Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-07-2019, 7:23 PM
FilmGuy's Avatar
FilmGuy FilmGuy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 179
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Is regularly wearing a MAGA hat good cause?

Just for discussion...

Would regularly wearing a MAGA hat in areas like San Francisco or West Hollywood, and all of the vitriol & threats it would bring, be enough good cause for a CCW?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-07-2019, 7:34 PM
starlight starlight is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 29
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

no.


















.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2019, 7:40 PM
Mayor McRifle's Avatar
Mayor McRifle Mayor McRifle is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 6,547
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmGuy View Post
Would regularly wearing a MAGA hat in areas like San Francisco or West Hollywood, and all of the vitriol & threats it would bring, be enough good cause for a CCW?
I think that shooting someone in response to vitriol and threats might be frowned upon by your IA. You might just want to stick with “self-defense” or “personal protection” for your good cause statement.
__________________
Anchors Aweigh

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-07-2019, 7:42 PM
maggie06's Avatar
maggie06 maggie06 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ask the NSA
Posts: 509
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmGuy View Post
Just for discussion...



Would regularly wearing a MAGA hat in areas like San Francisco or West Hollywood, and all of the vitriol & threats it would bring, be enough good cause for a CCW?
Yes, cause for rejection.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
__________________
"Let's play tic-tac-toe"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-07-2019, 7:48 PM
starlight starlight is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 29
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie06 View Post
Yes, cause for rejection.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
lolz
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-08-2019, 6:26 AM
nine mil thrill's Avatar
nine mil thrill nine mil thrill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: sacramento, ca.
Posts: 848
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

asshat question.......
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-08-2019, 7:09 AM
FilmGuy's Avatar
FilmGuy FilmGuy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 179
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Good to see all of the deep thinkers were up last night... So how would someone being targeted for attack due to political beliefs be any different than religion or sex? Swap out the MAGA hat for a hijab, yamika or rainbow flag hat.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-08-2019, 7:34 AM
Mayor McRifle's Avatar
Mayor McRifle Mayor McRifle is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 6,547
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmGuy View Post
Good to see all of the deep thinkers were up last night... So how would someone being targeted for attack due to political beliefs be any different than religion or sex? Swap out the MAGA hat for a hijab, yamika or rainbow flag hat.
What does that have to do with good cause for CCW permit issuance, deep thinker? Are people in your county being issued CCW permits for wearing rainbow flag hats?

In most counties in California, including mine, you simply write two words for your good cause statement -- "self defense" -- and you get a CCW permit no matter what kind of hat you wear.
__________________
Anchors Aweigh


Last edited by Mayor McRifle; 09-08-2019 at 7:36 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-08-2019, 7:44 AM
P5Ret P5Ret is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SF Ebay
Posts: 5,064
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

If someone often wear's an article of clothing that could and has in some places triggered a physical attack, it show's more poor decision making skills than a need for a ccw. It is not a religious or cultural article, that would be covered under a hate crime.

I see an interview going something like this.
Q: why do you feel you need to carry a concealed firearm?
A: I often wear a MAGA hat when I'm in ultra liberal location's, and that enrage's some people.
Q: Why don't you make better decision's when going to those area's? I don't think this needs to go any further.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-08-2019, 8:11 AM
Master Blaster Master Blaster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 311
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Please please please apply with this. Then when you leaving your denial interview make you remind everyone there that “you got their six”
__________________
"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-08-2019, 9:11 AM
gr8glfr gr8glfr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 135
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

I don't wear any Trump stuff 'cause I'm guessing that it would be considered a call to violence and a provocation in CA.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-08-2019, 9:24 AM
FilmGuy's Avatar
FilmGuy FilmGuy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 179
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P5Ret View Post
If someone often wear's an article of clothing that could and has in some places triggered a physical attack, it show's more poor decision making skills than a need for a ccw. It is not a religious or cultural article, that would be covered under a hate crime.

I see an interview going something like this.
Q: why do you feel you need to carry a concealed firearm?
A: I often wear a MAGA hat when I'm in ultra liberal location's, and that enrage's some people.
Q: Why don't you make better decision's when going to those area's? I don't think this needs to go any further.


So now swap it with this. So mister Jewish person. Why do you see the need to wear a yamaka when going into some area hostile to your religion? Dear Miss wearing a hijab, you should just take it off when you are in areas that might be hostile to muslims? Why don’t you make better decisions?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-08-2019, 10:54 AM
P5Ret P5Ret is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SF Ebay
Posts: 5,064
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmGuy View Post
So now swap it with this. So mister Jewish person. Why do you see the need to wear a yamaka when going into some area hostile to your religion? Dear Miss wearing a hijab, you should just take it off when you are in areas that might be hostile to muslims? Why don’t you make better decisions?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's an apples and oranges discussion. One is a choice and the other's are religious belief's. Although many believe that wearing a yarmulke is only required during prayer, depending on what sect of Judaism one follow's.

Bottom line is an article of clothing, be it a choice or a religious belief should not be a determining factor in "good cause". Personal defense should be that factor in every county, sadly it isn't though.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-08-2019, 10:56 AM
starlight starlight is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 29
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Religious and political freedoms/protections are different under the law.

Unfortunately you sound like a person purposely looking to provoke someone so you can claim 'self defense' and relish in the fact that you fired upon your political enemy.

I do not want people like you with ccws.

When you have a ccw it means you follow the law, act respectfully dont provoke, and censor and political or ideological view that may reasonably be perceived by others as inflammatory.

Ccw is for good moral character people, not wannabe cowboys.

Do you see off duty cops wearing political or inflammatory clothes?

I'll answer for you: no

With freedom comes responsibly
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-08-2019, 11:01 AM
tomrkba's Avatar
tomrkba tomrkba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Soon to be in the Bay Area Circle Jerk
Posts: 697
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight View Post
Religious and political freedoms/protections are different under the law.

Unfortunately you sound like a person purposely looking to provoke someone so you can claim 'self defense' and relish in the fact that you fired upon your political enemy.

I do not want people like you with ccws.

When you have a ccw it means you follow the law, act respectfully dont provoke, and censor and political or ideological view that may reasonably be perceived by others as inflammatory.

Ccw is for good moral character people, not wannabe cowboys.

Do you see off duty cops wearing political or inflammatory clothes?

I'll answer for you: no

With freedom comes responsibly
Typical authoritarian gun owner. You people are disgusting. The OP was clearly being silly and your response shows that you believe in privilege over an inalienable right. The right exists regardless of your opinion and demand of others to behave as you think they should.

Last edited by tomrkba; 09-08-2019 at 11:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Mayor McRifle's Avatar
Mayor McRifle Mayor McRifle is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 6,547
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrkba View Post
You people are disgusting.
That’s a little extreme, don’t you think?
__________________
Anchors Aweigh

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-08-2019, 11:33 AM
tomrkba's Avatar
tomrkba tomrkba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Soon to be in the Bay Area Circle Jerk
Posts: 697
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
That’s a little extreme, don’t you think?
No. I run into many people who think, and treat, the 2A as an earned privilege. It is this paradigm that enables gun control. Almost uniformly, these sorts of people demand other gun owners behave and “own” as they do. Nothing pisses me off more than some skeet shooting moron complaining about AR-15’s while holding a $5,000+ shotgun. They cannot understand that the Left cannot and will not tolerate either gun. A concealed carry instructor ranting about open carry is even worse...they have economic incentives to ban open carry and keep concealed carry limited. They are vermin!

Humans who think this way are “you people”. Just clarifying before someone misinterprets what I said.

Last edited by tomrkba; 09-08-2019 at 11:40 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-08-2019, 12:06 PM
starlight starlight is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 29
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The law is is the law.

You can talk about "unalienable rights" all you want. California law will show you what's what...

Here in REALITY a ccw must be obtained according to California state law.

It's best to follow that law if the OP is seeking a ccw...

The 2A stuff is political and should be addressed politically if one disagrees.

There are some good YouTube videos of 2A guys demanding ccws because it's their right... it doesn't end well for the applicants.



.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-08-2019, 12:36 PM
FilmGuy's Avatar
FilmGuy FilmGuy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 179
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrkba View Post
Typical authoritarian gun owner. You people are disgusting. The OP was clearly being silly and your response shows that you believe in privilege over an inalienable right. The right exists regardless of your opinion and demand of others to behave as you think they should.
Tom is correct about the intentions of my post. I don't believe Starlight is disgusting, but his assumptions about me are incorrect and his reaction a bit overemotional and authoritarian.

To Stir the pot a bit more, how is one's religion not a choice? Isn't wearing a representation of one's particular faith just like wearing a MAGA hat? It represents something the wearer believes in. I'd even argue that to many on the extreme left, politics is their new religion.

How is fear of being attacked for one's political beliefs less of a reason to want to defend yourself than say a good cause statement of, "I like to go hiking or camping". You can view videos on YouTube of people being assaulted for political reasons, but I don't see many videos of people being attached while hiking / camping.

Last edited by FilmGuy; 09-08-2019 at 12:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-08-2019, 12:41 PM
ARDude's Avatar
ARDude ARDude is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Retired in Northridge, Ca
Posts: 1,790
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Still....not good cause for ccw.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-08-2019, 12:44 PM
starlight starlight is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 29
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

OP...

At the risk of calling you a troll I suggest you try your idea as good cause and see what the issuing authority decides.

Nearly everyone in this thread has stated that the maga hat is not good cause.

Religion and politics may both be choices, but the LAW treats political choice and religion very differently.

Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-08-2019, 1:01 PM
FilmGuy's Avatar
FilmGuy FilmGuy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 179
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I said right in the beginning this topic was just for discussion... Seems to me several folks are wound a little tight and not very open to just having a theoretical discussion. Did I say I was going to use MAGA as good cause? Did I say I was looking to shoot those who disagree with me politically? I bet some of you folks are real fun at parties...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-08-2019, 1:20 PM
Mayor McRifle's Avatar
Mayor McRifle Mayor McRifle is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 6,547
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmGuy View Post
I said right in the beginning this topic was just for discussion... Seems to me several folks are wound a little tight and not very open to just having a theoretical discussion. Did I say I was going to use MAGA as good cause? Did I say I was looking to shoot those who disagree with me politically? I bet some of you folks are real fun at parties...
The answer to your theoretical question is no. And unless people in your county are actually being issued CCW permits for wearing rainbow flag hats, then everything you’ve attempted to discuss after Post #2 is based on a false premise. But if that’s your idea of fun, then party on.
__________________
Anchors Aweigh

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-08-2019, 3:10 PM
Garand Hunter Garand Hunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 531
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Its pronounced " YARMULKA " and no I am not jewish.

Psalm 1
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-10-2019, 11:29 AM
Old_Bald_Guy's Avatar
Old_Bald_Guy Old_Bald_Guy is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 2,901
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmGuy View Post
Just for discussion...



Would... wearing a MAGA hat... be enough good cause for a CCW?


No. But it IS good cause for a full psych eval.
__________________
"Almost every reform movement has a lunatic fringe, but here, the fringe is apparently sane."
― Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-10-2019, 11:31 AM
edgerly779 edgerly779 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: canoga park, ca
Posts: 12,866
iTrader: 89 / 100%
Default

Maybe not good cause but in some places good reason to get shot. (LOL)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-10-2019, 1:17 PM
Tango_Down's Avatar
Tango_Down Tango_Down is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Hill Valley
Posts: 431
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The Maga hat alone will not be enough for good cause. I would add that you often wear a sign board like Bruce Willis in Die Hard.

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-10-2019, 1:25 PM
CessnaDriver's Avatar
CessnaDriver CessnaDriver is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,406
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

We all know it can attract unhinged violent leftists, even the most “progressive” knows they have a violence problem on the left though they may not admit it. You would be effectively setting bait inviting the attack. CCW not supposed to do that. Blend in and be nobody is the goal.
__________________
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic28512_1.gif

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-10-2019, 2:27 PM
The War Wagon's Avatar
The War Wagon The War Wagon is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: da' 'BURGH
Posts: 5,700
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Cool

I don't wear ballcaps, EVER (I'm more of a fedora guy... ).

But IF I DID... it'd BE MAGA!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-10-2019, 11:36 PM
isntzen isntzen is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 391
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight View Post
... I do not want people like you with ccws ...

... censor and political or ideological view that may reasonably be perceived by others as inflammatory ...
So according to you we can exercise our First Amendment rights, or our Second Amendment rights, but not both.

Ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 09-11-2019, 8:15 AM
Harry Ono Harry Ono is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Reminds of the some LA Dodgers Fans who came up to San Francisco to watch a game and attacked a SF Giants Fan. SF Fan was kicked until brain damaged. Should of had a CCW and could have saved himself.

Even Sports Team wears would be called inflammatory.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-11-2019, 10:03 AM
TurboChrisB's Avatar
TurboChrisB TurboChrisB is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 4,636
iTrader: 72 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Ono View Post
Reminds of the some LA Dodgers Fans who came up to San Francisco to watch a game and attacked a SF Giants Fan. SF Fan was kicked until brain damaged. Should of had a CCW and could have saved himself.

Even Sports Team wears would be called inflammatory.
Totally get what you mean.....although it was a Giants fan beaten at Dodger Stadium.

https://www.cnn.com/2014/02/20/justi...ing/index.html
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:18 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.