Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-07-2018, 1:23 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZB View Post
I think submitted is not exactly the same as the final legally registered letter.

But, you can take a chance, especially if coming across a barney fife.

Kinda like my senior mother, she had her license suspended by the DMV safety dept. She had to go to the DMV hearing officer, officer sends her a letter afterward to perform a driving test, even if she passed the test at the DMV, she still cannot drive right after, until she later receives an official letter from the DMV hearing officer stating that she can now drive.
Not really the same thing, since she lost a privilege, and then had to try to get it back. I've never lost the "privilege," and I have proof that I've followed the rules for maintaining it. Yes, a douchebag LEO could make life difficult for me...but I have the feeling that he would find a reason regardless of whether the gun was registered or not. And they would lose in court, with a good chance that my legal fees are paid by a pro-2A group since "guilty because of government delay" would be an egregious violation of my rights (and in the best interest of all California gun owners to see that I don't lose the case).
Old 09-08-2018, 8:46 AM

I submitted my application on June 3rd, and I'm still waiting to hear back. It's kind of low-key stressing me out. All I've received is my receipt of payment for the transaction, but on the site, it tells me my info is "In Progress." I guess I'm still playing the waiting game.
"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military." - William S. Burroughs

Current collection: SIG P239, SA XD40sc, M&P Shield 9mm, SA 1911 Mil-Spec, Wasr-10, Mossberg 500, Ithaca M87, Yugo M59 SKS, M/N M44

Last edited by Lexicon Devil; 09-08-2018 at 8:52 AM..
Old 09-08-2018, 9:10 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon Devil View Post
I submitted my application on June 3rd, and I'm still waiting to hear back. It's kind of low-key stressing me out. All I've received is my receipt of payment for the transaction, but on the site, it tells me my info is "In Progress." I guess I'm still playing the waiting game.
There are people who submitted as far back as March who are still waiting, so don't stress just yet.

Also, they are still actively processing apps, people were reporting approvals as recently as yesterday. It's not time to raise any alarms until we stop hearing about new approvals, but at this point there's no indication that DOJ plans to stop processing them before they're finished. They're just slow... It's a state agency, so it is what it is.
Don't panic. MOST people who registered AWs are still waiting. They didn't lose your app or forget about you, they are just REALLY SLOW. If there's a problem with your app, they'll tell you. Otherwise, all you can do is wait.

2018 CA Legislation Quick-Reference & Statuses

Old 09-08-2018, 9:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
There are people who submitted as far back as March who are still waiting, so don't stress just yet.

Also, they are still actively processing apps, people were reporting approvals as recently as yesterday. It's not time to raise any alarms until we stop hearing about new approvals, but at this point there's no indication that DOJ plans to stop processing them before they're finished. They're just slow... It's a state agency, so it is what it is.
You're right; Thanks for the words of encouragement & hope.
"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military." - William S. Burroughs

Current collection: SIG P239, SA XD40sc, M&P Shield 9mm, SA 1911 Mil-Spec, Wasr-10, Mossberg 500, Ithaca M87, Yugo M59 SKS, M/N M44
Old 09-08-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post

Emphasis on slow. I suspect there has been a reduction in staff assigned to BBAW application processing. They may be down to a single staff member, based on delays in responding to applicant submissions in follow-up to Incomplete notices.
Old 09-09-2018, 9:02 AM

Yesterday a Saturday at 3 pm I had 5 cfars notices come in. 3 incompletes and 2 informing me that 2 of my rifles are good to go. Didn't expect they would be in on a saturday processing regs..
Old 09-09-2018, 1:45 PM
1911 Aficionado
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshire View Post
Yesterday a Saturday at 3 pm I had 5 cfars notices come in. 3 incompletes and 2 informing me that 2 of my rifles are good to go. Didn't expect they would be in on a saturday processing regs..
That's a good thing. Based on my own experience, submitted corrections seem to land in a different cue, and get processed within a few days.
Old 09-09-2018, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Press Check View Post
That's a good thing. Based on my own experience, submitted corrections seem to land in a different cue, and get processed within a few days.
How recent was your experience with fast processing? Others have not had the few day processing experience, especially with recent submissions.
Old 09-09-2018, 4:33 PM
Veteran Member

Have we got an update on the number of people and registered assault weapons?
Old 09-09-2018, 5:00 PM

I submitted one 80% self built bullet button rifle with features in the early morning of June 29 and have not heard anything since. My application remains “in progress.”

Just chiming in my experience to provide reference for those who submitted a similar application.
Old 09-09-2018, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless View Post
Have we got an update on the number of people and registered assault weapons?
Maybe this may give you a rough estimate

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...717-story.html
Old 09-10-2018, 5:40 PM

I submitted registrations on June 12. Got CFARS correction emails on Aug 23. Made the requested fixes that day: a few pictures and specific model names (i.e. they wanted MP instead of M&P).

Got another CFARS correction email on Aug 30 for one of them and a few more emails said the rest were processing and to check postal mail. Made the requested fixes for the final rifle that day. Then received the final processing email to check postal mail on Sept 4.

My DOJ letter came today with all rifles listed including the last one. My CFARS still says "IN PROGRESS".
Old 09-10-2018, 7:41 PM

Registered 6/28. CFARS correction#1 notification 8/13, correction #2 8/16, received today. Probably took a little longer, as it's a Yugo NPAP M85 pistol
Old 09-11-2018, 8:16 AM

submitted 6/19

email for one correction today and completion email for another
Old 09-12-2018, 12:20 PM

Submitted two on 5/29.

Got the approval letter for both on 9/1. No other notifications and no corrections.
Old 09-13-2018, 9:07 AM

When I log on to CFARs it now prompts me that my password will expire on 9/28 and needs to be changed. I wonder if they will process mine before then?
Old 09-13-2018, 9:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamVIP View Post
When I log on to CFARs it now prompts me that my password will expire on 9/28 and needs to be changed. I wonder if they will process mine before then?
I wouldn't bet on that scenario occurring.
Old 09-13-2018, 9:41 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
Just change your password now. It's easy. Enter your old password, then enter your new password twice, click "ok". Bingo bango, done. Then they won't bug you about it for another 75 days or so.

If you let it expire, it can be a pain to reset it, sometimes requiring a phone call.
Don't panic. MOST people who registered AWs are still waiting. They didn't lose your app or forget about you, they are just REALLY SLOW. If there's a problem with your app, they'll tell you. Otherwise, all you can do is wait.

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 09-13-2018 at 9:45 AM..
Old 09-13-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I waited till 1 day before to change my password as well as help the wife change her's. It was easy to do. Didn't want to wait till it expired and make it a bigger process.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:06 AM
Veteran Member

I have a feeling they “lost” applications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
So suck it HK, If I wanted an $800 pistol with a crap trigger I would just go buy 2 Glocks.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:43 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
Originally Posted by chead View Post
I have a feeling they “lost” applications.
People are panicking way too early. They're still actively processing apps, and in no particular order whatsoever. So there's no reason to assume that anyone's aren't going to get processed eventually.

The nice thing about the internet-only application requirement (the only nice thing), is that there's accountability now. They can't claim they never received it, or they couldn't read it, or any of the other nonsense excuses that might happen if they accepted mail-in apps.

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 09-14-2018 at 11:45 AM..
Old 09-14-2018, 3:27 PM

About three months and all are still marked "In Progress" with no comments and no emails. Also, several makers that were not on the list at the time of Reg are still not added to their database. I'm just waiting until they get around to processing them and just keep checking regularly.
Old 09-14-2018, 6:39 PM

I sent one in mid June and just got the letter yesterday.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2018, 6:57 PM

I'm now 2 1/2 months into the process and still says In Progress.
Old 09-15-2018, 3:12 AM

6/10 submitted initial joint registration applications for a BB AR and an AR Pistol (BB also, both were built up from DROS'ed lowers), email confirmation within a day that the applications were received. Email about needed corrections/additional photos 8/20, correction rounds 1 and 2 and co-registrant clarifications resubmitted 8/30, approval for primary registrant 9/8, approval for secondary co-registrant 9/11.

(In CFARS/CRIS of both primary and secondary registrant, the transaction history still says "In Progress" despite approval letters being received)

Last edited by DCNB; 09-15-2018 at 3:17 AM..
Old 09-15-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcd511 View Post
I'm now 2 1/2 months into the process and still says In Progress.
Got you beat by 2 months.... There are some who have both of us beat.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:02 PM

Applied in April. Corrected some points in late July. Still In Progress.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:14 PM
1911 Aficionado
CGN Contributor

As of today, all of my submissions are approved.
Old 09-15-2018, 8:50 PM

Just got my final approval email today as well from original submission on May 22nd and last picture update sent 7/19!
Old 09-16-2018, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Just got my final approval email today as well from original submission on May 22nd and last picture update sent 7/19!
I am glad for you, but I am frustrated with my circumstance where I submitted before you did and have nothing but silence to show for my efforts.
Old 09-16-2018, 4:09 PM

When I did my factory rifles/pistols, and needed to submit corrections, I got all my responses back the next day. on August 28th, I received correction e-mails for my 80% pistols with CAL DOJ assigned numbers for new pictures and other minor stuff. Because of work, I sent in the corrections on August 31st. I have yet received a response from BOF.
Old 09-16-2018, 8:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Submitted a bunch of registration requests during the last week before the cutoff. All firearms were factory guns, and all but a couple were post-2013, meaning that they were already registered with the state as part of the DROS process.

Mid August, received the "you'll be notified by US mail" emails for all but one. That one, an "assaulty pistol", was kicked back for not checking second handgrip. I fixed and resubmitted the next day.

Received physical registration papers for all but the assaulty pistol around the beginning of Sept. ( I've been out of state for the last few weeks. )

All registration requests still show "in progress" in CFARS. No apparent movement on the pistol in the last month.

-- Michael
Old 09-18-2018, 10:44 AM
I need a LIFE!!

• Filed for 1 "BB AW" reg June 27 2018. Nothing kicked
    back, no questions/problems, submission's existence
    was acknowledged by CFARS.

Relevant gun was a pretty standard 308 AR carbine with a
    telestock, PG, etc. The submitted photos were good quality
    and on the "full length photo" I also included a yardstick
    in photo placed parallel to gun to show over 30" overall
    length.

• received CFARS email acknowledgement Aug 25 2018
    that application was "processing"

• received DOJ reg letter early last week.

The letter added the "new BB AW" to the list of the existing
    fleet of my SB23/Kasler RAWs.

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBrowningfan View Post
How recent was your experience with fast processing? Others have not had the few day processing experience, especially with recent submissions.
Been two months on corrections for me and no word.

If you buy a gun from me and fail to pass background, I will keep at least 50% of the sale price to compensate me for the time you've wasted of mine (sale and failed sale pickup), so if you're in doubt, don't buy my guns.
Old 09-18-2018, 4:25 PM

If you are wondering why....

……..the only sounds heard for the last 3 months from the CFAR's office is no more …….

Its so quiet there that it even killed the cricket.