Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 11-25-2013, 7:01 AM

We need another good turnout like we had back in April of this year. The Ranger James was there to make the place cold, what a nice guy. If we can repeat this, steele Peak will be nice and clean again.
Old 11-25-2013, 4:30 PM

Went out there today and it looked pretty bad. Took a first time shooter and he was shocked. We hauled away half a truck load when we were done, but it didn't make a dent.
Old 11-25-2013, 5:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

And only 9 days after our cleanup... Ouch.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 11-25-2013, 6:04 PM
Calguns Addict

tagged

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-25-2013, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
And only 9 days after our cleanup... Ouch.
Ya but we only hit the front flat area, I know where Vintage likes to set up at and that area was pretty bad when we drove by later in the morning to go shoot.
Old 11-27-2013, 3:29 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
That's awesome! Now if we could only get Waste Management/Riverside County to donate a giant construction dumpster...

Surely with a closed range and a larger CG turnout we could really clean the place up!
Darryl... I am a Manager for Waste Management... I might be able to make those arrangements. PM me with your contact info and we can discuss.
Old 11-27-2013, 7:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearKrew View Post
Darryl... I am a Manager for Waste Management... I might be able to make those arrangements. PM me with your contact info and we can discuss.
chknlyps2 is the best person to contact, he has a ranger that will make it a cold range the next cleanup. My thinking is that with a cold range, enough CG members, and enough trucks we could really clean this place up if we only had a dumpster at the entrance.

I believe we are looking at after the holidays for the next organized cleanup, but we need to take you up on that dumpster offer Fear!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 12-08-2013, 6:38 PM

Hello all just joined the site today. I live literally 5 min away from the Perris BLM(what's BLM mean anyway lol???) spot and have only been there twice (my second time was today). I wouldn't mind helping out from time to time as I'm sure i'll be there more often now that i'm getting into recreational shooting. Just posting so I can keep up with what's going on and the effort to keep this spot open.
Old 12-08-2013, 7:24 PM

BLM stands for Bureau of Land Management, I always pack out way more than i took in.
Old 12-08-2013, 8:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I spoke with our IE Chapter CGSSA Leader Justin (Chaos47) about this place at the IE Monthly shoot Friday night. FearKrew was there too and we spoke about it also.

I'm thinking that we should plan and coordinate something way out on the calendar (March/April timeframe), coordinate with BLM to make it a closed range, take up FearKrew on his offer to get a construction sized dumpster, or two, and really make a day of it.

I also think since the IE CGSSA is doing the Winchester/NRA Qualifications that we could do the rifle qualifications after we cleaned the place up. Not only would it be a fun way to end a long morning of work, but it would also be a great draw to bring more help. It might also be a great way to increase membership, and get some positive press... if properly setup and arranged! We could also possibly get help from local Boy Scouts, etc???

I'd be more than happy to do some of the leg work and coordinating, if we can really get this going!

What do you all think? Maybe I should start a new thread...?
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:

Last edited by Darryl Licht; 12-08-2013 at 8:36 PM..
Old 12-08-2013, 9:57 PM

Quote:
chknlyps2 is the best person to contact, he has a ranger that will make it a cold range the next cleanup. My thinking is that with a cold range, enough CG members, and enough trucks we could really clean this place up if we only had a dumpster at the entrance.

I believe we are looking at after the holidays for the next organized cleanup, but we need to take you up on that dumpster offer Fear!
It's not that I have a ranger to contact, Because of the past large clean ups Calguns members have done I have been in contact with the head person and a few other great people at the BLM office that oversees this area. I have already talked with them about a cold range some time before or after March, they are all for it and have always been thankful for what Calguns members have done.

When we were just out there a few weeks ago I don't think there was quite enough to fill one dumster. The other times we filled dumpsters there was quite a bit more large stuff there...... but by March sadly there will probably be much more there than last month.

We should probably use the ongoing thread from the last clean ups because quite a few people should still be subscribed and when they see it get active again it should draw more people. I also have a PM list that I can send out to people that have had interest in the past.

The NRA Rifle Qualification would be a great way to get a few more people to come out. In the past we have had no problem getting 50+ people to show up as long as the weather will cooperate (March is a pretty wet month usually)

PM sent to FearKrew
Old 12-08-2013, 10:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Cool... I think we could get some good CG PR out of it too. I'm trying to be more than a couch/PC member here and want to be more active within the IE.

Late March/early April, would give us adequate time I think to get something arranged.

Perhaps we could coordinate with LGS and get prize donations for a fun competition too? Bring new people into the sport, etc. Lots of ways to get this place cleaned up by a massive turnout and get good PR for CG. Are there any rules regarding PR, etc. for CG that you are aware of?
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Old 12-10-2013, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Are there any rules regarding PR, etc. for CG that you are aware of?
There is, I will look in the next couple of days...... they are for representing Calguns while working a gunshow booth but many will apply to other events.

There are also rules for raffles and giveaway's for non profit corp's which CGSSA is. Probably have to run any of that by the director or the board of CGSSA
Old 12-10-2013, 9:48 PM
Calguns Addict

notify me when there is another cleanup,hopefully before my knee replacement...march/april/dontknow
Old 12-11-2013, 6:01 AM

Notify me also for the next clean up event. Thanks.
Old 12-25-2013, 4:41 PM

I would love to help too! Been back there a couple times recently and actually isn't too bad as it has been in the past. Since it is BLM land, it is safe and legal to hunt yotes here correct?
Old 12-26-2013, 11:12 AM

I'd be interested in cleaning it up too.
Old 12-27-2013, 8:37 AM

I dont believe your allowed to hunt there, but then again might wanna get another opinon.
Old 01-02-2014, 9:34 PM
Veteran Member

I'll keep checking back here for updates
Old 02-21-2014, 9:07 PM

Date is set for the CGSSA/CalGuns Perris BLM Clean Up. March 29th at 8:00 AM, please go to this thread http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...6#post13497016 page 23, post 889 is where the details start. Please visit that thread and add your name to the list!