Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-06-2021, 9:43 PM

I have had my CCW for many years but I am amending it for the first time (adding gun), it has been 7 business days and no update since I submitted all the info. Is this pretty standard? I had thought an amendment would be quick. I am itching to carry my new gun!
Old 04-06-2021, 9:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skkppy View Post
I have had my CCW for many years but I am amending it for the first time (adding gun), it has been 7 business days and no update since I submitted all the info. Is this pretty standard? I had thought an amendment would be quick. I am itching to carry my new gun!
Pre-Covid, it would take a week.

Now, give it about a month as they are backed up.

NRA RSO and Pistol, PPITH, PPOTH Instructor
Old 04-06-2021, 10:35 PM

Default Orange

Last edited by HiiiPower; 04-07-2021 at 7:09 PM..
Old 04-07-2021, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_T View Post
Is there a time limit on a speeding ticket? I ran my dmv record and nothing showed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes you should disclose everything, but to answer your question they just want you to mention any violations/accidents within 5 years. I have a nasty 100mph+ ticket that I received 08/2016, my interview is 09/2021 so I chose not to disclose it in the application; however, when they ask me in the interview again I will clarify my ticket from 5+ years ago
Old 04-07-2021, 1:55 AM

Any licensed Realtors who successfully received their CCW; will they require I be currently actively selling or employed at an office? I recently left my office in search of a closer employer, but I figured it wouldn't be a problem considering A) covid has left people unemployed and B) Is it adequate GC to want to have my CCW prior to attending/hosting and taking my potential clients to listings? Thanks guys!
Old 04-07-2021, 7:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndogg View Post
Yes you should disclose everything, but to answer your question they just want you to mention any violations/accidents within 5 years. I have a nasty 100mph+ ticket that I received 08/2016, my interview is 09/2021 so I chose not to disclose it in the application; however, when they ask me in the interview again I will clarify my ticket from 5+ years ago
Was it cited as an infraction or under reckless driving? If the latter, that’d be a misdemeanor, which separate from traffic, per se.

Old 04-07-2021, 8:39 AM

Quote:
Any licensed Realtors who successfully received their CCW; will they require I be currently actively selling or employed at an office? I recently left my office in search of a closer employer, but I figured it wouldn't be a problem considering A) covid has left people unemployed and B) Is it adequate GC to want to have my CCW prior to attending/hosting and taking my potential clients to listings? Thanks guys!

Not a licensed realtor but you should be able to answer these questions for yourself. Your Good Cause should be an establishment made by you to show how to are more of a target than the general population. I can give you one example but because I don’t know your AO I can’t speak completely for you. Example: because trust is the nature of my business, my work attire includes very high $$$ items like my $20K watch and jewelry etc...This is something very ordinary, but only to people who are not paying attention. One of my good cause is snowboarding trips, very ordinary, but I mentioned that to get the mountain, I have to drive through some very remote area and stay in cabins that are located in rural areas where wild predatory animals are often sighted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Cruz11 View Post
Thank you Bunysloper, and yes sorry I was kinda asking about the handgun since they specify on the OCSD that it should be a concealable handgun that fits on a person or a decently sized bag. Thank you for the reply

Would I have to write the GC in a letter form or how would be the correct way to do that?

No worries, always happy to help. We simply “need more good guys with guns.”

Quote:

Disclose EVERYTHING!!! I cannot stress that enough. I created a thread on here about my hiccup during my interview, for an incident that I thought was traffic nearly 20 years ago. Wouldn’t be a problem at all if disclosed from the initial application. Not that it was a big problem but it’s easier to disclose and discuss during the interview vs having to write a statement after the interview. I ended getting approved 1 hour after sending my statement. But it will show up, if you are not sure, just call them and ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiiiPower View Post
New to this thread. If I currently do not go hiking with my family due to the predatory animals and would feel more comfortable if I had a ccw. Would that be a GC? Also, if I am work in residential multi family real estate. Apartment complex, but work does not require to have a ccw, would that be a GC?
Trying to gauge if I should even go this route.

I can’t speak on the “might” start hiking part, as I really don’t know. For the working in the multi-family real estate properties, are you in a high crime area with lots of transient, anything documented? Does your employer have a no firearm policy? If they do, are you required to do anything off property that might make you a target? Those are questions you should start asking yourself and research crime data in your AO.

Old 04-07-2021, 9:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
Was it cited as an infraction or under reckless driving? If the latter, that’d be a misdemeanor, which separate from traffic, per se.
Didn't get charged as a misdemeanor just infraction
Old 04-07-2021, 9:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnysloper View Post
Not a licensed realtor but you should be able to answer these questions for yourself. Your Good Cause should be an establishment made by you to show how to are more of a target than the general population. I can give you one example but because I don’t know your AO I can’t speak completely for you. Example: because trust is the nature of my business, my work attire includes very high $$$ items like my $20K watch and jewelry etc...This is something very ordinary, but only to people who are not paying attention. One of my good cause is snowboarding trips, very ordinary, but I mentioned that to get the mountain, I have to drive through some very remote area and stay in cabins that are located in rural areas where wild predatory animals are often sighted.
I appreciate the insight brother, I'll be sure to use that example in my statement as well. I'll need to decide whether to find somewhere to hang my RE license in the meantime or not.. may be good to so I at least have somewhere I'm employed on paper for my interview.
Old 04-07-2021, 1:26 PM

Default Good Cause

Hello,

I am curious if anyone knows whether frequent recreational shooting would be sufficient good cause. Since it involves transporting valuable items and could make someone a target for prohibited persons, I figure there is a case to be made. In addition, I often come and go alone and will shoot multiple firearms (long and short) so this may increase my risk above even other shooters. Just wondering if supporting this with receipts from the ranges/pictures etc. would make a solid good cause or would I need something more substantial.
Old 04-07-2021, 1:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBear88 View Post
Hello,

I am curious if anyone knows whether frequent recreational shooting would be sufficient good cause. Since it involves transporting valuable items and could make someone a target for prohibited persons, I figure there is a case to be made. In addition, I often come and go alone and will shoot multiple firearms (long and short) so this may increase my risk above even other shooters. Just wondering if supporting this with receipts from the ranges/pictures etc. would make a solid good cause or would I need something more substantial.
That should work.

Also, indicate value of firearms, any range membership(s) you may have, or affiliations.