Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Old 01-14-2022, 7:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Wow it does really spread fast

Daughter said they had 16 kids out yesterday in one of her classes. We had it a couple weeks ago so no biggie. But, that's a lot of kids out on one day. The day before she said it was 14 kids.

We also have a test site next to the school that has had lines long as can be and each day it's been packed. Yesterday I noticed that there was no one there. I thought meh it's peaked. This morning I heard on the radio that site was shutdown as all staff have covid.

It was like a cold for us and nothing like when we had alpha. I was glad to get it over with actually lol.

Anyway, it seems like everyone is going to get this mutation. But like I said its very very mild.
Old 01-14-2022, 7:46 AM

It’s spreading in the schools here as well. My two kids go to the same small private school and some kids from each grade are dropping out. Even if it’s the parents sick they are keeping their children home. My neighbor and his wife both teach in the city at different public schools and they said it has really up ticked. Maybe a 1/3. He got sick last Tuesday with sinus throat Chad chest, sweats off and on. Tested negative but was done for the rest of the week. It’s around that’s for sure.
Old 01-14-2022, 7:51 AM

Hmmmm, just like head cold season. Happens every year. Just wasn’t headline hysteria news.
Old 01-14-2022, 8:00 AM
Calguns Addict

^ The Cold-vid-19 variant?
Old 01-14-2022, 8:04 AM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

Too bad kids don’t have guns, I’d call dibs.

Canít somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 01-14-2022, 8:44 AM
CGSSA Leader

What I'm seeing is a lot of parents choosing to stay home out of precaution, but yes, it's spreading quite fast.

My schools did a (voluntary) test-everyone push last Friday, with 85% participation. Among those who tested negative and came to school Monday, fourteen confirmed cases made it through that filter, ten in one school and four in the other. Both schools are off attendance about 25% right now, of which about a fifth is actual diagnosis or exposure and the rest is hysteria.

This is probably not too far off the pace of other schools -- the district had a 10.5% test positivity rate, about double ours, and unofficially their absent rate is higher as well, but a good part of that is probably caregivers who've tested positive and keeping everyone home.

Testing is not defensive for this variant -- we've already seen, in our limited sample, how symptoms can present before a positive test. This much more rapid growth no doubt also factors into the huge hit to sterilizing immunity; the immune system is inherently reactive, and response time is a factor.

Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.
Old 01-14-2022, 8:50 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...yesterday.html
Old 01-14-2022, 9:09 AM

Seeing the same at my kidsí school. Lots of kids out and lots of letters going home to parents about someone in the class testing positive.

Maybe this is ignorant on my part but I think the silver lining here is that weíre all having one big Covid party where everyone is getting it. Since the symptoms are much milder we could all end up with acquired immunity.

And like I said, if any of that is ignorant please feel free to correct me.
Old 01-14-2022, 9:21 AM
Veteran Member

That article states COVID is so yesterday. Even in MSM.
Not what I see. MSM is ramping up the gloom and doom over OMICRON and companies are going full steam on their vax mandates. Flights cancelled, schools going back to virtual, reinstated mask mandates. Long testing lines.
It is so yesterday for me and many other conservatives but the panic continues to grow in the general public.

Why are people getting tested for OMICRON?
If postive what are they going to do about it that’s different from a cold or flu?
Old 01-14-2022, 9:28 AM
Calguns Addict

Thats my question. We tested because of my parents being at our home at Christmas. But if it wasn't for that there's no need. You can stand in line for hrs then you shouldn't be testing. When we had alpha I couldn't even drive let alone stand for hours.

I don't understand the testing. Is your doc going to give you a magic covid pill or something?
Old 01-14-2022, 9:31 AM

Back when the pandemic started I looked at a 2-D chart showing historical viruses with ease of spread on X axis vs severity of symptoms on Y axis. There is a very wide range on both axis. This omni or whatever it really is does spread fast/easy but symptoms were mild for most people including me.
I believe it is airborne as my 1st symptom was an irritated nose.
Old 01-14-2022, 9:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Johnny, no I agree. Let everyone get it. I was glad to get it so early on. We were at the mall Saturday without masks. You should have seen the people looking at us like we had a death wish haha. No worries about giving it to our parents anymore. Wife's dad is vaxxed but my parents aren't. I know they would be fine but I didn't want to be responsible for giving it to them.
Old 01-14-2022, 9:32 AM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
Why are people getting tested for OMICRON?
If postive what are they going to do about it thatís different from a cold or flu?
While there's no longer any way to test defensively (and it's been impractical for some time), there is still value in reconstructing why an outbreak is occurring. If you have a child who is exposed and gets symptoms, living with an elderly or immunocompromised caregiver, a positive test will give you some advance warning to watch for more severe symptoms. Even the omicron flavor of SARS-CoV-2 is more dangerous to children than other common ailments, and now that we're experiencing shortages of treatments -- plus the rollout of Paxlovid -- foreknowledge is useful.

There are also legal requirements. The school is required to react differently to confirmed cases than to mere symptoms, and there is a grey area for no test result. A school cannot compel children or their families to get tested, but without a negative test they will default to a longer quarantine requirement.

Old 01-14-2022, 9:35 AM

It is COLD season.......
Moronic......
It is also fiddle season, the orchestra is playing.......
Old 01-14-2022, 9:46 AM
Veteran Member

Itís probably the 229E, NL63, OC43, and HKU1 variants that are spreading so fast.
Old 01-14-2022, 9:59 AM
Calguns Addict

They also changed the quarantine time from 10 days to 5 days. I think they just want to spread it as fast as they can now.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadon View Post
They also changed the quarantine time from 10 days to 5 days. I think they just want to spread it as fast as they can now.
And pjabbed positive hospital workers required to work while un jabbed can't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherryj View Post
I am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?
Old 01-14-2022, 10:18 AM
Calguns Addict

^^^^ crazy world isn't it?
Old 01-14-2022, 10:19 AM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
This actually gets very messy. CDC has recommended five day quarantine, but acknowledges that's a balance between prevention and utility -- they know perfectly well transmission beyond five days is possible, just not as likely. This is an attempt to split the difference with an unpopular directive, and as usual when one tries to compromise, it makes no one happy.

These recommendations sometimes propagate slowly to California schools. CalOSHA mostly concurs but points out that the CDC directive can be overridden locally. In LA County, positive cases follow county isolation orders, meaning if asymptomatic and if a negative test is achieved, you can go back out after five days -- but must stay masked indoors and out for ten days. Lacking that negative test, which is the usual situation, the requirement is still ten days of isolation. In either case, that individual is still considered infectious from test date -2 days / +10 days, even under current guidance.

Similarly, under recently revised rules, those who are exposed only have to quarantine for five days iff they provide a negative test at the end.

You basically have to be a lawyer to navigate this stuff accurately. Staying compliant has been a serious challenge.

Old 01-14-2022, 10:49 AM

It is bizarre to me that most people think they can stop omicron with quarantines, masks and testing. That ship sailed when the original strain escaped Wuhan. The point of these measure was to prevent over running the hospitals. That is not a possibility with Omicron. Taking these countermeasures is pointless.

We will all be or have been exposed. There is no escape. The current strain is not particularly dangerous. It is time to stop acting like scared children.

Unfortunately the people in charge are not particularly intelligent, moral, or respectful of human rights. So there you go.

Take your zinc, C, and D. Get outside exercise regularly, Eat good food, don't drink. Lower your stress. That is most of what an individual can do to stack the odds.

I am eager to see the risk reward analysis for mRNA vax vs Omicron. My money is that the vaccine is more dangerous than omicron for the vast majority of healthy people. Maybe we will be allowed to know in my lifespan.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member

Can get the disease over and over again. Can’t stop it.

A terrified world forever
Permanent restrictions
Not Good

Lift all mandates.
Live as we have lived for 30,000 years
Old 01-14-2022, 11:03 AM

9 teachers out at my wife's school - all vaxxed. Yet only the unvaxxed are required to test each week. F o L L O W T he S c I E n Ce...not
Old 01-14-2022, 11:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Rocketman, no neg test required here. Just five days and done. I'll see if I can find the email in my delete box.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:22 AM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Rocketman, no neg test required here. Just five days and done. I'll see if I can find the email in my delete box.
I fully expect regulations to be different from state to state, and in some cases, even particular to the city. Where I live (Pasadena) there have been occasional discrepancies all the way down the chain -- FedGov to State, to County, to City, and then to USD. It's been particularly messy for me as my two schools have different chartering agencies, one through LACOE and the other through PUSD.

Old 01-14-2022, 11:42 AM

My kidsí school (northern LA county) allows you to be in school if you were exposed to someone IF )1 you are vaxed, 2) you have no symptoms and 3) you have a neg test. If you donít have all 3 of those then you have to stay home for 5 days.

Hereís the really ridiculous partÖ if you were exposed to someone outside of school then everything above applies. But if you were exposed to someone at school then what is above also applies but if you donít meet those requirements then you only have to stay home 2 days.

So 5 days if you were exposed to someone outside of school but only 2 days if a student at school exposed you. Ya, that makes sense.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Rocketman, my best friend just called he lives in Roseville CA. They had it a few days ago. He told the school and they said no problem bring the kids in. My buddy is tripping. He thought they would say stay out for 10 days because it's CA. But nope, just make sure they keep their masks on.

It is crazy how everyone was told to follow the CDC and now it's, we'll make our own rules lol.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:05 PM

Default Wow it does really spread fast

Quote:
Rocketman, my best friend just called he lives in Roseville CA. They had it a few days ago. He told the school and they said no problem bring the kids in. My buddy is tripping. He thought they would say stay out for 10 days because it's CA. But nope, just make sure they keep their masks on.

It is crazy how everyone was told to follow the CDC and now it's, we'll make our own rules lol.

The county makes all the difference. Iím in Sac county (8min drive to placer county) itís not the sameÖ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2022, 5:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Daughter said they had 16 kids out yesterday in one of her classes. We had it a couple weeks ago so no biggie. But, that's a lot of kids out on one day. The day before she said it was 14 kids.

We also have a test site next to the school that has had lines long as can be and each day it's been packed. Yesterday I noticed that there was no one there. I thought meh it's peaked. This morning I heard on the radio that site was shutdown as all staff have covid.

It was like a cold for us and nothing like when we had alpha. I was glad to get it over with actually lol.

Anyway, it seems like everyone is going to get this mutation. But like I said its very very mild.
Is it a cold or is it rona or is it allergies? Around here people have been out at work but they always tell people even if you have the sniffles keep your *** home. Allergies are insane right now due the mold and pollen being like 3x a normal high year.

I may have had the new one last week now looking back. I had driven through a big dust cloud kicked up by the road mowers and by the time I got home my sinuses were not happy. Then spent 2 days with kind of a cold mixed with some crazy muscle pain in my legs and back and really bad night sweats feeling like I was on fire but also freezing. Bad headache and dizziness. I assumed it was just some allergies or something triggered by that dust cloud. Then after 2 days it was gone but only sinus issues remaining but I always have these same sinus issues around this time with the cold dry air. I considered getting a test but truthfully I just don't care that much.

Last edited by ibanezfoo; 01-15-2022 at 6:14 PM..
Old 01-15-2022, 6:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Well we tested because of Christmas and we were negative with zero symptoms. My patents have some health issues so they asked if we would and I was good with that. 3 days later the wife got sick and thought it was allergies. She went to work and felt like crap.

The next morning she woke up feeling crummy and we had a extra test from Christmas and it was positive. The next day our daughter and I got it. But it was a joke, lasted two days and on the 3rd we were back to normal. Wife still had a random cough now and then.

Yesterday my daughter's class was down from 16 to 14 out sick. Thats half the class for four days now. It's so bad the school changed the rule to you can come back after 5 days instead of 10.

Carson closed the school for a week as all the teachers and a lot of students have it. All this said its nothing to worry about and the school knows as they seem to want everyone to just get it.
Old 01-15-2022, 9:38 PM

Good grief.

Donít care what theyíre sick with, I hate it when people to work sick. Ditto when I see kids sick at school. If you have a cough, fever, donít feel well, etcÖthen donít go to the office. And if itís your kid, donít send them to school. After 24 hours without a fever, then you can go back.

Thanks for passing colds onto my family, you selfish jerks.

Old 01-15-2022, 9:47 PM
Calguns Addict

More tests ---> More cases ---> More $$$$ to Big Pharma.

Old 01-15-2022, 9:51 PM

Many probably false positives. Or symptomatic.
Old 01-15-2022, 9:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbj View Post
Good grief.

Donít care what theyíre sick with, I hate it when people to work sick. Ditto when I see kids sick at school. If you have a cough, fever, donít feel well, etcÖthen donít go to the office. And if itís your kid, donít send them to school. After 24 hours without a fever, then you can go back.

Thanks for passing colds onto my family, you selfish jerks.

Since when do we not go to work with a cough? Wow

Old 01-15-2022, 10:23 PM

I work for a school district and from what I'm seeing/hearing about half of the students are out throughout the district. It would seem a lot of parents are keeping the kids home as a precaution and/or they have that flu going around and people assume its the Vid.
Old 01-15-2022, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertjosh View Post
Since when do we not go to work with a cough? Wow

I have a friend who goes out dancing, goes to bars , goes to yoga, basically keeps his regular routines when he is sick. Cold, flu, it doesnít matter. Iíve yelled at him many times. Why are you going out and infecting everyone? He is selfish AND stupid. And he just caught Covid and after a few days, as soon as he could, he was out there again. There are selfish jerks all over. And they could be standing right next to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-15-2022, 10:40 PM
Calguns Addict

^Found Karen

I've been around sick coworkers my whole life. I'm still alive! Can you guys believe it?
Old 01-15-2022, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUTTER View Post
^Found Karen

I've been around sick coworkers my whole life. I'm still alive! Can you guys believe it?

^This is code for ďIím one of those that infects everyone around me because Iím too selfish to stay homeĒ. Like I said, selfish jerks everywhere

Old 01-15-2022, 10:51 PM
Calguns Addict

^ I haven't been sick in over 10 years, bud.
Old 01-15-2022, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlewpolar View Post
^This is code for ďIím one of those that infects everyone around me because Iím too selfish to stay homeĒ. Like I said, selfish jerks everywhere

awe. you likely get every sniffle that rolls through the masses. Iíve been flu free for over 6 decades and survived thousands of work snivelers hacking and sneezing and driveling snot down the chin. I feel sad for those sick folk. But not much to do but hand them a hanky. would you like one? Get back to work there is a future to make- with or without you.

- Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Volunteer LDW
Old 01-15-2022, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenterX View Post
awe. you likely get every sniffle that rolls through the masses. Iíve been flu free for over 6 decades and survived thousands of work snivelers hacking and sneezing and driveling snot down the chin. I feel sad for those sick folk. But not much to do but hand them a hanky. would you like one? Get back to work there is a future to make- with or without you.

You forgot to tell him to rub some dirt in it and take a salt tablet