Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 04-17-2019, 6:50 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Overnight at Point Reyes

Just did a small backpacking trip over the weekend to Point Reyes. Used to go here all the time when I was in scouts years ago. Since then I had only been a few times since its such a hassle to get permits with 6+ month waiting lists for places like Wildcat Campgrounds. Luckily for me my friend did the hard work and asked me to come!

This time of year Point Reyes is in bloom for wildflowers which my fiance loved. I knew this meat the place would be packed haha. Thankfully once you got away from the visitor center it wasn't bad. From the Visitor center to Wildcat its like 6 miles. But we split off so I could check out the damage to Arch Rock. So it adds a few miles, nothing bad. Ticks were out in force! Poison oak started to creep to the trails and stinging nettles were in abundance.

Once we made Wildcat camp, it was actually pretty nice, the fields of mustard kept the view of the other campgrounds isolated. Still wish they would put goats out here or something.

View of Wildcat campgrounds:

The path to our campground:

We hoofed to Alamere falls another mile away. That place is packed now since you can reach it from the road, still the little lady got her photos.
My visible abs, 5.11 shirt and First Lite Pants scarred off the snowflakes so the bae could get her dumb photo. Hehe waterfalls looked great though!

With that we had some chow and tons of alcohol (I brought unfiltered Sake). Chow was asian themed, so steamed veggies and dim sum haha!

All in all a good trip and the first backpacking of the year. I think I am going to switch away from my Mystery Ranch 60L. Its only 2 or 3 years old and it was a terrible pack, fabric ripping, **** placement of their compression straps and lower hip belt for my size, and bad zippers. Their backpacking ones are made in vietnam. Not the USA like their military packs...but you will be hard pressed to find that info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_DSCF1055_ps1.jpg (98.4 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1086_ps1.jpg (97.9 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1073_ps1.jpg (90.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1046_ps1.jpg (97.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1080_ps1.jpg (91.2 KB, 58 views)
Old 04-17-2019, 6:56 AM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1081_ps1.jpg (101.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1009.jpg (87.4 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1094_ps1.jpg (104.5 KB, 50 views)
Old 04-17-2019, 8:14 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

How many Ticks?
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, lefties will have brought it upon themselves. I value freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of governance they have to offer, which offers no freedom and complete servitude to the state.

Old 04-17-2019, 8:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
How many Ticks?
About 5 that I saw. Worst part is there was both the big and small ones.