Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-11-2019, 6:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurdledCheese View Post
Been contacted via phone by an FBI agent of the JTTF in San Francisco.

Update: I won't say anything that has happened since, but I would appreciate it if someone could provide me reputable attorney information.
Why even make this thread if the OP has bowed out of it after building it up?

At least tell us if this was firearms related or not, and you don’t have to go into any details about it at this time. If not, then we’ll move on.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:06 AM
Code Monkey
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM44 View Post
Because this thread is just a
Old 09-11-2019, 11:35 AM

Interesting thread. Only time I have been contacted by anyone from a JTTF or FBI regarding terrorism was in response to contacts that I initiated on that subject. Responses have included calls and an unannounced appearance once at my residence (freaked my wife out). I have also been contacted by FBI for a background investigation of a neighbor who was a Fed. In all cases, to the best of my recollection, they were all straight forward about who they were and what the contact was about. In one case the contact came years after a tip that lead to the arrest of a group of individuals and before the trial for their prosecution.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I called the San Francisco dispatch and they confirmed he is an actual officer, but also refused to provide badge number.
How did you confirm he was the one that actually called you? Joe Crook could know plenty of cops names and just trying to lure you away from your house to come clean out the guns you freely admit you own all over the internet.
Old 09-11-2019, 1:05 PM

Quote:

At least tell us if this was firearms related or not, and you don’t have to go into any details about it at this time. If not, then we’ll move on.
Perhaps OP is now wearing an orange jumpsuit? Kind of hard to reply when your Internet access is cut off.
Old 09-11-2019, 1:17 PM

Quote:

You have to excuse the OP. They have concluded the water boarding on him and have moved on to the electrocution portion of the torture...um, I mean questioning.
Old 09-11-2019, 5:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Once a very very long time ago I was contacted by the FBI. I was given a number to call back, and one that I could verify as a number to an actual fed office building. They asked me a few questions over the phone, and that was that.

I was dumb and foolish, possibly, to not retain legal counsel, but nothing came of it, no harm, no foul.

Knowing what I know now, I'm not sure how I would act it it happened again.

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 09-11-2019, 5:27 PM

Quote:
I called the San Francisco dispatch and they confirmed he is an actual officer, but also refused to provide badge number.
San Francisco dispatch ? you dialed 911 ? Federal Agent inquiary occurs with mail.
A legal paper trail. That did not happen...

Does FBI contact you by phone?
To provide information on select major cases, call our Major Case Contact Center at 1-800-CALL-FBI (225-5324)
Contact Us — FBI

https://www.fbi.gov › contact-us

or....

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field...hreaten-arrest

February 21, 2017
FBI Warns of Phone Scam That Uses the FBI's Name to Threaten Arrest

The FBl’s Pittsburgh Division is warning the public to be on alert for a phone scam that spoofs, or fakes the FBl’s name on the recipient’s voice-mail.

Scammers have targeted residents around the region, claiming to be the FBI stating they are an “officer” of the FBI , Department of Tax and Crime Investigation. The intended victim is told that this is their final notice and that their physical address is under investigation and an arrest warrant has been issued under their name.

The public is reminded that the FBI does not call private citizens threatening arrest or requesting money and to never give out unsolicited requests for personal information to callers that you don't know. Individuals receiving such calls can file a complaint through the FBl’s Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.IC3.gov.

To avoid becoming the victim of a scam:

Always be suspicious of unsolicited phone calls.
Never give money or personal information to someone with whom you don't have ties and did not initiate contact.
Trust your instincts: if an unknown caller makes you uncomfortable or says things that don't sound right, hang up.

For more information about the FBI or to reach a specific FBI Office visit WWW.FBI.GOV
Old 09-11-2019, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
Because this thread is just a
Obvious since the beginning of the thread.. No such thing as FBI dispatch and so called agent never insisted on an interview...
Still ok because everyone is giving advice to everyone else.
Old 09-11-2019, 7:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Here's the part that really stands out making it seem like total BS to me.

Quote:
I asked if this was in regards to the NRA being deemed a Terrorist Organization by the city of San Francisco. He said he is not allowed to comment.
Why the hell would the FBI or anyone else give a rat's hind end what the BOS of SF has to say. They certainly aren't going to act on that statement from them.
Old 09-16-2019, 9:57 PM

How was the coffee OP?
Old 09-17-2019, 7:52 AM

OP has been reassigned continents.