Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 12-02-2023, 9:21 PM

Default Best dry fire system

Good day gents and ladies. With costs of range time continuing to grow and the famy needing more practice, what is the best at home dry fire system that you recommend for duty firearm and for family practice with home weapons. There are so many systems out there but what have you used that you liked and hopefully doesn't break the bank. Thanks for the suggestions and stay safe out there my brothers and sisters
Old 12-03-2023, 12:24 AM

I tried a dryfire mag which works well enough but honestly I don't think it feels like a real dry fire.

What I tried and I really like though is using a laser bullet, printing out a target and using the MantisX app to track your shots. I bought a knock off laser bullet on Amazon for 20 dollars to use in my G23 Gen4 but the laser was pulling right, I purchased the pink rhino laser and it's pretty accurate, however it's not very accurate in my G22 Gen5.
Old 12-03-2023, 9:38 AM

https://www.laserammo.com/store/Vide...Trainer-Pro-20

It's not cheap-but it's as good as or better than what my department used. I already had a projector and screen and started with just the smokeless range software and then slowly added to it as I could afford it.
Old 12-03-2023, 8:43 PM

After messing around for about two years with a SIRT pistol, Mantis X, and a Dry Fire Mag, I came to realize that there is really no substitute for dry fire training with the actual pistol that you use. If spending money on dry fire toys gets you to dry fire, then I guess that's a good thing, but really it's completely not necessary.

That said, the SIRT pistol is good for teaching new shooters how to correctly reset the trigger, and the Mantis X might be good if you are shooting PPC (bullseye) matches; but beyond that, I would say put that money towards training ammo and classes.
Old 12-11-2023, 7:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

https://coolfiretrainer.com/

This is an excellent dry fire training system. It doesn't run at the same energy as live fire, but it will allow you to practice grip under recoil.

Get the o-ring rebuild kits and follow lubrication instructions. I run the paintball CO2 tank.
"Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
I instruct it if you shoot it.
Old 12-11-2023, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
I tried a dryfire mag which works well enough but honestly I don't think it feels like a real dry fire.
I've also used the dryfire mag before. Like Sprite said, it doesn't really feel like real dry fire. However, I hate having to rack the slide every time and the dryfire mag eliminates that hassle for me.