Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 08-17-2022, 10:16 AM

Trying to help a few others out at the moment who live in cities like Monrovia, Pomona, Whittier - according to the link below from LASD, they are contracted cities. So this means they can still go to LASD and do not need to apply to their local PD as of 8/1, correct?

https://lasd.org/wp-content/uploads/...NTS_120120.pdf
Old 08-17-2022, 10:26 AM

ProRoad- looks like we are in the same timeframe, hopefully we receive our call before the end of the month. Feeling like there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 08-17-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneBramage77 View Post
Trying to help a few others out at the moment who live in cities like Monrovia, Pomona, Whittier - according to the link below from LASD, they are contracted cities. So this means they can still go to LASD and do not need to apply to their local PD as of 8/1, correct?

Yes that is correct, as confirmed by 2 redditors on caguns. The only cities that are affected are those that do not have a CCW agreement with LASD.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:12 PM

Quote:

This is NOT CORRECT. This document is dated 12/01/20. It’s out dated. Contract cities are gain, those that have LASD patrolling them like Lynwood, Malibu, Lakewood, Paramount etc.

If the city has its own police department, you must apply with them directly as mentioned before.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic_Up_Consulting View Post
This is NOT CORRECT. This document is dated 12/01/20. It’s out dated. Contract cities are gain, those that have LASD patrolling them like Lynwood, Malibu, Lakewood, Paramount etc.

If the city has its own police department, you must apply with them directly as mentioned before.
No that is incorrect. If a city that has it's own Police Department and does not have an agreement with LASD to process CCW's, then you must apply to your local PD. I know LASD website does not state this explicitly, but I confirmed with two residents of Monrovia and Hawthorne that successfully submitted applications to LASD after 8/1.

But yeah, contract cities refers to those that are patrolled by LASD, not those that have a CCW processing agreement.
Old 08-17-2022, 2:05 PM

So to clarify - all of the cities on that list (and shown again below) are still to apply w/ LASD?

Old 08-17-2022, 2:10 PM

Quote:
So to clarify - all of the cities on that list (and shown again below) are still to apply w/ LASD?

I hit the link and it did not open

I support the 2nd Amendment
NRA Life Time Member
Old 08-17-2022, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterpilot View Post
I hit the link and it did not open
Trying to insert the link as an old school hyperlink and maybe it'll work..

Here : https://lasd.org/wp-content/uploads/...NTS_120120.pdf

If that doesn't work - it includes cities such as : Alhambra, Azusa, Baldwin Park, Bell Gardens, Beverly Hills, Claremont, Covina, Culver City, Downey, El Monte,Gardena, Glendora, Hawthorne, Huntington Park, La Verne, Long Beach, Monrovia, Montebello, Palos Verdes Estates, Pasadena, Pomona, San Gabriel, Santa Monica, Sierra Madre, South Pasadena, Vernon, West Covina, Whittier.

Seeing as Medic Up Consulting is probably the leading CCW instructor in town I believe he is probably correct, but have also been reading about people from some of these locations successfully submitting after 8/1.. or do some of these cities now have different CCW agreements?

Trying to help clarify for everyone.
Old 08-17-2022, 2:31 PM

Quote:

Yes, so it seems
Old 08-17-2022, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Trying to insert the link as an old school hyperlink and maybe it'll work..

Here : https://lasd.org/wp-content/uploads/...NTS_120120.pdf

If that doesn't work - it includes cities such as : Alhambra, Azusa, Baldwin Park, Bell Gardens, Beverly Hills, Claremont, Covina, Culver City, Downey, El Monte,Gardena, Glendora, Hawthorne, Huntington Park, La Verne, Long Beach, Monrovia, Montebello, Palos Verdes Estates, Pasadena, Pomona, San Gabriel, Santa Monica, Sierra Madre, South Pasadena, Vernon, West Covina, Whittier.

Seeing as Medic Up Consulting is probably the leading CCW instructor in town I believe he is probably correct, but have also been reading about people from some of these locations successfully submitting after 8/1.. or do some of these cities now have different CCW agreements?

Trying to help clarify for everyone.
All those cities should be good to go through LASD. LA city for example, you'd have to go to LAPD being that they do not have a CCW processing agreement, nor is it a contract city (patrolled by LASD)
Old 08-17-2022, 3:43 PM

Note - I called Downey PD last week about CCW and they said that they will be handling it again because the Sheriff pushed it back to them. Unfortunately they do not have the CCW dept setup or the man power to do it at this moment. No timeline on when they will have it up but they’ll accept applications, it’ll just sit in a file cabinet.
Old 08-17-2022, 4:56 PM

how long everybody taking to get the proceed to training email?
July 25 - Called by Deputy for an interview, scheduled for 8/4
August 4 - Interview completed
August 4 - Livescan Done
August 9 - CA/FBI Completed
August 12 - Firearms Completed
Old 08-17-2022, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanpt View Post
Note - I called Downey PD last week about CCW and they said that they will be handling it again because the Sheriff pushed it back to them. Unfortunately they do not have the CCW dept setup or the man power to do it at this moment. No timeline on when they will have it up but they’ll accept applications, it’ll just sit in a file cabinet.
DPD shut it down in 2020 and closed fingerprinting, everyone that tried to apply were referred to LASD.
Old 08-17-2022, 6:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
how long everybody taking to get the proceed to training email?
Called my Cali friends waiting for their Training emails. One of them had their Livescan completed 07/25, the other 08/01. They are both at 15 months since they dropped off their application in Monterey Park at the front desk the second week of June 2021. I told both to get their training done, they completed it last week. Still waiting for the slow motion LASD to send them their Training emails.
Old 08-18-2022, 8:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect View Post
Called my Cali friends waiting for their Training emails. One of them had their Livescan completed 07/25, the other 08/01. They are both at 15 months since they dropped off their application in Monterey Park at the front desk the second week of June 2021. I told both to get their training done, they completed it last week. Still waiting for the slow motion LASD to send them their Training emails.

Yeap. I cleared firearms on 8/8 and I am waiting. Im on month 9 since I started.
Old 08-18-2022, 8:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA123 View Post
Yeap. I cleared firearms on 8/8 and I am waiting. Im on month 9 since I started.
Doesn’t hurt to follow up via email to let them know firearms cleared. But be polite and include your ATI# for their convenience. Phrase it like, “all three sections of my livescan (ATI#) cleared back on 8/8, I was wondering if there’s any aid I can provide to move forward in this process”

I did something to that effect the day after I noticed my firearms section cleared and I got a proceed to training email later that day. LASD is my IA btw, ymmv.
Old 08-18-2022, 9:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwarang View Post
Doesn’t hurt to follow up via email to let them know firearms cleared. But be polite and include your ATI# for their convenience. Phrase it like, “all three sections of my livescan (ATI#) cleared back on 8/8, I was wondering if there’s any aid I can provide to move forward in this process”

I did something to that effect the day after I noticed my firearms section cleared and I got a proceed to training email later that day. LASD is my IA btw, ymmv.

did you send that email to ccw_unit@lasd.org? thanks!

Application sent 7-29-21
Application received & signed for 8-2-21
Check cashed 9-10-21
Got call for interview 4-26-22
Interviewed 5-12-22
live scan process started 5-12-22
live scan completed 7-29-22

Last edited by CCW LA County hopefull; 08-18-2022 at 9:22 AM..
Old 08-18-2022, 9:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbix View Post
Yes that is correct, as confirmed by 2 redditors on caguns. The only cities that are affected are those that do not have a CCW agreement with LASD.
FWIW, Gardena PD had a contract agreement with LASD that LASD would process all CCW requests for Gardena residents. This was the written policy displayed on Gardena PD website until approx 1 week ago (and well after Aug 1, 2022).

I called Gardena PD to double-check that this was still current policy, and they said no - LASD rescinded the agreement and asked Gardena PD to start processing on their own as of Aug 1.

So I am now in process with Gardena PD directly.

Also, FWIW: I applied for Livescan on 8/17 using Gardena request form. All three checks were completed by 8/18. So there appears to be some hope for those of us just getting started on the process.
Old 08-18-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegetry View Post
FWIW, Gardena PD had a contract agreement with LASD that LASD would process all CCW requests for Gardena residents. This was the written policy displayed on Gardena PD website until approx 1 week ago (and well after Aug 1, 2022).

I called Gardena PD to double-check that this was still current policy, and they said no - LASD rescinded the agreement and asked Gardena PD to start processing on their own as of Aug 1.

So I am now in process with Gardena PD directly.

Also, FWIW: I applied for Livescan on 8/17 using Gardena request form. All three checks were completed by 8/18. So there appears to be some hope for those of us just getting started on the process.
Interesting. I guess the agreements were in fact rescinded and whoever accepted those applications made a mistake.
Old 08-18-2022, 10:17 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Had my buddy do that, the CCW Unit responded they had not received the results yet. He called DOJ, DOJ said LASD received the results electronically the same day it cleared. His cleared almost 3 weeks ago. The CCW Unit is so far behind they are just saying they don't have it, probably because they haven't looked for it yet.
Old 08-18-2022, 2:32 PM

Quote:

THANK YOU I am going to try this.
Old 08-18-2022, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA123 View Post
THANK YOU I am going to try this.
I quickly got the following response:

"DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

We are waiting to receive your live scan returns from the DOJ. We will contact you once we receive and review them."
Old 08-18-2022, 7:39 PM

The regimes latest attempt to stop us.

https://oag.ca.gov/system/files/medi...ag-2022-03.pdf
Old 08-18-2022, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbix View Post
I confirmed with two residents of Monrovia and Hawthorne that successfully submitted applications to LASD after 8/1.
Can you please provide more details?

It's my understanding that our applications will sit on a pile for months until someone from the CCW unit can start to actually review them. If that's the case, then simply stating that people in non-contract cities "successfully submitted applications... after 8/1" can mean many different things.

Do we have actual confirmation that these applications are good to go? For example, did these people have their applications hand delivered via courier service to the head of the CCW unit who provided written, notarized confirmation that LASD was still accepting applications from those cities?

Or do we at least have reason to believe that the applications survived a cursory review? For example, did they mail in their applications and saw that their checks cleared? (Assuming, of course, that LASD will only deposit our checks after determining that all eligibility requirements are met...)

Or does "successful submission" simply mean that they dropped off their applications at their local station and they weren't immediately shooed away with a broom?

Without knowing where on this spectrum "successfully submitted applications" actually falls, it's difficult to make any meaningful conclusions.
Old 08-18-2022, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejpark7429 View Post
Can you please provide more details?

It's my understanding that our applications will sit on a pile for months until someone from the CCW unit can start to actually review them. If that's the case, then simply stating that people in non-contract cities "successfully submitted applications... after 8/1" can mean many different things.

Do we have actual confirmation that these applications are good to go? For example, did these people have their applications hand delivered via courier service to the head of the CCW unit who provided written, notarized confirmation that LASD was still accepting applications from those cities?

Or do we at least have reason to believe that the applications survived a cursory review? For example, did they mail in their applications and saw that their checks cleared? (Assuming, of course, that LASD will only deposit our checks after determining that all eligibility requirements are met...)

Or does "successful submission" simply mean that they dropped off their applications at their local station and they weren't immediately shooed away with a broom?

Without knowing where on this spectrum "successfully submitted applications" actually falls, it's difficult to make any meaningful conclusions.
You're absolutely right. There's a lot of conflicting information going around.

On the caguns subreddit one user said they submitted it in person at hall of justice and LASD accepted it. Another user said they got clarification from LASD that they are good to go. Clarification from who exactly is unknown.
Old 08-18-2022, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrange3 View Post
The regimes latest attempt to stop us.

https://oag.ca.gov/system/files/medi...ag-2022-03.pdf
such a joke. deny the right to legally exercise a guaranteed right, then don't overturn convictions on people simply exercising the right that you illegally denied. and also ban them from essentially ever being able to exercise it legally, for violating an illegal law
July 25 - Called by Deputy for an interview, scheduled for 8/4
August 4 - Interview completed
August 4 - Livescan Done
August 9 - CA/FBI Completed
August 12 - Firearms Completed
Old 08-18-2022, 10:47 PM

Submitted application back in October 2021 (Torrance resident).
Had department interview and submitted live scan on 7/14/2022.
Cleared firearms on 08/09/2022.
Still waiting to receive training email.
Old 08-19-2022, 11:57 AM

A few of us are at week 5 of the 2-4 week wait for pickup. It's very frustrating, it feels more like the CCW unit just stood down in this final phase. I try not to let it color my days but for several months, it has.
Old 08-19-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRoad View Post
A few of us are at week 5 of the 2-4 week wait for pickup. It's very frustrating, it feels more like the CCW unit just stood down in this final phase. I try not to let it color my days but for several months, it has.
We were so close.. yet so far.. (Sigh)
2/2/22 - FBI complete
2/9/22 - CA complete
4/12/22 - Firearms complete
5/26/22 - Request for more GC information (LG/Yellow)
7/13/22 - Proceed to training
7/17/22 - Emailed training docs back
7/20/22 - Docs received email
Old 08-19-2022, 12:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRoad View Post
You are not the only one, you should hear my friends complain about it. Both are at 15 months and counting. You are farther along than they are, yet applied over a month later than they did, which shows the lack of supervision in the unit to insure the applications are processed as they were received. While Sheriff V led the way in issuance, sadly it appears to be short lived. They have both said they won't be voting for him in November.