Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 12-06-2018, 6:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J.F. View Post
There is wholesale, private party value then retail.... if the OP is expecting retail, he is going to sit on it awhile.

Most buyers are not dumb. Most have access to the gun prices bible. You can buy it, borrow it at the library or read it at just about any gun shop. I don’t know any gun shop that wouldn’t use it as a reference point if they were to consider buying or taking it in on trade.
OP isn't even retail priced. It's straight highway robbery in my opinion waiting to snag a buyer who doesn't research.
CZ SP01 you can get it for 650 after taxes and Dros at retail.
http://www.ocguns.com/product/cz-usa-75b-9mm/
You still gotta pay for dros on his firearms.
There is no justification why his firearm costs almost 100 more, compared new to new.
I mean he did start a thread a year ago that CZ guns are going to be banned or something, that's the only false justification I see.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2018, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pethouse View Post
Anyone else notice how soft private sales have been ? I see some nice pieces at fair prices just sitting, unwanted. Perhaps past fears had the effect of pushing forward previous purchases that folks would have normally waited to make now.

Don't know, but it seems buying appetite is way down, not just on handguns, but also on rifles that utilize an external magazine, even rimfires. Galvin Newsom fears ?

FWIW.. this is an observation from a guy with several pieces for sale now.
Well, we have a Donald in the House and things are no longer "urgent"
Old 12-06-2018, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo2A View Post
OP isn't even retail priced. It's straight highway robbery in my opinion waiting to snag a buyer who doesn't research.
CZ SP01 you can get it for 650 after taxes and Dros at retail.
http://www.ocguns.com/product/cz-usa-75b-9mm/
You still gotta pay for dros on his firearms.
There is no justification why his firearm costs almost 100 more, compared new to new.
I mean he did start a thread a year ago that CZ guns are going to be banned or something, that's the only false justification I see.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I didn’t look, I’m just running off the comments. I agree, most customization doesn’t do squat to firearms prices and in most cases hurt their prices because the gun bible of prices only references stock items or factory upgrades. Not aftermarket parts which some are not as good as claimed to be or as reliable as a stock part.

Now the OLL build, that is hard to price because there are a vast amount of decently built parts and accessories. But even still a 20 dollar budget China rail is still a cheap China rail. It works, gives the look you want but most know it won’t increase the price over a stock build.

Just giving that as an example. Most of us already know
Old 12-06-2018, 7:58 PM

Default Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
This is the crux - are they really "fair priced?"

Most of what I've seen in classifieds is overpriced. Offering a Gen 4 Glock for $800 and Gen 3 for $450-$500 is a good example. Why would anyone who is looking for their first gun buy either? There is nothing special about Gen 4 and saving $50 on a used Gen 3 is a huge risk with all the bubba-smiths.
This....used guns are a bad deal, they’re way, way overpriced. Buying new makes more sense. I love glocks but I wouldn’t pay a Dime more for a gen 4 or gen 5. Why he he’ll would you? I see used S&W that were new within the year sometimes asking more than retail or certainly more than you could get the same from Buds gun shop plus tax and a transfer fee...
Old 12-06-2018, 9:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Time to start stocking up on parts for 80% builds before they shut that off.
Old 12-06-2018, 9:50 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEAKS View Post
I get the OPs problem of over pricing, but I’m having a hard time selling a $2000 in parts rifle for $1200 that’s almost brand new. Yes it’s an acquired caliber, but come on. 6.5 Grendel can shine!!
You've built YOUR dream rifle. Somebody gonna drop that kinda cash probably has their own idea of a dream rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:39 PM
Veteran Member

i've bought 3 guns is the last month and a half including my first and second SIG Sauer

i can honestly say, even living where there is no roster, i can't think of a firearm that i really want right now

even the second SIG was just an impulse buy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerDog View Post
I hate you FalconLair!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTROKS
I hate you FalconLair! I double hate you if you get it before Christmas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
They hate you FalconLair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greta
HOW DARE YOU!! I hate you FalconLair
Old 12-07-2018, 1:36 AM
Veteran Member

I think most of us are trying to get the F out since election . Housing here is crazy, people here are crazy, traffic is crazy , ammo license a joke. I even a saw a g42 for $550 I pssed on ( in my own city), that says a lot.
Old 12-07-2018, 2:27 AM

Everyone has covered the bases with all the deadlines.
When the government drops another deadline things will warm up again.
Old 12-07-2018, 6:04 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEAKS View Post
I get the OPs problem of over pricing, but I’m having a hard time selling a $2000 in parts rifle for $1200 that’s almost brand new. Yes it’s an acquired caliber, but come on. 6.5 Grendel can shine!!
The problems are that the AR market is pretty much dead right now and the fact is that individual parts normally cost a lot more than a complete item. Have you ever priced all the parts to make a new car? They will typically come out to about 3 times what a complete car sells for new. It's not much different when it comes to custom built firearms.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 12-07-2018, 7:39 AM

If I find a store that will consign my gun at 10% to 15% and takes credit cards then my stuff will sell.This saves me time and money.Also helps the store.
Old 12-07-2018, 8:04 PM

Gun sales have decline noticeably throughout country. They go up when gun control advocates in power, such as Obama, and decline when control threat eases, such as now. California is a special case because of pro-control Democratic dominance. I would guess that a lot if money is being spent now on ammo, which is cheap now relatively, in anticipation of new controls going into effect next month. Everyone I know has been stocking up.
Old 12-09-2018, 9:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGunner View Post
Gun sales have decline noticeably throughout country. They go up when gun control advocates in power, such as Obama, and decline when control threat eases, such as now. California is a special case because of pro-control Democratic dominance. I would guess that a lot if money is being spent now on ammo, which is cheap now relatively, in anticipation of new controls going into effect next month. Everyone I know has been stocking up.
It's not next month, its July 2019
Old 12-09-2018, 8:42 PM
Veteran Member

Market is super slow according to this thread

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1495063
Old 12-10-2018, 7:48 AM
Veteran Member

Whatever you are selling is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Period.

My experience with CG market place is that while some firearms "may" be worth more today compared to what the owner originally paid for them, the reality is that they are worth less. If you really want to sell a firearm, price it to sell. If not, then it will sit and sit and sit a bit longer until you realize that your asking price (for whatever reason) is too high.
Old 12-10-2018, 1:08 PM
Veteran Member

I’m stocking up on lots of ammo. That’s where my peso’s have been going.
Old 12-10-2018, 4:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Elk View Post
Whatever you are selling is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Period.
The best way to find out what a firearm is worth is to put it up on gunbroker with a 99 cent starting price.
That low price will draw lots of bidders which will run the price right up to what the market supports.
I watch many gunbroker auctions end higher than you can buy a specific make/model of gun by simply shopping for the best deal.
Old 12-10-2018, 4:35 PM
Calguns Addict

For me, buying a new truck slows things down a bit.

But really nothing i see in FS is what I want...seems that most people are keeping these (what I like), or pricing me out...either way, probably a good thing at this point.

P.S. I still like (not board) the guns I own, so GTG.
Old 12-10-2018, 8:42 PM
In Memoriam

I'm still buying! Deals are everywhere.
-g
Old 12-10-2018, 11:40 PM

I filled up my safes before Trump was elected. Now I’m not looking to buy much here in CA as I am working on moving to TX within the next year. I can’t wait to go to a gun store, slide my card and walk out with gun in hand.
But I still notice ridiculously overpriced handguns and long guns in the marketplace here. Often more than a gun costs new. I could drive over to my LGS and get many guns for less (KSGs seem to be among the worst for this) And that’s not including the insane price gouging that occurs with off-roster guns. There are a few good deals, but very few and far between. Also, So-Cal seems to be having better deals than up my way lately.
Old 12-11-2018, 7:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pethouse View Post
Amazing, the small minded thinking that posts here sometimes
You're the one that has no concept of how the economy works. If you price an item, and nobody offers to buy it, then it's priced too high for the market. If you lower the price then, at some point, someone will buy it.

Sellers set the asking price, buyers set the selling price.

"small minded" thinking like yours makes me weep for our education system

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony270 View Post
It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA