Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:25 AM

Default Holster Shops near OC

Hi everyone,

I just signed up for my CCW training course for next week, and need a holster. I ordered a Tier 1 holster last month but it won’t be ready in time.

Are there any brick & mortar holster shops in and/or around Orange County? I recall a thread of a member here making holsters, but I unfortunately did not subscribe to the thread. I believe he/she was working out if another retail store in south OC.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I’ll check them out this weekend.

Thank you for your time.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:36 AM
Calguns Addict

Holster for which gun?

iTrader
Old 06-10-2021, 11:18 AM
This page left blank
CGN Contributor

Training class? Or qualification class? If qualification you can go to a gun store and grab a cheap uncle Mike's for you gun.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
Holster for which gun?
Class says I need to bring all guns going on my permit, but holster for primary, which will be a HK USP 45 Compact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jben View Post
Training class? Or qualification class? If qualification you can go to a gun store and grab a cheap uncle Mike's for you gun.
Class for my mandatory training certificate.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthracite View Post
Class says I need to bring all guns going on my permit, but holster for primary, which will be a HK USP 45 Compact.

Ah, if I owned that one, I’d let you borrow a holster. Hopefully someone can chime in and help.

I’d say, since it’s a common gun, check Sportmans (Corona) online or your local range to see if they carry that holster. Uncle Mike’s may not be suited well if you’re running drills.

Who are you taking the class with?

iTrader
Old 06-10-2021, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
Ah, if I owned that one, I’d let you borrow a holster. Hopefully someone can chime in and help.

I’d say, since it’s a common gun, check Sportmans (Corona) online or your local range to see if they carry that holster. Uncle Mike’s may not be suited well if you’re running drills.

Who are you taking the class with?
Wow 9Cal_OC, that is incredibly kind gesture of you and I sincerely appreciate it.

I have other firearms that are going to be listed on my permit, but the class specifically requested a holster for my "primary" firearm, which to be honest at this point may not even be the USP as I have no actually carried it yet.

Worse case scenario I am confident I can find a holster for a M&P Shield as I know that is very popular.

I am taking the class with https://www.trbtraining.com/society-forza/ . I have no personal references with them besides the coincidence that my workout trainer knows one of them, we met by chance at the gym. They also do their live fire training at Rahaauges, which is the range I frequent the most.
Old 06-10-2021, 3:47 PM
Calguns Addict

A Shield holster should be way easier to find. In any case, I have an Alien Gear one you could borrow if you don’t find it.

Plus, with ammo, 9 is a bit easier and cheaper to get than .45. That USP is a chunky monkey.

You should be fine with them. I can assure you most in your class will be shooting with a Shield, so if things go awry with mags, I’m sure they may have loaners.

iTrader
Old 06-11-2021, 7:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

That seems like a strange request. Oddly enough, there is no requirement to draw from a holster for your CCW. If there was, they would require a holster for each gun you intended to qualify with.

It may be worth a quick call to your range/instructor and ask them to clarify this. It may be their own personal requirement...in which case you could at least explain your holster is on order and won't be here in time, and can they waive the requirement. And/or they may have one you can borrow.

Fighter Pilot
Old 07-26-2021, 10:48 PM

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to provide an update for any future Calgunner(s) looking for the same thing. Here are FFL/Stores that have a variety of holsters available:

- ShootSocal (Concealment Express)
- Rifle Supply (Safariland)
- Turner's (BlackHawk)
Old 07-31-2021, 11:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I just signed up for my CCW training course for next week, and need a holster. I ordered a Tier 1 holster last month but it won’t be ready in time.

Are there any brick & mortar holster shops in and/or around Orange County? I recall a thread of a member here making holsters, but I unfortunately did not subscribe to the thread. I believe he/she was working out if another retail store in south OC.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I’ll check them out this weekend.

Thank you for your time.

If you were in riverside I got about 40 holsters, revolver speed loader holders, and ammo belts for a variety of guns you could try. Leather and nylon type. Revolver and semi auto. I don’t even have guns that fit them. These were trial and didn’t like it holsters, some were just I’ll pick up this holster cause it’s a good price, came with a gun or trades or given to me. I really should put them up for sale
Old 08-11-2021, 8:13 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to provide an update for any future Calgunner(s) looking for the same thing. Here are FFL/Stores that have a variety of holsters available:

- ShootSocal (Concealment Express)
- Rifle Supply (Safariland)
- Turner's (BlackHawk)
Thanks for the mention

Our Fullerton store is Open!
714.242.5400 - Info@ShootSoCal.com
10-6 Monday- Saturday, No Appointment needed.
1139 S Placentia Ave Fullerton CA 92831

Glock Optic Cuts Glock, M&P, Shield, CZ and 1911 Starting $125

FFL TRANSFER $50 / Ammo $25

We are hiring GUNSMITH position

Factory Trained and Certified CERAKOTE Applicator.

View our Online Gun Store here!
Old 08-11-2021, 9:38 PM

I make custom Kydex holsters and mag carriers, IWB and OWB. You can check out my work on Instagram @kydexkraft. I’m in Costa Mesa and can whip something out in a few days. I’ll PM you my cell number. Call or text me if you’re interested.