Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: What are your feelings about Front Sight?
Great Training for Beginners Only. 77 8.18%
Great Training Beginner and Advanced. 634 67.38%
The Quality of Training is Going Down Hill. 21 2.23%
I paid too much for my Membership! 44 4.68%
They will go out of business this year! 22 2.34%
Don't want anything to do with them! 143 15.20%
Voters: 941. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2019, 5:23 PM

Not weird at all.
I leave my sport ears in even for dry practice, I had a student look at me funny for doing so and I said to him, "it's not that I don't trust you guys, but I don't trust you guys."
Old 06-24-2019, 5:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by northridgegun View Post
Sold! When's the best time to go? Summer too hot? Is it all day training?
To echo what others have said, summer and winter aren't the best times as they can sap your energy and take away from the fun of the classes/training. We went at the end of April and it was cool in the morning and it heated up in the afternoon. Sunscreen and covered clothing are vital. Wear layers.

The place runs like a well-oiled machine. VERY organized and everyone is very nice and friendly. Not sure if they still have it, but they had the machine-gun shoot during lunch on the first day. What a hoot!!!
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 06-25-2019, 6:44 AM

Yup, fun gun shoot is still there on day 1 during lunch.
Old 06-25-2019, 7:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi54 View Post
Yup, fun gun shoot is still there on day 1 during lunch.
I wonder if they are now going to change the price of the "fun shoot" now that we have zillions of points to spend. Either that or limit the number of mags you can shoot.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_B View Post
I'm sure some people think I'm weird, but I always have ear pro on when doing "dry fire" manipulation drills at the line. It's not for myself.
Ditto for me.

After 40+ years of shooting (always with hearing protection) and 25 years around running jet engines with some regularity I have significant hearing loss. Particularly high pitched tones and noisy rooms.

I've been riding the line for a few years needing hearing aids and I'm trying to put them off as long as is practical.
Old 06-25-2019, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegunnr View Post
I used a small keychain light on a lanyard around my neck to use as a secondary light for administrative use. A red one would help with night vision. I like my weapons light to be simple on/off, one click, one brightness.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
That's not a bad idea. I agree re the simple on/off. That's why I'm picking up a Malkoff with a twist bezel for high/lo modes. During admin I intend to use it on low. During firing sessions it should activate only on high. Simple clicky tailcap with momentary on functionality.
Old 06-25-2019, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi54 View Post
I keep wanting to take the ATHG with a WML but that just seems to easy so I force myself to use a handheld light for extra practice.
Wouldn't hurt to have both a handheld and WML on you, then you at least have the option to train both methods if you wanted to. I did half and half during the THG night shoot.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXstasy View Post
Wouldn't hurt to have both a handheld and WML on you, then you at least have the option to train both methods if you wanted to. I did half and half during the THG night shoot.
Agreed. I tried WML for a bit, but it was too easy; muay like shooting in daylight