Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2021, 12:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I am the first to admit that God's plans are beyond my ability to understand. But I have faith in what God says and I rely on it. I suspect the answer is yes, but it's God's will; not mine. I defer to the maker.
Old 07-09-2021, 5:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
Except that in May 1948, Israel, as a nation, came back to life. No dead nation has come back to life before. This is different. This is a fulfillment of Ezekiel’s prophecy of the dry bones.

Israel has to exist to fulfill the 70th week of punishment in the book of Daniel. That week is 7 years of tribulation. It is The Great Tribulation.
And again, the Great Tribulation happened a long time ago. There is nothing left but for Satan to be unchained for a bit to make war against the Church(which is not Israel) and then comes the end.
Old 07-09-2021, 6:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMCLAP View Post
And again, the Great Tribulation happened a long time ago. There is nothing left but for Satan to be unchained for a bit to make war against the Church(which is not Israel) and then comes the end.
It already happened? When did all the fish in the ocean die, all islands disappear, an earthquake felt globally and 1/3 of mankind die?*

* Short list. Many more world wide calamities happen during the 7year great tribulation.
Old 07-09-2021, 6:44 PM
Veteran Member

Yes I know. And the blood will be as deep as a horses bridal and a 10 headed cheap 1960's Japanese movie monster will climb out of the ocean onto the beach. I've heard it all before.
Old 07-09-2021, 7:27 PM

Can't tell if this thread is real or parody...

Rainbow flag signal of 'end times'?
People thinking that they're the ones that are in the end times after literally a thousand years of people thinking the same thing?

Ok.... (backs slowly away from the bus stop crazies....)
Old 07-10-2021, 3:27 AM

I am not religious, but you might want to read the following book if you are as it is by Christian pastor Rick Wiles of TruNews.com in Vero Beach, Florida who says the rapture won't happen!:

Final Day:

http://trunews.com/finalday
Old 07-10-2021, 5:59 AM
Veteran Member

2 Peter 3:3-4

“Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”
Old 07-10-2021, 8:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeQuest View Post
I am not religious, but you might want to read the following book if you are as it is by Christian pastor Rick Wiles of TruNews.com in Vero Beach, Florida who says the rapture won't happen!:

Final Day:

http://trunews.com/finalday
The Rapture will happen. At the end when Christ returns. Not before. We are already in the millenium. Now we wait for Christ to appear.
Old 07-10-2021, 9:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
The Rapture will happen. At the end when Christ returns. Not before. We are already in the millenium. Now we wait for Christ to appear.
Scripture reference for that please. Thank you.
Old 07-10-2021, 10:07 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

doesn't globalism have to succeed before the antichrist comes?

this is why i sort of believe some are pushing for it.

some are still waiting for their savior to come.
Old 07-10-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin232 View Post
Can't tell if this thread is real or parody...

Rainbow flag signal of 'end times'?
People thinking that they're the ones that are in the end times after literally a thousand years of people thinking the same thing?

Ok.... (backs slowly away from the bus stop crazies....)
feel free to see yourself out of the thread then my guy. Or does free association and freedom of religion trigger you so much you need to thread crap?

Old 07-10-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
There is not a 100% consensus on this topic. Other faithful Christians disagree on this and Scripture is not exactly 100% clear on this topic.

For example I tend to believe in a Post-Tribulation Pre-Millennial rapture/return. Meaning I believe the tribulation is an actual 7 year period of insanity as described in John's Book of Revelation, in which Jesus appears at the end of, not the beginning, and then the rapture happens in which all believers living and dead are transformed, and then we come back to the earth for the physical millennial reign over the planet. Then after the 1000 years comes the other events written about in Revelation and the great judgement where all the dead are resurrected and we all face the throne of judgment.

I have believed different views at different times, currently that is where I am at. There are scriptures that support all of the differing views.

Here is a nice website that explains all the differences and similarities and how we as believers should agree:

https://coldcasechristianity.com/wri...-perspectives/

Last edited by skilletboy; 07-10-2021 at 10:36 AM..
Old 07-10-2021, 1:17 PM

Glad God is in charge because the minions are definitely lacking.

No more dems, rinos, commies, , pinkos, crooks, pedos, frauds, idiots, lunatics, wanna-be dictators, traitors, old fools, or kleptocratic thieves for President from any party.

The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy. Donald J. Trump 1/7/21
Old 07-10-2021, 1:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

My best answer to OP's question is that I haven't been given the answer, but my personal belief is that the end time is near.
Old 07-10-2021, 5:21 PM
Veteran Member

I know there are at least six different eschatological theories. The Dispensational one states that Satan is in charge of the world until Jesus comes back. The problem is that Christ said He was in charge of all things right after the Ressurection. Matthew 28:16, 16Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. 18And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them inb the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Which means that Satan is bound and has no authority. The only thing left for him is to be unchained at the end of time to make war on the Saints for a short period. Then Christ returns and destroys the universe and the New Heaven and New earth are created. We are in the millenium now.
Old 07-10-2021, 5:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I know there are at least six different eschatological theories. The Dispensational one states that Satan is in charge of the world until Jesus comes back. The problem is that Christ said He was in charge of all things right after the Ressurection. Matthew 28:16, 16Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. 18And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them inb the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Which means that Satan is bound and has no authority. The only thing left for him is to be unchained at the end of time to make war on the Saints for a short period. Then Christ returns and destroys the universe and the New Heaven and New earth are created. We are in the millenium now.
Consider that the “age” Jesus is speaking of is the church age. In Revelation chapters 1-3, the church age is discussed. Chapter 4 begins with “come up here” indicating the rapture of the church. After that, the tribulation begins and the church is never mentioned again.
Old 07-10-2021, 6:02 PM

I'm not supposed to let it pain my heart.....but what I see going on does.

May God grant us strength for what he foretold is to come (regarding his believers), and forgiveness for those who have gone so far astray.

Ours is not to judge but only to arrange the meeting....Rah...

I'd love nothing more to be wrong - as I don't want my family to see the end days.
Old 07-11-2021, 6:48 AM
Veteran Member

My entire life “end times”. Imagine 1942…Man erases 11million people from the planet…seems a bit more end times to me. Our understanding of time is a bit different. We need not to look at what is going on. I stopped watching the news a long time ago. Its not that I want to keep my head in the sand. But rather Philippians 4:7-8.
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Old 07-11-2021, 6:29 PM

Did anyone watch Jack Hibbs' video on the topic (or his "Futures" series)? Have any of the requirements been met yet?

Read the Kelly Turnbull novels to see where California is and will go: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kelly+tur..._2_15_ts-doa-p
Old 07-11-2021, 6:36 PM

As for homosexuality, it is a sin. It is as terrible as it is tempting to those who practice it. It is a circle of temptation that is as addictive as hard narcotics. The reason it is a sin is because it is a perversion of sex that does not result in life and results in physical, mental and spiritual disease. There is no arguing the first two; these things are well known. We already know all about hepatitis, HIV and the various bacterial diseases. The incidence of disease is far higher. The mental problems, with the least being addiction, cause chaos in life. Some will argue there is no spiritual problem, but it is my opinion based upon the ones I know that the spiritual problems feed into the first to in subtle ways.

Yes, anyone committing adultery can get these diseases too while suffering other consequences with marriages and so forth. But to say homosexual men and women need compassion, etc, is ridiculous. There is no 11th Commandant: "Thou shalt be nice." They are sinners willfully disobeying and lying about their choices. They can come to church and try to get over it, or they can suffer the consequences. If they don't want to move past it, then they should consider another religion.

Read the Kelly Turnbull novels to see where California is and will go: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kelly+tur..._2_15_ts-doa-p

Last edited by tomrkba; 07-11-2021 at 6:42 PM..
Old 07-12-2021, 8:35 AM
Veteran Member

Israel – A fulfillment of Prophecy

The fig tree is used throughout the OT to represent when Israel is in their land and right with the Lord. The olive tree is also used of Israel - but is used in a spiritual sense.

I personally believe that many of Jesus' statements are references to the OT, Talmud and Temple that His Jewish listeners knew and were familiar with.

For example John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life..." Did you know that the gates leading into the temple were called “the way” (eastern gate) “the truth” (Nicantor gate) and “the life” (door into Holy Place)?

Thus, we know that 1948 and 1967 are significant prophetical dates. I believe in the Luke version of the Olivet Discourse where Jesus mentions the times of the Gentiles (Luke 21:20-24). Immediately after, He says to learn of the parable of the fig tree. In the ears of His listeners, they would have tied these two things together. They knew and understood that when "every man sits under his own fig tree" was speaking of the future Kingdom of the Messiah.

This is not an either/or interpretation. It is both/and. The fig tree budding tells us what season we are in. It also tells us that when they Jews are again living in Israel - we will know that the times are near.

If the fig tree parable is meaning the signs, then we truly cannot place ourselves with any accuracy on a time line. If the fig tree in the parable stands for Israel then we can put ourselves within a certain part of the line.

Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. -- Matthew 24:32-33 (see also Luke 21:29-33 and Mark 13:28-30)

There is two different ideas about this parable. The first is that in several places in the bible the 'fig tree' is a symbol of the Jewish Nation. As such this passage indicates that with the sprouting of leaves (rebirth), we know that summer is nigh.

The same thought could be used for the verse in Matthew 21 when Jesus curses a fig tree when he is nearing his crucifixion.

Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!" Immediately the tree withered. -- Matthew 21:19

Could this be symbolism of Israel denouncing the messiah and the result of such denial? I can't say. But if it isn't meant to be such, it's still an interesting thought!

This ‘fig-tree parallelism’ can be carried over to recent history: “It's branch become tender and put forth leaves.“ Miraculously, this tiny nation of Israel is quite prosperous today and they are recorded to have the 3rd largest military in the world. And despite their enemies’ best efforts they don't appear to be 'wilting' any time soon.

I want to pause here for a moment. Like a lot of things with the study of prophecy, we should make sure to look at all possibilities within a passage. As such, allow me to present the following:

The other idea about Matthew 24:32-33 is simply that this passage states that when 'all these things' - meaning all of these signs (that we haven't gotten to yet in this study, including the rebirth of Israel) - signify the beginning of the end.

The main reason for this belief is that the Luke passage mentions the fig tree and all trees.

The other reason here is that Christ describes many things, some of which we know from the book of Revelation occur in the Tribulation. With this in mind, it may indeed be that Christ was talking about THAT generation within the Tribulation. I’ll let you make up you own mind on this issue, but regardless with all we have been studying, it is an exciting prospect in either case.

Before we move on, let’s take a moment to look at the word generation within those passages.

In the words from Matthew, " Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. "

Which Generation?

The one that sees these signs.

Isn't that Generation Alive today?

Yes, I believe it is.

How long is a Generation?

GOOD QUESTION!

Is it 50 years? 100 years? Can we define it? Not sure... But I will offer the following obscure Psalm 90 written by Moses. In which Moses writes:

"The days of our years are threescore years and ten (70); and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years (80), yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath." -- Psalms 90:10-11

Now how is that for curious?

The question now to ask is when did this prophetic countdown begin?

Did it begin with the birth of the Nation in 1948 or the regaining of Jerusalem in 1967? Or is it some other sign Christ mentions prior to his announcement of the final Generation in these passages?

That question I cannot answer, and perhaps we are not supposed to know. All we do know is that we are warned to 'Watch'.

”Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.” – Matthew 24:42

If it was just these passages to consider with deciding if these are the end times, we would be left with much speculation. As there could be arguments for either side. However, lucky for us, God gives us other signs and warnings to serve as signs to the final generation. God wants us to know and recognize the generation. As mentioned above and several times throughout the New Testament, God wants us to Watch and be ready and lucky for us, he told us in several other passages, what to watch for.

Also considered that the fig tree prophecy could be related to these two verses:

When I found Israel, it was like finding grapes in the desert; when I saw your fathers, it was like seeing the early fruit on the fig tree. (Hosea 9:10)

Then the word of the LORD came to me: “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘Like these good figs, I regard as good the exiles from Judah, whom I sent away from this place to the land of the Babylonians. My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land.’” (Jer. 24:4-6)

Could this be about the return of good figs back to the holy land, which happened in 1948?

Quote:
Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree. When its branch is still tender and puts out leaves, you know that summer is near.
Mat 24:33 So you, likewise, when you see all these things, shall know that it is near, at the doors.
Mat 24:34 Truly I say to you, This generation shall not pass until all these things are fulfilled.
Mat 24:35 The heaven and the earth shall pass away, but My Words shall not pass away.
G3850
parabole¯
Thayer Definition:
2c) a narrative, fictitious but agreeable to the laws and usages of human life, by which either the duties of men or the things of God, particularly the nature and history of God's kingdom are figuratively portrayed.

Jesus could have said "notice the fig tree, when you see leaves..." He didn't. He said, "Now learn the parable of the fig tree..." This tells me there is more to it than just noticing that all these events point to something about to happen. I believe He used the fig tree on purpose.

Notice that Thayer says of parables that they are often used to explain the kingdom. Every time you see the word kingdom, you can translate that - Jesus Christ's literal reign on earth. The context of Matt 24 is the end times and Jesus is explaining what to look for, as a general landmark so we would know what generation it would be.

So why did Jesus use the fig tree as His example? Remember - when on earth Jesus was a Jewish rabbi and would have used examples well known to Jewish people. A brief survey of the tanakh (Old Testament) shows that when the fig tree is used as a symbol it is in reference to the Jews being in possession of their land. When the fig tree is blooming - the Jews are in Israel and all is right with the world.

Quote:
Jdg 9:10 And the trees said to the fig tree, You come and reign over us.
Here, Israel wanted a king like all the other nations. They were finding it too hard to maintain a loose confederacy and raising up a judge every time they were attacked.

Quote:
1Ki 4:25 And Judah and Israel lived safely, every man under his vine and under his fig tree, from Dan even to Beer-sheba, all the days of Solomon.
Quote:
Son 2:13 the fig tree puts forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, My love, My beautiful one, and come away.
Interesting verse. Speaking of the bride and groom going away when the fig tree blooms. I think it's prophetic.

Quote:
Joe 1:6 For a nation has come up on My land, strong and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he has the jaw teeth of a lioness.
Joe 1:7 He has laid My vine waste and splintered My fig tree. He has stripped it and cast it away; its branches grow white.
Joe 2:21 Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice. For Jehovah will do great things.
Joe 2:22 Do not be afraid, beasts of the field; for the pastures of the wilderness grow green; for the tree bears its fruit, and the fig tree and the vine yield their strength.
Joe 2:23 Be glad then, sons of Zion, and rejoice in Jehovah your God. For He has given you the former rain according to righteousness, and He will cause the rain to come down for you, the former rain and the latter rain in the first month.
Mic 4:2 And many nations shall come and say, Come and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, and to the house of the God of Jacob. And He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths; for the Law shall go forth out of Zion, and the Word of Jehovah from Jerusalem.
When the fig tree droops - Israel has been bad - God takes them out of the Land. When the fig tree blooms, Israel is forgiven and in the Land.

Quote:
Mic 4:3 And He shall judge between many peoples, and will decide for strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, And they shall not still learn war.
Mic 4:4 But they shall sit each one under his vine and under his fig tree; and there shall be no trembling; for the mouth of Jehovah of Hosts has spoken,
Israel will be in the Land during the reign of the Messiah.

Quote:
Zec 3:9 For behold! I will bring forth My Servant the Branch. For behold the stone that I have set before Joshua: On one stone are seven eyes. Behold, I will engrave its engraving, says Jehovah of Hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
Zec 3:10 In that day, says Jehovah of Hosts, you shall call, each man to his neighbor, to sit under the vine and under the fig tree.
When Messiah appears, He will remove iniquity of the land in one day. Then the Jews will dwell in their Land securely.

CONCLUSION

I think it is fairly safe and doctrinally sound to say that the parable of the fig tree that Jesus used in Matt 24 has to do with the Jews dwelling safely in Ha'Eretz (the Land). This is the landmark sign He wanted us to note - when you see Israel again as a nation (1948) - this is the generation that will see all these things come to pass. This doesn't allow us to pinpoint a day or hour - no man knows that - but it does give us a ballpark idea of when to start putting all the clues together. Let us lift up our heads for our redemption draweth nigh!
Old 07-13-2021, 7:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrkba View Post
The reason it is a sin is because it is a perversion of sex that does not result in life...
Oh, man. That's the most depressing view of sex I've read in a long time.

As to your admonishment: "If they don't want to move past it, then they should consider another religion."

Plenty do. Christians, on the whole, are doing a fine job there in encouraging them to seek their spiritual guidance elsewhere. Remarkable job. Well done. The devil himself couldn't have done better.

Last edited by CVShooter; 07-13-2021 at 7:54 AM..
Old 07-13-2021, 9:42 AM
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVShooter View Post
Oh, man. That's the most depressing view of sex I've read in a long time.

As to your admonishment: "If they don't want to move past it, then they should consider another religion."

Plenty do. Christians, on the whole, are doing a fine job there in encouraging them to seek their spiritual guidance elsewhere. Remarkable job. Well done. The devil himself couldn't have done better.
gay lifestyle and God are not in harmony and nothing in common. they don't want to change, then find another religion because God will not tolerate sin. He gave you the Book for your salvation, so if you refuse to follow it, then what is the purpose of you calling yourself christian? it's not about professing to be one but you show your faith through your works. "you shall know them by their works."

John 8:11 New King James Version
And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”

Matthew 7:13-14 New King James Version
13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Hebrews 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

One of the traditional methods of imposing statism or socialism on a people has been by way of medicine. It’s very easy to disguise a medical program as a humanitarian project. ~ Ronald Reagan