitroxdiver; 03-27-2019 at 8:30 PM..
Old 04-03-2019, 11:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Signed by Governor Little April 2nd. Done deal. Goes into effect July 1. Another win for Idaho 2A.

Old 06-30-2019, 1:13 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Congrats. Yes enhanced is definitely the one to have. I actually got the regular one as soon as I moved here, got it in 6 days. Then 6 months later got my enhanced. This was an important fight mostly because it sends a message that Idaho supports constitutional carry for all legal adult Idahoans. Originally it was to be all legal Americans, but baby steps. We didn’t have enough support for that right now.

I will be moving to Idaho in about 10 days. Do you know if the 6 mo period applies to those that already have a non resident enhanced permit?
Old 06-30-2019, 7:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Congrats on your move. I do not know the answer to your question. You can ask them at the DMV when you get a new DL, which you can do immediately. At the very least, if they won’t convert your non resident Idaho enhanced CWP to a resident Idaho enhanced CWP right away, and you have to do the 6 month residency thing first, just get a regular Idaho CWP in the mean time which you can do immediately. You’d lose some reciprocity with some states for a bit, but for Idaho the regular has all the same benefits as an enhanced “in state”.

Good luck and please lmk how it works out for you. Our DMV’s are run by the county here. Very nice and helpful employees has been my experience. They are getting a bit more crowded due to people moving here and also folks migrating over to the real ID star card which requires a DMV visit. When you go to DMV, there is a little ticket dispenser. One of the selections on the screen is for CWP’s. They have dedicated personnel to handle processing weapons permits. They do prints, picture, etc all at the office.

Old 07-01-2019, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
I will be moving to Idaho in about 10 days. Do you know if the 6 mo period applies to those that already have a non resident enhanced permit?
If you have, for example, a California CCW license there is no waiting period. Unfortunately, I threw out my CA license the day after I moved. I suppose I could have request a letter from my CA IA, but didn't bother. I'm going into the DMV this week to do the paperwork for the Enhanced License. Main reason is Oregon is spitting distance and I need the Enhanced license to get an OR license. A local range has an in-house session 2-3 times a year so no need to even drive to OR.

If you have the non-resident enhanced you must have a CA license so you're good to go.

Last edited by rdtompki; 07-01-2019 at 5:32 PM..
Old 07-02-2019, 7:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
A local range has an in-house session 2-3 times a year so no need to even drive to OR.

Im guessing it’s the same range where I got my oregon ccw last year.
They do a great job. We had over a hundred people there getting them when I went. Bring some food, you’ll be there a while unless you get in super early.

Old 07-02-2019, 7:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
When I moved here in 2015, I was unaware of the 6 month requirement. I showed the Sheriff my CA permit and he said "Well ****, if your good enough for them, you are good enough for us.Process it."
Old 07-02-2019, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Im guessing it’s the same range where I got my oregon ccw last year.
They do a great job. We had over a hundred people there getting them when I went. Bring some food, you’ll be there a while unless you get in super early.
That would be Independence Indoor Shooting, Meridian, ID.
Old 07-02-2019, 1:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
That would be Independence Indoor Shooting, Meridian, ID.

Same.

Old 07-21-2019, 8:33 PM

Must be nice to live in free America and have constitutional rights.
Old 07-21-2019, 9:14 PM

Did anybody else notice how free America is Mormon LDS country. AZ was settled by the Mormon as is everything from ID to AZ.
Old 07-22-2019, 7:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmithson View Post
Did anybody else notice how free America is Mormon LDS country. AZ was settled by the Mormon as is everything from ID to AZ.

They make really good neighbors. A lot of my neighbors are LDS and most are doctors, dentists, or other medical professionals. No complaints here. I have a number of close LDS friends now that I live here. Some are more into it than others that’s for sure. There are a number of pages in their playbook that I subscribe to, particularly prepping for emergency self sufficiency. Living in LDS land there are tons of resources available for preppers. This is a very conservative, patriotic, and religious area, not just LDS.

Old 07-31-2019, 9:44 PM

is idaho experiencing ex californians voting for the same crap that made them flee CA in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-31-2019, 10:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
is idaho experiencing ex californians voting for the same crap that made them flee CA in the first place?
I'd say yes to some degree, but I'd judge plenty more are sick of CA's demo love affair and are voting republican. Demo native American lady in last governors race was trounced.

To say that republican LDS senator and reps generally control the legislature is not off base...far better than the demo's controlling CA's law makers imo.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran