Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 03-23-2023, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by California_Deplorable View Post
If market is soft, I havent seen it.
Plenty of P365s, P320s and off roster Glocks. They are very COMMON easy to find and not rare by any stretch. Yet prices are still around $1500 on average ranging from $1200 to +$2000.
Sellers can list for whatever they want but are people buying? P320 and P365 I think got pretty impacted by the on roster single shots
Old 03-23-2023, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DArBad View Post
With the present state of the economy (several big banks in the red, the stock market what it is) many people are being laid off, income tax filing deadline just around the corner, cost of living high, interest rates high, people losing their homes, etc. etc. etc. buying an over priced handgun would be the least of purchase priority, don't you think?
For most of CA, the income tax filing was extended to October 16, 2023. No need to file an extension.
Old 03-23-2023, 2:55 PM

asked does not equal sold;

I see references in threads like to someone sold (x) for (y) when in fact all they did was ask (y) and we don't know what it sold for - not a clue. Unless the buyer / seller post what they paid I have no idea what the final deal was;

Personally I thought things were a little better because retail was dropping with guns finally being in stock. Gun stores have inventory. Big retailers are advertising popular models with discounts. I still see ads for guns that retail for $629 on the market place "slightly used" for $750. People are looking at that and saying I can get new for less then that.
Old 03-23-2023, 6:48 PM

Many types of commodities are soft in the marketplace currently.
Old 03-23-2023, 7:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbormaster View Post
Personally I thought things were a little better because retail was dropping with guns finally being in stock. Gun stores have inventory. Big retailers are advertising popular models with discounts. I still see ads for guns that retail for $629 on the market place "slightly used" for $750. People are looking at that and saying I can get new for less then that.
Things are better - you're right - what I think is going on there are apathetic gun owners, looking to sell, who don't pay much attention to what's going on with legislation or litigation where the 2nd Amendment is concerned, nor are they self-aware of what is going on in industry trends, supply, or involved in news, updates, and discussions here.

You'll rarely ever see any post of theirs in an actual gun-forum on Calguns, outside of Off-Topic or the Marketplace, so they are completely out-of-touch, thinking the Biden created supply-chain constriction/Biden free-money days are still feeling the roaring '20s.

They pop in, bump their thread, then pop out, as completely clueless as they are about guns in the first place. Many may even be the shamdemic crowd hoping to unloaded what they now think was a 'silly' purchase, fixed on what they assume it's worth because they got gypped for being so naive when they bought it, where being infinitely unaware is just in their nature.

---
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

Last edited by The Gleam; 03-23-2023 at 7:36 PM..
Old 03-23-2023, 7:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Not so much free cash floating around and ol Joes economy is swirling the bowl
Old 03-23-2023, 7:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaJames83 View Post
Not so much free cash floating around and ol Joes economy is swirling the bowl
Absolutely!

---
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?