Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-04-2018, 12:07 PM
Pokerfish Pokerfish is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 7
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default conceal carry while fishing legal?

Was going over the California DOJ website and found this

The prohibition from carrying a concealed handgun does not apply to licensed
hunters or fishermen while engaged in hunting or fishing, or while going to or
returning from the hunting expedition . (Pen . Code, 25640 .) Notwithstanding
this exception for hunters or fishermen, these individuals may not carry or
transport loaded firearms when going to or from the expedition . The unloaded
firearms should be transported in the trunk of the vehicle or in a locked container
other than the utility or glove compartment . (Pen . Code, 25610 .)

Does this mean i can legally conceal while fishing without a ccl licence? Don't want to break any laws
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-04-2018, 3:07 PM
Quiet's Avatar
Quiet Quiet is offline
retired Goon
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 23,276
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerfish View Post
conceal carry while fishing legal?

Was going over the California DOJ website and found this

The prohibition from carrying a concealed handgun does not apply to licensed
hunters or fishermen while engaged in hunting or fishing, or while going to or
returning from the hunting expedition . (Pen . Code, 25640 .) Notwithstanding
this exception for hunters or fishermen, these individuals may not carry or
transport loaded firearms when going to or from the expedition . The unloaded
firearms should be transported in the trunk of the vehicle or in a locked container
other than the utility or glove compartment . (Pen . Code, 25610 .)

Does this mean i can legally conceal while fishing without a ccl licence? Don't want to break any laws
If you have a valid CA fishing license...
... it is legal to conceal carry an unloaded handgun while traveling to and from your fishing site.
... it is legal to conceal carry an unloaded handgun while fishing in an area that prohibits the discharge of firearms.
... it is legal to conceal carry a loaded handgun while fishing in an area that does not prohibit the discharge of firearms.

It is legal to open carry a loaded firearm or an unloaded firearm in an area where it is legal to discharge firearms.
It is legal to open carry an unloaded antique firearm.
__________________


"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-06-2018, 10:21 PM
Mp5marley's Avatar
Mp5marley Mp5marley is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Inland empire x OC
Posts: 844
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

open carry while fishing at HB Pier in OC? sweet.. how many 911 calls?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-07-2018, 5:10 PM
Quiet's Avatar
Quiet Quiet is offline
retired Goon
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 23,276
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp5marley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet
If you have a valid CA fishing license...
... it is legal to conceal carry an unloaded handgun while traveling to and from your fishing site.
... it is legal to conceal carry an unloaded handgun while fishing in an area that prohibits the discharge of firearms.
... it is legal to conceal carry a loaded handgun while fishing in an area that does not prohibit the discharge of firearms.

It is legal to open carry a loaded firearm or an unloaded firearm in an area where it is legal to discharge firearms.
It is legal to open carry an unloaded antique firearm.
open carry while fishing at HB Pier in OC? sweet.. how many 911 calls?
It is illegal to discharge a firearm anywhere in Huntington Beach [HBCC 9.76.010] (this includes the Huntington Beach Pier), which means it's illegal to open carry a loaded or unloaded firearm anywhere in the City of Huntington Beach.
^Unless you're an exempt person (LEO, BSIS licensed security in uniform, etc) or in an exempt area (shooting range, etc).

It would be legal under CA state laws to open carry an unloaded antique firearm in non-prohibited areas (schools, colleges, Gov buildings, etc).
So, it would be legal under CA state laws to open carry an unloaded antique firearm while at the Huntington Beach Pier.
However, unless granted a permit to do so, it would be illegal under Huntining Beach city ordinances to open/conceal carry it. [HBCC 9.80.040]
So, you can still be fined by the local LEOs for doing it.

With a valid CA Fishing license, it would also be legal under CA state laws to conceal carry an unloaded handgun, while fishing at the Huntington Beach Pier.
However, unless granted a permit to do so, it would be illegal under Huntining Beach city ordinances to do it. [HBCC 9.80.040]
So, you can still be fined by the local LEOs for doing it.
__________________


"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 12-08-2018 at 4:16 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-10-2018, 7:43 AM
robertmneal93 robertmneal93 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: East Bay
Posts: 65
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
If you have a valid CA fishing license...
... it is legal to conceal carry an unloaded handgun while traveling to and from your fishing site.
... it is legal to conceal carry an unloaded handgun while fishing in an area that prohibits the discharge of firearms.
... it is legal to conceal carry a loaded handgun while fishing in an area that does not prohibit the discharge of firearms.

It is legal to open carry a loaded firearm or an unloaded firearm in an area where it is legal to discharge firearms.
It is legal to open carry an unloaded antique firearm.
What would the specifics of "to and from" be? Would it be driving to get to the fishing area (i.e. my house to a lake in the national forests), or would it be "I got to the lake, now I will conceal my unloaded handgun as I leave my car and walk to my fishing spot"?
__________________
Libertarian in philosophy
Rights oriented centrist in reality
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-11-2018, 6:14 PM
Quiet's Avatar
Quiet Quiet is offline
retired Goon
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 23,276
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmneal93 View Post
What would the specifics of "to and from" be? Would it be driving to get to the fishing area (i.e. my house to a lake in the national forests), or would it be "I got to the lake, now I will conceal my unloaded handgun as I leave my car and walk to my fishing spot"?
This would be CA legal...
Exit residence and foot travel to vehicle = unloaded in locked container.
While in vehicle = unloaded in locked container.
Exit vehicle and foot travel to lake = unloaded conceal carry.
At lake, while fishing = loaded conceal carry.
Foot travel from lake to vehicle = unloaded conceal carry.
While in vehicle = unloaded in locked container.
Exit vehicle and foot travel to residence = unloaded in locked container.
__________________


"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 12-11-2018 at 6:17 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:57 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.