Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 01-18-2018, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by railroader View Post
That is true and I do miss the mountains and the beach. I also don't get buried in traffic on a daily basis anymore.
I live on an island but I never go to the beach. When I'm in AZ I never miss it or think about it. I like the mountains best.
Once I'm out of CA I doubt there will be more than a couple handguns I'll feel the need to buy but it WILL feel good to never have to think about the crappy "roster" ever again.
Old 01-18-2018, 9:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I also don't get buried in traffic on a daily basis anymore.
or trash, litter, graffiti, road rage, liberals, criminals, homeless, taxes, pollution....did I miss anything ?
Old 01-19-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rghouse View Post
hoping some of you all could shed light on why Canik handguns are banned (aside from ppt of course). I know there is a long list of reasons why a manufacturer might choose to not bother complying with CA laws, so lets limit the CA bashing here. Any specific technical or political reasons anyone aware of? For instance did they not pass drop tests or something?

Also, anyone know if there is any effort on Century arms part to turn out CA compliant handguns?
I'm glad you asked the question. I was really looking forward to trying out the TP9 in the near future -- but I had no idea about the 'microstamping' details in the Unsafe Handgun Act either.

Thank you responders for the info.

After reading up on it, the legislation behind it seems like a perfect way to slowly choke most non-legacy semi-automatic systems out of the California market. Definitely unfortunate for the responsible sportsmen here like myself.

(Ha I also appreciate the attempted request to "limit CA bashing" in the responses -- I always hope for apolitical / objective discussions that aren't sprinkled with 'libtard' and such...but I think we all know that's a hard ask with these odd legislative policies / implementations! )
Old 01-19-2019, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member

I also don't see a Turkish company putting an LCI and Mag disco on for the Kaliforniastan market.....
Old 01-19-2019, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealocan View Post
Canok.
Janik
Old 01-19-2019, 4:30 PM

Ca life style is overrated. Waiting for wife to retire so I can put my escape plans into action!
Old 01-19-2019, 4:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Thank goodness this necro post got resurrected.
Old 01-19-2019, 4:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Now that I'm no longer a california resident caniks are available. I'm getting older so I today ordered a canik tpsfx with a vortex venom red dot. This set up should be easier than iron sights. This is what you can buy if you move.

I hate you ……
Old 01-19-2019, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael777 View Post
You can still buy off roster guns. You will just pay a premium in the marketplace
Because elitists want to keep their toys and deny them from the peons.
Old 01-19-2019, 4:54 PM
Veteran Member

I don't means to side line the post, but some posts mention CA beach, screw the CA beach. Live in LA area for more 40 years, went to the beach twice, one time Redondo Beach, one time Huntington Beach, too fricking cold.
I bought a time share in Hawaii by mistake, but I go there every year for the last 25 years and that is what I call the "beach".
Old 01-19-2019, 5:08 PM
Vendor/Retailer

As others have said, no loaded chamber indicator or micro stamp. Here is mine. They are fun, very reliable, a little top heavy, but in my opinion not worth the Kali premium. I think they go for $700 in the free states....

Old 01-19-2019, 6:05 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Indeed, and by a newbie’s very first post no less

Old 01-19-2019, 8:32 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
Quote:
Indeed, and by a newbie’s very first post no less
It happens.

One interesting take away from the necroposting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Clip View Post
Yeah, that's reasonable.
"Only $2,000 for a lightly used Hudson 9?! Deal!"
Actually 3K lol....you gotta pay to play here in California.
01-2019 Hudson H9 WTS ads are now in the $1500-1600 price range.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 01-20-2019, 5:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
It happens.

One interesting take away from the necroposting...

01-2019 Hudson H9 WTS ads are now in the $1500-1600 price range.
And they are still not worth it.
Old 01-20-2019, 3:06 PM
Veteran Member

Why no Canik in CA ? Roster and FMK.
Old 01-20-2019, 3:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
That is true and I do miss the mountains and the beach. I also don't get buried in traffic on a daily basis anymore.
Probably not making the same amount of money nor own property that appreciates faster than the stock market.
Old 01-20-2019, 3:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrrow View Post
After reading up on it, the legislation behind it seems like a perfect way to slowly choke most non-legacy semi-automatic systems out of the California market. Definitely unfortunate for the responsible sportsmen here like myself.

(Ha I also appreciate the attempted request to "limit CA bashing" in the responses -- I always hope for apolitical / objective discussions that aren't sprinkled with 'libtard' and such...but I think we all know that's a hard ask with these odd legislative policies / implementations! )
The roster is definitely doing its job. The purchaser's degree of responsibility makes no difference.

I grew up on the SF peninsula but got out with the desire for a better place in which to raise a family, not to ignore far better schools...that turned out to be the DFW area. From there, we relocated to the Boise area. I've addressed a senate committee or 2 on the value of constitutional carry, which was passed by the Idaho legislature. I believe I can judge a libtard when I hear one.

Take a look at California's recent advisement as to the use of he/she v. they in legislative discussion. Are you telling me that it's not retarded? Res ispa loquitur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rghouse View Post
hoping some of you all could shed light on why Canik handguns are banned (aside from ppt of course). I know there is a long list of reasons why a manufacturer might choose to not bother complying with CA laws, so lets limit the CA bashing here. Any specific technical or political reasons anyone aware of? For instance did they not pass drop tests or something?

Also, anyone know if there is any effort on Century arms part to turn out CA compliant handguns?
Political reasons have been discussed. Microstamping is still a requirement for new stuff.

Based on 20+ years of buying, shooting, and collecting guns, I'd suggest maybe a better source than CIA.

Quote:
Well, let's give all the important players their due. A "Republican" governor signed it into law.
See next post.

Quote:
A distinction without a difference.
No difference whatsoever, and he's still probably trying to relive his 500th acid trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasc50 View Post
Ca life style is overrated. Waiting for wife to retire so I can put my escape plans into action!
The relief you feel in a free state will pleasantly surprise you, believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie1234 View Post
I don't means to side line the post, but some posts mention CA beach, screw the CA beach. Live in LA area for more 40 years, went to the beach twice, one time Redondo Beach, one time Huntington Beach, too fricking cold.
We lived a 5 minute drive from Mavericks'. I used to run a couple of cattle dogs daily on Surfer's Beach. The cold never bothered us, but weekend traffic and weekend visitors made that a major operation. 5 mph from Princeton Harbor to Half Moon Bay, so around a 40 minute round trip to get to Safeway from home. Schools were also crap and getting crappier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litespeeds View Post
Probably not making the same amount of money nor own property that appreciates faster than the stock market.
We've made more money in Texas and Idaho than in the SF bay area, but ymmv in all cases.

We definitely benefited by property appreciation on the coast. We sold a house on the coast and were blessed with bunches of Chinese cash and a bidding war.

The trick is to sell the house when you have more than enough equity to fund a home (and LAND, btw) in your new location.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran
Old 01-20-2019, 3:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litespeeds View Post
Actually I'm retired with a good private sector pension, a decent bank account and stocks. This is after I sold my house in California for almost triple what I paid for it. I have a nicer house with 3/4 of an acre. So I'm good.