Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-01-2022, 5:28 PM

Default Alarm Permit Question About Guns

Can anyone tell me what business it is of the police department whether I have guns in the house or not? That was a question on my alarm permit application where I live. They didn't ask if I have bows & arrows, attack dogs, explosives, or moonshine-making equipment.
Old 09-01-2022, 5:38 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Why do you need an 'alarm permit'? And what is that anyway? I have a professionally installed and maintained alarm at my office; never needed a 'permit'.
CRPA Member

....."He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance."

Declaration of Independence, 1776
Old 09-01-2022, 5:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

When we were stuck in California the alarm permit was just a yearly fee that had a two false alarm stipulation that after two in a year they would charge you a fee. When we moved and had a false alarm the local PD came out. I asked them about their false alarm policy and alarm permit.

The officer said “ you moved from California didn’t you?”::::when I said yes he said “your not in California anymore we don’t charge an alarm permit fee and we come out on every and any alarms false or not no charge.
Old 09-01-2022, 5:45 PM

I never pay the alarm permit fee.
I have a 3-5 min armed response and THEY, call the police not the alarm company.
If I’m home and it goes off I call 911 and tell them to send the police and an ambulance to collect the body.
Old 09-01-2022, 6:08 PM

My new alarm company said they won't call the cops if I don't have one. The city permit is free.
Old 09-01-2022, 6:26 PM

Of I was a PD person, I would want to know if the burglar might be arming themselves. Might make me get there faster, too.
Old 09-01-2022, 6:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Like a Calif Guard card, Alarm cards are for those who sell and install alarms in Calif. It should be none of there business and I'll bet you could sue under 4th and 5th Ammendment concerns.
Old 09-01-2022, 6:37 PM
Calguns Addict

I just answered "Sometimes"

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 09-02-2022, 5:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusrn View Post
Like a Calif Guard card, Alarm cards are for those who sell and install alarms in Calif. It should be none of there business and I'll bet you could sue under 4th and 5th Ammendment concerns.
Los Angeles (and I'm sure some other cities) require an alarm permit if you have an alarm system in your house. I think it's specific to monitored systems where the police get called. If the police get called to your house by the alarm company and you don't have a permit, you get a nice fine.

I suppose the gun question is so that when the police respond, they know that the person holding a gun is definitely the bad guy, or if it might be the homeowner. I can see here where the information would be helpful to all involved. It should be a optional question though.

NRA Patriot Life Member, Benefactor
CRPA: Life Member

It's 2025. Mickey Mouse is in the public domain and Goofy has left the White House.
Old 09-02-2022, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foothills View Post
Of I was a PD person, I would want to know if the burglar might be arming themselves. Might make me get there faster, too.

Why would anyone assume someone who broke into a home was unarmed?

If the home owner said they don't have guns on the permit application then you'd assume someone who tripped the alarm was unarmed?

Then on top of that, someone who doesn't have a gun today can't have one tomorrow?

Why would the information make you get there faster?

Answering the question establishes a sort of gun ownership registration database does it not? If the homeowner doesn't have guns but their guests do, then what? Who holds the information and for how long? How is the information valid seconds after the application is completed? If the owner moves, what happens to the gun ownership record?

Think past the gun.

Don't worry, it will never pass...How in the hell did that pass?

Think past your gun.

Defense is a losing proposition when time is on the side of the opponent.
Not losing is not a Victory if everything stays the same.
Old 09-02-2022, 3:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

All about fees and control…
Old 09-28-2022, 2:20 PM

Its so when they get a call to your house. And your not home. They know not to leave your house. With out taking and securing your guns and ammo.
Old 09-29-2022, 8:28 AM

El Cajon requires a permit, it is free, no question on the application about firearms.
Old 09-29-2022, 8:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke Lives View Post
Its so when they get a call to your house. And your not home. They know not to leave your house. With out taking and securing your guns and ammo.
My guns are very secure whenever I leave the house, even for a few minutes.