Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 11-27-2019, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alx_cee137 View Post
Good evening everyone,

I work in the medical field and I am taking my class this weekend. I have not began the process due to the fact that I am waiting to at least turn in the certificate and also I am having a hard time on my good cause statement. I don't know if I am overthinking it, but so far I have an outline done. For those who have said to specify on the good cause for self defense. Well here's a bit of my reasoning.

I work and live in the same city as my employer (well within a 5 mile radius). My health facility services everyone from the most humble person, to the worse criminal you could think of. I am constantly threatened by 5150 patients and by patients who are impatient with the long wait times. I also live in a high crime area for the city statistics provided by RCSO to the crimereports and I can also see the that quality of life around the businesses that I frequent are not the best. On my days off when shopping around the city I tend to run into patients, some which I have avoided crossing paths with due to their violent nature they've exhibited at work. Recently, our whole staff including myself within a department were threatened by members of a criminal entity which LE has written down a report on.

My actual good cause is more detailed than this, but any pointers would be helpful.

- this will be sufficient GC
- it's well known that healthcare people are threatened all the time
- in my county the sheriffs even asked the healthcare people to qualify/shoot first on range-day..

- you'll be good to go...

Old 12-02-2019, 9:40 PM

This may sound like a dumb question but is the Sheriff's firearm questionnaire still required to be brought to the interview ? (Not the 12 page DOJ application) I don't see any mention of it in the email I received when I originally signed up online and scheduled my appointment and I also don't see any mention of it on my online CCW profile page.
Old 12-03-2019, 7:38 AM

Was approved last week. Total process was 1 month, 2 weeks and 1 day. I could have got it a little sooner if i would have done the online stuff before taking my class but i wanted to submit everything together. timeline below.

8 Hour course and shooting qualification 10/12
Application submitted 10/14
Interview with Riverside Sheriff 11/14
Live Scan 11/21
Approved 11/26
Picked up CCW 11/27
Old 12-03-2019, 7:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infunny_securityman View Post
This may sound like a dumb question but is the Sheriff's firearm questionnaire still required to be brought to the interview ? (Not the 12 page DOJ application) I don't see any mention of it in the email I received when I originally signed up online and scheduled my appointment and I also don't see any mention of it on my online CCW profile page.
No. I took it all just in case but all they wanted to see when i got there was my driver's license. You also don't need a good cause letter anymore but my interviewer said it doesn't hurt to have one. But you can also submit that on their website. I also took a print out of crime data in the area I live which she personally scanned in to the system.
Old 12-05-2019, 9:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I had my interview: 10-10-19
live scan: 10-22-19
class/qualification: 11-2-19
Now i'm waiting for live scan results to come back. Im getting worried that something is not right, but I have nothing on my record.
Old 12-06-2019, 7:16 AM

This may or may not be the case but I've had my livescan rejected by the DOJ years ago for a different back ground check (not for CCW) due to "poor print quality" (My fingers were very sweaty and my livescan operator seem inexperienced). What ended up happening was I recieved a letter from the DOJ in the mail asking that I resubmit my livescan. After I resubmitted it was approved in about a week.
Old 12-08-2019, 9:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Yeah so I chose to do my live scan at the Moreno Valley office, the deputy that did my prints said that they had the worst machine and itís a pain to use. Of course thatís my luck. The deputy had to lotion my hands and everything, kinda felt weird, haha. Anyway he assured me that it would not affect the results. The ccw deputy said that he sent in a formal request for my results a couple weeks ago, so I guess all I can do it wait. Kinda sucks, but I guess Iíve been living for 38 yrs without a permit so i can wait a little longer lol.
Old 12-09-2019, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkgts1 View Post
Yeah so I chose to do my live scan at the Moreno Valley office, the deputy that did my prints said that they had the worst machine and itís a pain to use. Of course thatís my luck. The deputy had to lotion my hands and everything, kinda felt weird, haha. Anyway he assured me that it would not affect the results. The ccw deputy said that he sent in a formal request for my results a couple weeks ago, so I guess all I can do it wait. Kinda sucks, but I guess Iíve been living for 38 yrs without a permit so i can wait a little longer lol.
https://applicantstatus.doj.ca.gov/

You can check the status of your livescan here. Mine passed in under 24 hours.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:19 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Didnít know that I could do that. Unfortunately it says I have no record. Does that mean someone didnít submit it?
Old 12-10-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkgts1 View Post
Didn’t know that I could do that. Unfortunately it says I have no record. Does that mean someone didn’t submit it?
I dont remember exactly what mine said, but it was along the lines of 3 sections. Something like
"Federal - Cleared
FBI - Cleared
DOJ- Cleared"

If it says no record, I would think it means you entered information incorrectly, it was never inputted by the office, or maybe it has been complete for too long, and it was removed from the status check system. I'd email the CCW unit to verify they have received the results. I dont see why it would take this long if you submitted 10/22.

EDIT: I found my ATI number and checked from my scan in January '19. Says "CA- Completed, FBI- Completed, Firearms- Completed 1/11/19." My ATI number has zeros and Os, make sure they arent being mixed up maybe.

Last edited by demento19; 12-10-2019 at 12:22 PM..
Old 12-10-2019, 5:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Yeah I tried with ď0Ē and ďOĒ with caps on and off lol, still shows the same. I did email the ccw deputy again, which I hate doing because I donít want to be ďthat guy.Ē Anyway last I emailed him was 2 weeks ago and he said the same thing this time. That he put in a formal request for my live scan results and that when he heard back he would let me know. I like the deputy and I think he is cool guy, so Iím taking his word that he is doing it. Even if someone dropped the ball and forgot to submit it, fine all good, I just want to get back on track.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:57 AM

Has anyone added a weapon to their license through Ben Clark Training Facility recently?

Is it still the first Thursday of the month?
I believe it's $100 - do they take personal checks or still only money orders?
Do you just show up at the range?
What time?

Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarosa View Post
Has anyone added a weapon to their license through Ben Clark Training Facility recently?

Is it still the first Thursday of the month?
I believe it's $100 - do they take personal checks or still only money orders?
Do you just show up at the range?
What time?

Thanks in advance for any info.
Best bet is to call up the office to find out for sure.