Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 09-13-2021, 7:54 AM

Default Complete lower value?

Hi all. I’ve been doing some searching, but was hoping to get your thoughts on fair value for complete lowers. I am thinking of selling a couple off to fund other things. If I sell them, I am not trying to rip anyone off or anything, yet, I don’t want to just give them away. I have never bought or sold lowers before—other than buying stripped from a LGS. Any feedback is appreciated.

1) Anderson lower, CMMG LPK, aero buffer kit, no stock or grip

2) Anderson lower, CMMG LPK, bcm buffer kit, bcm qd end plate, bcm trigger guard, spikes t2 buffer with springco spring, LaRue mbt trigger. No grip or stock.
Old 09-13-2021, 8:33 AM
Veteran Member

Current market price for parts. Your best bet is to get someone that doesn't know about guns and sell them on the fact that you did all the work. Maybe get a buddy to keep you in mind when someone asks about any ARs for sale. I've sold 2 that way but at friend prices.

Last I checked, Anderson lowers were still going for $80 in california. Parts kit, $40. Buffer kit $30?

You could just build it up with cheap upper parts that are now back in stock and consign it at the next panic....
Old 09-13-2021, 10:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1911 View Post
Hi all. I’ve been doing some searching, but was hoping to get your thoughts on fair value for complete lowers. I am thinking of selling a couple off to fund other things. If I sell them, I am not trying to rip anyone off or anything, yet, I don’t want to just give them away. I have never bought or sold lowers before—other than buying stripped from a LGS. Any feedback is appreciated.

1) Anderson lower, CMMG LPK, aero buffer kit, no stock or grip

2) Anderson lower, CMMG LPK, bcm buffer kit, bcm qd end plate, bcm trigger guard, spikes t2 buffer with springco spring, LaRue mbt trigger. No grip or stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabascoz28 View Post
Current market price for parts. Your best bet is to get someone that doesn't know about guns and sell them on the fact that you did all the work. Maybe get a buddy to keep you in mind when someone asks about any ARs for sale. I've sold 2 that way but at friend prices.

Last I checked, Anderson lowers were still going for $80 in california. Parts kit, $40. Buffer kit $30?

You could just build it up with cheap upper parts that are now back in stock and consign it at the next panic....
tabascoz is right on with his assessment on the prices for the parts kit and buffer kit.

What you need to remember when building an AR the parts prices are all over the place. As is the so called quality of brand XYZ over brand ZYX. A lot of people won't care that you have Aero this or BCM that. If you want to try and get the most out of those parts it's best to sell them separately to someone willing to pay for that brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Old 09-14-2021, 7:34 AM

About $300-$350 :
Old 09-14-2021, 4:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

He's already posted it in the marketplace.
Old 09-14-2021, 4:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have 2 polymer complete lowers in ad 160 each.