Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-08-2022, 1:30 PM

How is this not a first amendment violation?
There is no week nor day nor hour, when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their supreme confidence in themselves -- and lose their roughness and spirit of defiance -- Tyranny may always enter -- there is no charm, no bar against it -- the only bar against it is a large resolute breed of men.

-Walt Whitman
Old 08-08-2022, 1:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrix View Post
How is this not a first amendment violation?
Because Gavin is super good looking.

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamala Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 08-08-2022, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInOroValley View Post
So good that U-HAUL ran out of trucks in California.

https://www.uhaul.com/Articles/About...Of-2021-26380/

"California remained the top state for out-migration, but its net loss of U-Haul trucks wasn’t as severe as in 2020. That can be partially attributed to the fact that U-Haul simply ran out of inventory to meet customer demand for outbound equipment."
Old 08-08-2022, 6:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilveradoColt21 View Post
Everyone hates Newscum, he's a complete tool that has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to firearms laws.
And yet he will handedly win reelection this November. That's how dumb this state really is. They don't care who is in office as long as a (D) is elected.

It comes to no surprise that he has signed every single gun control legislation that reached his desk. Even MoonBeam is more pro gun than he is.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 08-09-2022, 7:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
And yet he will handedly win reelection this November. That's how dumb this state really is.
Or maybe the election was already decided long before the polls open.
Old 08-09-2022, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morthrane View Post
Or maybe the election was already decided long before the polls open.
Is it cheating? Or is the California electorate really that stupid? Likely a bit of both.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post
Is it cheating? Or is the California electorate really that stupid? Likely a bit of both.
100% guarantee you it won't require corruption to get Gavin re-elected.

He's too good looking to lose, especially in his prime demographic(s).

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamala Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 08-09-2022, 11:08 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
100% guarantee you it won't require corruption to get Gavin re-elected.

He's too good looking to lose, especially in his prime demographic(s).
Never forget, the average Californian is a gullible Commie, idealistic, easily swayed by mass media, is terrified of guns and gun owners, through single party rule brainwashing.

I've lived here my entire life and believe it or not, California used to be part of America.

Gav Boy could win this state with his eyes closed, we already saw that during the recall. I don't even think he had to cheat on the recall, the California electorate is that low IQ and brainwashed, he didn't need to cheat.

Old 08-09-2022, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
"“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… “To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.”
– Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788
If I'm not mistaken that's some text, history, and tradition right there.
Old 08-09-2022, 4:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Welp, OP, I am sure the feeling is mutual. After all, he has done a great job leading these lemmings in the effort to eradicate this once great state of guns, gun owners and all things gun related. Except for his security detail…that part is OK….
Old 08-09-2022, 5:32 PM

Capybara said, "I've lived here my entire life and believe it or not, California used to be part of America."

Me too. I'm a fourth generation Californian. My family has been here since the 1880s. It's only been in the last twenty years that it got really bad. Oh, sure we had some crazy legislation pushed by the bay area, but the majority of Californians were perfectly reasonable people. It's only been in the recent past that the mass illegal immigration and school indoctrination took hold. This should be a warning to the other states.

Watch out Texas. Watch out Arizona. The borders are open. This can happen to you too!
Mauserguy
Old 08-09-2022, 5:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
.......if you like reptiles.
CRPA Member

....."He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance."

Declaration of Independence, 1776
Old 08-09-2022, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featureless View Post
.......if you like reptiles.
Thats insulting to the reptiles
Old 08-10-2022, 8:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauserguy View Post
It's only been in the last twenty years that it got really bad.
The writing was on the wall as far back as Reagan and the Black Panthers.

Cancer just takes a while to systemically threaten the whole body.
Old 08-10-2022, 8:31 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by morthrane View Post
...Cancer just takes a while to systemically threaten the whole body.
And the rest of the Republic

Oregon
Washington
Nevada
Idaho (in process)
Colorado
Texas (in process)
Tennessee (in process)
Arizona (in process)

Add in the First Vice Lap Dancer and the incoming greasy Gav Boy into Washington and things don't look good for the future of America.

Old 08-10-2022, 10:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Capybara said, "I've lived here my entire life and believe it or not, California used to be part of America."

Me too. I'm a fourth generation Californian. My family has been here since the 1880s. It's only been in the last twenty years that it got really bad. Oh, sure we had some crazy legislation pushed by the bay area, but the majority of Californians were perfectly reasonable people. It's only been in the recent past that the mass illegal immigration and school indoctrination took hold. This should be a warning to the other states.

Watch out Texas. Watch out Arizona. The borders are open. This can happen to you too!
Mauserguy
These type of laws will happen in ALL states if no red wave in Nov and Senate filibusters don’t gain traction
Old 08-10-2022, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Ugh. No he’s not. He’s creeps me out.
Old 08-10-2022, 2:28 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
Ugh. No he’s not. He’s creeps me out.
Women vote in much larger numbers than men. Most women who vote are in a demographic that sickeningly finds him "sexy" and "good looking". There's no accounting for taste.

He's a piece of crap, horrific human being, known consort of gang kingpins and convicted murderers, unrepentant alcoholic, serial public adulterer, and overall piece of diseased bacteria. Doesn't matter what the facts say or what you and I think. Women could elect him President of the United States. And even if they don't, the DNC may "make sure" he wins anyway.

Old 08-10-2022, 4:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
Women vote in much larger numbers than men. Most women who vote are in a demographic that sickeningly finds him "sexy" and "good looking". There's no accounting for taste.

He's a piece of crap, horrific human being, known consort of gang kingpins and convicted murderers, unrepentant alcoholic, serial public adulterer, and overall piece of diseased bacteria. Doesn't matter what the facts say or what you and I think. Women could elect him President of the United States. And even if they don't, the DNC may "make sure" he wins anyway.
That's one of the reasons Bill Clinton was elected. He was good looking when he first ran.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
contact the governor
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 08-10-2022, 4:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Mauserguy
I've been here my entire life as well. This state is just stupid on a level that cannot be described. It's sad though this state has it all. It's just ran by idiots who don't care about it.

contact the governor
NRA Life Member.
Old 08-10-2022, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Toast View Post
That POS Newscum signed SB 2571 banning the marketing of guns to minors by manufacturers and others in the firearms industry.

As usual, there are no limits Democrats will go to in order to silence those who don't agree with them.

Escondido Fish & Game didn't want to get fined so the board canceled its junior rifle, junior pistol and junior trap programs (until this cluster is sorted out).

Seems to me Democrats don't mind violating the First Amendment to silence gun manufacturers and programs or any other people that disagree with them and their agenda.

How many got off their asses to protest this in Sacramento? I am sure you all had to work, its ok... good slaves to the debt!
Old 08-11-2022, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post
CA is a solid blue state. No cheating is needed for Newsom to easily win reelection. The ill fated recall probably ended up leaving Newsom in a stronger position. Whatever chance Newsom had of being recalled went up in smoke when Larry Elder became the undisputed front runner to replace Newsom. We are stuck with this guy (Newsom)
Old 08-11-2022, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakosf View Post
CA is a solid blue state. No cheating is needed for Newsom to easily win reelection. The ill fated recall probably ended up leaving Newsom in a stronger position. Whatever chance Newsom had of being recalled went up in smoke when Larry Elder became the undisputed front runner to replace Newsom. We are stuck with this guy (Newsom)
^^^ This.

California has the highest urban percentage of people in the US and generally politics tends to follow, in general. Republican gubernatorial candidates only do well in California if fiscal conservatism is the primary issue (Arnold (easy recall of Davis), Wilson (49/45 over Feinstein), Deukmejian (close over Bradley)).