Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 12-03-2017, 6:02 PM
Head Janitor

Default Welcome to the CA Election Forum

Welcome to the CA Election Forum.
No, this is not simply a discussion forum like the National Election Forums have been, this has a larger purpose.

Every year there are elections in our State, ranging from small local offices to larger State-wide offices like the upcoming gubernatorial election. The efforts we’ve made in the past and will make in the future to call, fax, write our Representatives are valuable and do help but we need to do more.

These efforts have limited effect because our ‘Representatives’ don’t really represent us, we need to change that.
We need to start taking and active hand in every election that occurs in our State. We need to find out who is running, where they stand, who supports our rights and who wants to further subjugate them. Once we know we have to pick a candidate to either endorse and support or to oppose. We need to get behind those we support and when possible work towards getting them elected. We need to also try to prevent those we oppose from getting elected.
If we don’t show that gun owners are informed, engaged and willing to act we will lose.
We need to work towards the day when our Representatives ‘fear’ us rather than us ‘fearing’ them. They need to feel that if they try to take our rights we will work to take their jobs.

The purpose of this forum is to start doing exactly that.
This is going to have to be a continuing and local effort. Finding out about the people running for offices in YOUR home town and Districts and making efforts locally to support or oppose them.
Make no mistake, I’m not talking about a simple task, it’s going to take effort and we’re not going to win all the time. We may not win at all at first but we have to try and we have to fight because California is not going to change unless we make it change. Social media has become a powerful tool; it’s time to use that tool. We all have reach in one form or another, it’s time to use that reach to protect our rights.

I might be wrong, there might not be enough people here who care anymore or enough people willing to fight.
However I don’t think I’m wrong at all, I think we’ve all gotten beaten down, disillusioned and unsure if anything we do can make a difference. I think we have more power than we think we do. I think 2018 is a damn good place to start showing that we’re not beaten down, we’re not giving up and win or lose we’re going to keep fighting on every level we can.

I don’t have all the answers and I can’t tell you how we’re going to do each step. But WE have the answers and WE can figure out the steps, working together.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 12-03-2017, 6:04 PM
Head Janitor

One place to start is a simple set of questions we can ask candidates for public office.

Quote:
What is your overall opinion of the Second Amendment?
What is your position on concealed carry?
What is your position on open carry?
What is your position on magazine capacity restrictions?
What is your position on ‘assault weapons’ and the existing ban on ownership?
What is your position on the current California ‘Safe Handgun Roster’?
Do you favor increasing firearms laws in California or favor repealing some or all of the existing laws that go above and beyond existing Federal law?
What California ‘gun control’ laws would you be willing to see repealed?
What California ‘gun control’ laws would you like to see added?
Do you think California’s firearms laws are too lenient, to strict or about right?
I am willing to send these out to any California candidate you suggest under the Calguns.net letterhead.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 12-03-2017, 6:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
One place to start is a simple set of questions we can ask candidates for public office.

I am willing to send these out to any California candidate you suggest under the Calguns.net letterhead.
This is a fantastic offer. The questions should be sent to every candidate for public office if that elected position carries any authority that could be used to affect the 2A rights of those in California.

Thank you for your service to the members of this forum and those who appreciate what the founding fathers tried to protect by enacting the 2A. You are a true patriot.
Old 12-03-2017, 6:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I'm in.

We'll have our hands full keeping pro 2nd incumbents from California seated in Washington. The snowflake lefties up here are in full attack mode against LaMalfa.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 12-03-2017, 6:46 PM
In Memoriam

Since I interact with politicians in L.A. and Sacramento on a regular basis. (When I am at work) I can get info for the cause.

I am hopeful the Dr.'s clear me to return to work in Feb.

Last edited by cannon; 12-03-2017 at 7:52 PM..
Old 12-03-2017, 6:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Since I interact with politicians on a regular basis. (When I am at work) I can get info for the cause.

I am hopeful the Dr.'s clear me to return to work in Feb.
Sorry to hear that you need to be cleared. Wishing you a prompt and complete recovery.
Old 12-03-2017, 7:13 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
Sorry to hear that you need to be cleared. Wishing you a prompt and complete recovery.
Thank you, I really appreciate your kind thoughts. I am hoping for the best.
Old 12-03-2017, 7:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thank you Sir, excellent thread.

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

🇺🇸 ⚔️ 🦅

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 12-03-2017, 8:26 PM

I'm making progress with the Mayor of my town re 2nd amendment rights, I will see if he wants to go shooting with me in the near future.

NRA Member
Old 12-03-2017, 8:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

To paraphrase Abigail Adams, "Remember the (county) sheriffs."

They're the primary issuers of CCWs in this state. They face elections every 4 years. Their next elections are in 2018: June election with a Nov run off election if necessary.

Last edited by Paladin; 12-05-2017 at 2:44 PM..
Old 12-04-2017, 6:36 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I am in a virtual no issue county. I agree with Paladin and would like an effort re the sheriffs.
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 12-04-2017, 8:30 AM

Carl DeMaio isn't running for governor, he is just running a gas tax repeal/constitutional amendment. Travis Allen is running a straight repeal of the gas tax which has fewer hurdles to jump through and is much more possible.

Travis Allen is running for governor, and has a strong 2A record.

He hasn't made many public statements about 2A and hasn't focused heavily on it because it's not part of his core platform. I understand that most people on here are 2A single issue voters, and may be turned off by that, but it's just the reality of running a campaign. His main policy goals involve water storage and clearing out the corruption involved with infrastructure projects so we can actually fix our roads and bridges without it taking years and ears of red tape.

If it means anything to members here, I've shot with him before and he is on our side. On a more political level he hates how the DOJ has been able to expand and control law without oversight from the legislature, and without stealing the whole "drain the swamp" line, he very much wants to get rid of the meddling by government agencies in California.
Old 12-04-2017, 5:33 PM

Gun laws are not the problem in California. Our real problem is the gigantic size of the state government. It can do what ever it wants to and will not have to answer to anyone. The same goes for the local government. No one gets to vote on all the BS that is passed by boards and councils. You get to vote for the stuff that they allow you to. Did you vote on the gas tax, or the fire tax? What about votes that where over turned? The government only understands and respects force.
Old 12-05-2017, 8:30 AM

I'm in. Travis Allen sounds good so far.

Kestryll great thread idea.

I was going to contact Leland Yee to see his views on 2A, I can't find an address for his office though?
Old 12-05-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdrick View Post
I'm in. Travis Allen sounds good so far.

Kestryll great thread idea.

I was going to contact Leland Yee to see his views on 2A, I can't find an address for his office though?
Uncle Leland Yee: “People want to get whatever they want to get. Do I care? No, I don’t care.”

NRA Member
Old 12-06-2017, 10:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdrick View Post
He's working from home. Send correspondence to:

Federal Prisoner 19629-111.
C/O Federal Bureau of Prisons
Federal Correction Center
3150 Horton Rd
Fort Worth, TX 76119
Old 12-06-2017, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member

Repeal the gas tax
Old 12-07-2017, 3:54 PM

Thank you for getting this started. Our efforts today help strengthen the means of future Americans to defend themselves against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic; Our efforts are for generations of Americans.
Old 12-12-2017, 5:30 AM

Thanks for starting the ball rolling on this.
Old 12-15-2017, 8:24 AM

I'm seeing well thought out ideas and good planning.

Where is the "TeaParty for Gun Members packing heat" ?I could help there.

Are ya getting me? Then, I'm in !
Old 12-28-2017, 12:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Other than in rural areas, most CAians don't care about guns at best, or are against them at worst. How do we change that? The best way, proven historically, is by issuing CCWs. As CCWFacts pointed out to me many years ago, NOT ONE state that's gone to Shall Issue has passed an anti gun law since then. While that is no longer absolutely true (e.g., after Newtown, CO passed some anti laws), it still generally is true.

What we need are county level organizations like San Diego has in the San Diego County Gun Owners PAC, to (1) protect/defend incumbent sheriffs who are readily issuing CCWs and (2) to replace sheriffs who aren't. They're also (3) pushing select city PD's CoPs to start issuing or readily issue CCWs too.
http://sandiegocountygunowners.com/
http://sandiegocountygunowners.com/ccw/

Not only do we need such organizations (mostly in the anti CCW counties) for CCWs (which then turns fence-sitter voters into 2nd A activists), but also to protect gun shops, shooting ranges and other RKBA issues. In the City of San Carlos in San Mateo County, the antis successfully stopped a gun store from opening AFTER it was approved by the CoP and City Council. See: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1392134

Old 12-31-2017, 5:45 PM

The above post needs a like button.
I read the whole thread.
I'm in to help out.
Subscribed

Last edited by clb; 12-31-2017 at 5:54 PM..