Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 07-31-2020, 9:48 AM

I just got an email that I got approved!!
Applied 2/24/20
fingerprints=3/6/20
interview=5/27/20
approved=7/31/20
Old 08-01-2020, 7:29 AM

Me too! New application:
applied - 2/2/20
fingerprints - 3/9/20
interview - 6/13/20
approved - 7/31/20

Training class booked in a few weeks, so figure the whole process is about 7 months, that's way longer than I expected.
Old 08-03-2020, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor*Cal View Post
I received my renewal approval, the total wait time was 165 days. My background is squeaky clean and I had taken the renewal class prior to applying for renewal so the 165 days was all spent waiting on the Sheriff's office. It took about 9 weeks to get the approval call after my phone interview.

If they are going in order by date, I'm guessing that they have another week or so before they complete the January renewals. At this point I'm guessing that no February renewals have been approved yet.

My previous renewal under Sheriff Moore took 10 days from filing to pick-up.
Working off of your timeline, hopefully my renewal is near. I applied for renewal 2/23/20, had my interview 6/20/20. Called last week to see if maybe I missed my pickup message and was told its still showing as pending status no other updates. I saw that end of June beginning of July Sheriff Withrow had tested positive for COVID, which would make me believe there will be further delays.

Currently standing at day #162 in my renewal process. This is my first renewal. For my original application it was 13 months from my application drop off date to my permit pick up date (plus 6 more weeks to wait for an initial drop off appointment due to holidays landing on the only drop off day of the week). I did have to do a change of address under Sheriff Moore, that took about 3 weeks to be reissued, but I was allowed to carry under my existing permit at the time (it was around election time so I presumed he had other things on his mind...)
Old 08-03-2020, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosedude View Post
Working off of your timeline, hopefully my renewal is near. I applied for renewal 2/23/20, had my interview 6/20/20. Called last week to see if maybe I missed my pickup message and was told its still showing as pending status no other updates. I saw that end of June beginning of July Sheriff Withrow had tested positive for COVID, which would make me believe there will be further delays.

Currently standing at day #162 in my renewal process. This is my first renewal. For my original application it was 13 months from my application drop off date to my permit pick up date (plus 6 more weeks to wait for an initial drop off appointment due to holidays landing on the only drop off day of the week). I did have to do a change of address under Sheriff Moore, that took about 3 weeks to be reissued, but I was allowed to carry under my existing permit at the time (it was around election time so I presumed he had other things on his mind...)
Are they currently offering an extension to carry after your expiration?

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office

The government couldn't pass a background check to buy my guns back
Old 08-03-2020, 7:47 PM

I do not think they are in order because I'm pretty sure I put my renewal app after you (Nor*Cal) and was approved before you. I think it is just a mess and they need to take their head out of their @$$. Especially for people who have a clean record.
Old 08-03-2020, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
Are they currently offering an extension to carry after your expiration?
No extension. Renewal applications are capped at 90 days prior to expiration. You can't start the online process any earlier. Basically been expired and waiting.
Old 08-03-2020, 8:29 PM

Quote:
No extension. Renewal applications are capped at 90 days prior to expiration. You can't start the online process any earlier. Basically been expired and waiting.
I filled out my renewal on the 90th day, that was over a month ago.

This is absurd.

If they cannot provide their service in a timely manner, they should provide an extension.

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office

The government couldn't pass a background check to buy my guns back
Old 08-03-2020, 11:21 PM

I applied on day 87.

Looking like it’s gonna be delayed. This is my first renewal as well.

Initial application took less than 60 days.

What are our options for getting an extension?
... Not really the best timing especially with the current state of this country.

Last edited by siznarf; 08-03-2020 at 11:27 PM..
Old 08-05-2020, 6:36 PM

I know that the sheriff office is busy but lets get some more people on this .
would we wait more than 90 days for a building permit marriage liecense etc.
With all of the criminals that have been released lately people need to be able to legally protect them selves and their families.
Old 08-06-2020, 8:24 AM

New ccw appointments are out in 6 months for fingerprint only .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2020, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desijedi View Post
New ccw appointments are out in 6 months for fingerprint only .

"New" as in First time CCW or Renewals as well?
Old 08-07-2020, 1:25 AM

I applied 4/2
Live scan 7/31
Now waiting for interview. Prob won’t hear from them until December from how slow things are moving.
Old 08-07-2020, 4:57 AM

[QUOTE=moosedude;24616903]Working off of your timeline, hopefully my renewal is near. I applied for renewal 2/23/20, had my interview 6/20/20. Called last week to see if maybe I missed my pickup message and was told its still showing as pending status no other updates. I saw that end of June beginning of July Sheriff Withrow had tested positive for COVID, which would make me believe there will be further delays.

Got my renewal approval text message yesterday, day #165 from applying. Pickup is done on Tuesday / Thursdays by appointment, and due to my schedule restrictions it will be two weeks before I can pick it up.

Applied for renewal: 2/23/20
Interview: 6/20/20
Approval: 8/6/20
Number of Days: 165
Old 08-08-2020, 9:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siznarf View Post
"New" as in First time CCW or Renewals as well?

First time

Old 08-08-2020, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lsmc7 View Post
I do not think they are in order because I'm pretty sure I put my renewal app after you (Nor*Cal) and was approved before you. I think it is just a mess and they need to take their head out of their @$$. Especially for people who have a clean record.
Not surprised at all. And it seems that even some new applicants are getting a quicker approval than some renewals.

Quote:

Got my renewal approval text message yesterday, day #165 from applying. Pickup is done on Tuesday / Thursdays by appointment, and due to my schedule restrictions it will be two weeks before I can pick it up.

Applied for renewal: 2/23/20
Interview: 6/20/20
Approval: 8/6/20
Number of Days: 165
Weird it turned out to be the same 165 days. I hope they find a way to catch up and get things back in order. This really is unacceptable.
Old 08-08-2020, 5:56 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I applied for my renewal towards the end of June. I got a call for my interview yesterday. If went smoothly with less questioning then some of my previous renewals. They basically verbally re asked the questions from my application. I was told that it would be three to four weeks before the signature. My CCW will lapse during that time but that is my fault for not submitting right at 90 days. The investigator had to put me on hold and ask someone higher up to verify that my SSE weapons would be approved. They allowed them so I am good to go.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

- Mark Twain

Si vis pacem, para bellum