Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 07-20-2021, 6:35 AM

Default CZ 527 Carbine .223 Scope Suggestions w/DIP's pic mount?

Well, I'm getting to that age where I need optics to be accurate for distance. Currently, I just ordered DIP's extended picatinny mount for my .223 527 carbine. Now, I'm looking at scopes for informal target use. So far Leupold's VX Freedom 2-7x33 Hunt Plex looks tempting. Also, I'm considering using some type of low mount scope rings with quick release to keep the check weld proper.

Reading from other owners it sounds like the bolt handle runs very close to a mounted scope. If I go to a larger 3-9x40mm scope would there be any issues with it rubbing or hitting anything on the rifle?

Would love to hear what others are using, thanks.

Haynes v. United States - Proves ONLY lawful citizens are targets for gun control.
Old 07-20-2021, 7:04 AM

Sounds like you have chosen a great set up. I have not seen the plex you are looking at, but I am a big duplex fan for hunting. All the clutter of all the hold over stuff, or lack of thick post symmetry that helps draw your eye to center in low light, I am not a fan of. Also most shots (especially with .223) for hunting are most effective inside 250 yards (inside 150 usually)so I use duplex sighted 2 inches high at 100 yds and just put the crosshair on them and your good to 250.

Last edited by theduracellbigd; 07-20-2021 at 7:06 AM..
Old 07-21-2021, 9:03 PM

I have the same carbine but in 76239. Used oem tikka rings and it’s a perfect fit and keeps the scope low. I have a vx 1 2-7x33 and it’s a handy little rifle .
Here is a pic of factory cz rings vs tikka. You be the judge.
https://imgur.com/gallery/3fXm31A
Old 07-21-2021, 9:12 PM

I have heard good things about the Vortex Diamondback scope. Might check them out to see if it suits your needs. F.Y.I.
Old 07-21-2021, 10:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

How far are you shooting?

If you want higher magnification but physically smaller, there are scopes intended for AR's. Not really high quality though.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
How far are you shooting?
300 yards is probably the max. Budgeting around $300 too.

FishnHunt is your scope a Leupold or something else? Is your check weld normal with your setup or a bit high?

BroncoMustang - Vortex seems to be popular but when I see how inexpensive their scopes are compared to Leupold's for my use, I wonder if they are poorly built too? Also, I kinda want to buy American or some other capitalist country than Chinese if possible.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Haynes v. United States - Proves ONLY lawful citizens are targets for gun control.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:20 PM

Yes it’s a leupold vx1.
The cz rings were too high. The tikkas are much lower and it feels right.
If you go vortex, get viper or better or loon through them first.
Their entry scopes just don’t do it for me.
Meopta has a 3-9 in your price point
Old 07-26-2021, 11:38 AM

The Meopta Optika5 2-10 will fit right into your budget. Unfortunately, many other folks have also discovered them and they are tough to find. I have an Optika5 3-15x44 on a custom rifle and it is rock-solid reliable. You won't find a MeoPRo 3-9 in your price range, since they were discontinued 18 months ago their prices have jumped up like used cars these days.